Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Today’s STW Exmoor ride
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve just uploaded the GPS route of today’s Exmoor ride to Garmin Connect, I’m not sure if you have to register to be able to see it.
    Nice to meet you all BTW.
    STW Exmoor

Strangelove
    Free Member

I like the average speed 😀
    I wish I had woken up in time to make it

knottie8
    Free Member

good to see you out ,Dibbs. Im uploading my pics now. Our large group rides always have a low average speed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlespeedstu

Avg Speed: 3.7 mph

Was it a race then. 😉

We’ll be down to see you again after Mayhem and our trip to Verbier. 😀

sharki
    Free Member

I’m still in shock of Dibbs, riding away from home…….

Top day out…

Thanks al for coming and fanks oldsprightlyfart for coming up with the idea and root.

And great idea Ali for making us sit on the beach next to the migrating elephants seals…

Rex
    Free Member

Good stuff – cheers to Oldfart and everyone else involved.

Please see ‘WTD: New Legs’ ad in classifieds.

knottie8
    Free Member

Great day out with fantastic company, some new faces and some of my closest riding pals. That last downhill from Selworthy to minehead was mad ! All finished off with chips on the beach. I think Oldfarts Exmoor safari was brilliant ! I think we need a Dartmoor ride to complete the set(QED).

click the above pics for more pics.

rOcKeTdOg

looks great 🙂

Rex
    Free Member

Blimey Paul, that’s a lot of pics. You’ll be giving Joolz Dymond a run for her money at this rate. Nice one.

(lens is pretty cool btw – i’ll bring it on the next ride to give it a proper go – thanks very much, and cheers again for the pinhole)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thank you very much OF for a lovely well-planned day out with such a large group. And also the Knottie for going ahead and directing at all the tricky junctions. Great trails up there and very social, lots of excellent chat breaks – and such nice company too.

[that bl00dy road climb up to Dunkery did for my legs though]

sharki
    Free Member

I only walked the road climb to preserve my tyres. 😉
    Good to meet you Buzz.

aleigh
    Free Member

Going to the beach to eat our fish and chips wasn’t my idea lol!

I had a brilliant time and thank you all for being patient 😀

So when’s the next one then?!

Oh and nice to meet you all, especially dibbs 🙂

One more edit…………..thank you Mr O, the ride was ace x

r6ymy
    Free Member

Thanks oldfart for organising, had a great day out – top trails, top company and perfect weather.
    Also thanks again to Roger and Buzz for sorting out my bike and to Rich for patching me up after my incident.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I do like this one Paul 😀

Good to meet you to Sharki. I was right impressed by your single-speeding on hilly Exmoor.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

r6ymy: no worries mate, I think you just got unlucky. A pleasure to ride with you (and everyone else).

oldfart

Twas indeed a grand day out ! Sharki liking the elephant seal observation ! Knottie can i be a pain and ask for some copies of the pics where it looks like i know what i,m doing please ? Oh and the one of me scoffing the cream tea would be good as well.Thanks everybody for turning up and making such a good day of it .Anna just had a cup of tea and some of my present .I LOVE YOU !!!! ( have you managed to work out i like food !) Aleigh glad to see your mojo starting to return keep it going lovely !

aleigh
    Free Member

thank you 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

Top day out thanks folks , unfortunatly I am aching alot now

Got home to find the wife went out on her bike (first time for over a year) and did 16 miles on the Tarka trail and loved it 😀 good girl top end to the day

This is going to be one hell of a summer

btw knottie where is the elephant seal pic?????

knottie8
    Free Member

I havnt the nerve to post that stranded whale pic or a couple of others I took !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I havnt the nerve to post that stranded whale pic or a couple of others I took !

Aw go on it’s a laff. Someone had the idea of spelling out SINGLETRACK using our bodies on the tarmac, but I think we were all a bit whacked out to organise it my then.

BTW the warm tarmac was quite theraputic.

aleigh
    Free Member

And it looked like a bicycle park haha!

Anna-B
    Free Member

No mr lightyear, you lot were cane toads! I think Mr Dodger and Knottie are referring to some happy people who we saw sunning themselves on the beach.

I had a lovely day and a lovely ride. This group ride business is fab. Great to meet more people from here and see friends again. Thanks to the eternally youthful mr fart for organising it (that’s why people thank you OF!) and so glad you liked the present 🙂 Love the pics as usual Knottie

x

knottie8
    Free Member

Anna
    It wouldnt be the same without you ! next ride ?

knottie8
    Free Member

Hang on , I wasnt the only person taking pics . So where are they ?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Gert lush 🙂

Cheers to the usual suspects, and great to meet some more likeminded bikers. Sometimes it’s nicer to go slow…

We haven’t been to the Mendips yet…..

cinnamon_girl

Huge thanks to oldfart for organising this – what a great day it turned out to be 😀

Like the pics knottie but not sure about being referred to as a “mob” – come on, even I was on my best behaviour and no unladylike language. In fact it was a lovely group of people with seriously impressive cream tea-eating skills 🙄

r6ymy – hope you’re OK now and can make the Chilterns ride on Sunday.

Love the elephant seals comment, you wicked lot 😉

Looking forward to a Mendips ride and also a North West Hampshire ride too. What a great year it’s been!

sharki
    Free Member

Ok my few from when i wasn’t putting the wrong tubes in or spotting parasending transits 🙄
    anna

Dibbs

r6ymy

him

Greatwhyte

John

Buzz

The thinking man…

left to right. Buzz, greatwhyte, Dibbs, Rex, Rich penny, Bloke eating scone…..

Them two

Exmoor bike rack

aleigh
    Free Member

no unladylike language

*ahem*

Tis I that had the unladylike language……….I did try my best though, ask knottie! 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

Yes Ali !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“We haven’t been to the Mendips yet…..”

Ok I get the hint! We might have to enlist help from ScienceOfficer and agendagnamit.

Sharki: “Bloke” is my mate Martin (not STW). He had a great time.

tsr
    Free Member

A grand day out – Thank you Mr Fart.

Nice to meet you all again, looking forward to the next jolly outing.

GreatWhyte
    Free Member

Yes,

My thanks to all, esp OF, knottie and sharki.

Great pics.

R6ymy, I hope the arm is OK.

Hope I can invite myself on the next one!

Cheers.

dropoff

Oldfart, thanks for a cracking day out, excellent route for a big group too, it was especially nice not to be leading one but just following. Nice to meet you all too 🙂
    R6ymy drop us a line when you’re coming down.

knottie8
    Free Member

If it to be the mendips next someone start a new ” Mendips “. Sounds like a good idea to get together again. The thread will require pics and lots of hype.

oldfart

knottie have you seen my thread ?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Today’s STW Exmoor ride’ is closed to new replies.