Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Today's relationship advice thread, you know you love em!
  • bigsi
    Free Member

I’d like to know how soon is too soon to start dating again having come out of a long term relationship?

So for anyone who has been through this how long did you leave it and at what stage of the split with the ex were you at?

Good to hear the perspective of men & women on this one & yes I know everyone will be different but I’m just interested as am going through this myself at the moment & it doesn’t seem to be going too well so far 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Entirely up to you
    The range will be hours to years

user-removed
    Free Member

A lot of women seem to start the new relationship before leaving the old one (according to what I read on here). Hope it gets better soon!

yunki
    Free Member

stay single for a year or two and do some window shopping.. otherwise it may be hard to know exactly which part of your psyche you are indulging..

is it the part that is feeling lonely and insecure..?
    is it the part that is missing warm soft flesh at night..?

or is it the part of you that knows what you want from life and how to get it, and is looking to find someone compatible to share that with..?

either way, do exactly what makes you feel good, and do not adhere to what you presume to be the correct etiquette..

lunge

I may not be the best person to comment here as I went from a 4 year relationship to my current 10 year one with a gap of, well, about minus 1 month as there may have been a touch of overlap. The 1st one was well and truly on it way out though I accept this is not much of an excuse.

I will walk away before I say to much…

alfabus
    Free Member

+1 trillion.

example 1: 2 years with one girl, split up, new girl next day (win!)

example 2: 2 years with another girl, split up, pined after her for 1.5 years before finding a new girl who I massively rebounded on to (that lasted a few days and really cleared my head – brilliant!), then a couple of months later I met my (now) wife, by which point I was baggage free 🙂

Dave

bigsi
    Free Member

Do be shy lunge, we’re all friends here 😆

Ladders
    Free Member

A lot of women seem to start the new relationship before leaving the old one (according to what I read on here). Hope it gets better soon!

or ‘cheating’ as it’s more commonly known?

D0NK

hours? minutes mate. just don’t expect (or even try) to get into another long term relationship for a while. Go out meet a few people, be single for a while, whatever seems right to you.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

An overlap is usual for at least one party in a relationship which is ending…

For the other person is may take a bit longer

kevster
    Free Member

Yeah enjoy the time. I was gutted when my ex (childhood love – 7 year relationship) split up with me. Missed her for a few months but ended up having a great year doing things I would never have done with her. After a year met current partner and life wise all the better for the break up. Dont rush into things, just wait until it feels right.

restless
    Free Member

I had a short fling for a few months not long after my ex left. It helped take my mind off the upset, and was in no way ever going to be a serious relationship. He wasn’t included in any part of my family/home life.

I think it is healthy to leave some time before searching for a new long term relationship if you were the one who was dumped.

As you need to digest the old one, get rid of all the emotions and be a clean slate again, else your new relationship could be tainted

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Stick an ad on PoF. In your profile, just copy and paste the original question. Let the totty decide.

bigsi
    Free Member

Haha I’m already on there BBSB which is why I’m asking the question. Have have had a few dates inc one woman who I saw 4 times before I got the “lets just be mates” text.

Not sure if it was me looking too soon or not.

Gah this being single malarkey isn’t easy 🙄

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Today's relationship advice thread, you know you love em!’ is closed to new replies.