Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Today I splashed a pedestrian.
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

My car
    Their innocence
    That puddle

It certainly was not my intention.

I purchased an umbrella for someone in need of one.

Karma restored.

organic355
    Free Member

did you laugh? I would have

Clobber
    Free Member

That is actually an offence

Clobber
    Free Member

But I’d have laughed too… 😈

mikewsmith
    Free Member

done it once, they were proper red sock ramblers just outside of Keswick, reckoned it was OK

tacopowell
    Free Member

I’m a firm believer in Karma, plus I don’t drive an Audi.

tomhoward

IIRC – Didn’t some girl get done by posting a vid on youtube doing exactly that?

Funny vid though, kid was drenched. Not sure of the outcome though

binners

I did it this morning too. Must have absolutely soaked him. My girls were in the back of the car and laughed their heads off, then wouldn’t believe I hadn’t done it deliberately. As I’d even think of such a thing?!!!

tacopowell
    Free Member

I hope it wasn’t the same guy?!

Clobber
    Free Member

I hope he hasn’t get your reg no.

tacopowell
    Free Member

I would be happy for to have done so, I’d apologise and take my punishment like a man.

scaredypants

I did it once, through a really deep puddle

Didn’t see the pedestrian until way too late to avoid soaking them (honest) 😳

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Driving without due care and attention isn’t it?

tacopowell
    Free Member

6 years in the slammer?

****, what have I done?!

MadPierre

Someone did it to me once. Fortunately for them they just got through the lights just down the road before I got there..

It’s not funny from the receiving end. I had to go home and get changed and be late!

jfletch
    Free Member

I did it to cyclist once by accident (puddle was hidden on back side of a speed bump). The wave went over his head it was so big.

To be fair it was raining so hard I probably didn’t get him any wetter so I didn’t feel to bad and it did make me chuckle.

freeagent
    Free Member

I got a guy walking along Hackney road wearing an Arsenal shirt a few years back.
    I was driving my Landrover at the time, the wave was huge!

I know it is wrong but it did make me laugh!!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The other day I was driving home in the rain – massive puddle by some railings and a kid leaning over then, arms out, Titanic style.

His mates were egging drivers on to pin it through the puddle and the kid by the railings waving too, soaked head to toe and grinning ear to ear!

Would have been rude not to…

project
    Free Member

It is actually illegal and can and shouild be reported to the police, and a claim made to the drivers insures for compensation, taxi fare home, cleaning of clothes ,loss of earnings etc.

But then yeaterday night got shouted at by 2 walkerists for the sray comming off my back wheel, due to no mudguards as yet,didnt seem to matter that my shorts and the rest of me was soaked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2705453/Woman-motorist-failed-driving-test-for-splashing-pedestrian.html

molgrips
    Free Member

It really is not at all funny. It’s a huge pain for the poor sod you soak. They can hardly go to work dripping with water, you just totally wrecked their day. It’s more than just a little jape that can be laughed off.

Not funny at all really.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

It ain’t funny. A lot of part time cyclists, full time motorists here having a good chuckle. It’s antisocial, rude and not funny.

BoardinBob

It really is funny

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well obviously it’s not funny if it’s you that’s been splashed, that goes without saying, but it’s hilarious if it’s someone else.

It’s a bit like failing to lower your head sufficiently whilst walking through scaffolding on a building site and smashing it on a scaffold clip/bolt, for everyone who witnesses it it’s extremely difficult to stifle the laughter, but for the person who’s done it it hurts like ****.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Back when I was a youth I got a girl waiting at a bus stop one Thursday evening. She was wearing white jeans and it was tipping it down. For about 30 seconds I thought it was hilarious. I quite quickly felt quite guilty and very nearly turned round to go apologise. Bottled out and felt really quite bad about it for longer than was strictly necessary. A few weeks later it happened to me so I suppose what goes around comes around. Wouldn’t dream of doing it now. You bad bad people.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Whilst we were ‘on tour’ with one of my old bands here in Germany we were on our way to the venue in the pouring rain. I was with some of the band in a car as the bus had left earlier. As we entered the town there were two girls standing next to this huge puddle. The driver of our car (and also the other guitarist) drove full pelt into the puddle completely soaking the two girls. He then stopped and in his politest voice asked for directions for the club. I know I shouldn’t have but I had tears of laughter running down my cheeks. 😳

Susie
    Free Member

It’s not funny at all. They’ve either got to go back home, get changed and get a rollocking for being late, or spend all day in wet clothes.

yunki
    Free Member

There are some positives however.. You know those folk that don’t find it funny?
    If you splashed one of them they’d have finally found something amusing to say at work..

Every cloud and all that..

glupton1976
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7605026.stm

Just be glad you weren’t on your driving test.

molgrips
    Free Member

It really is funny

If it happened to you, would you laugh?

I’ve banged my head loads of time, sworn a lot, and carried on. It doesn’t ruin my day.

joefm

If there are large puddles try and avoid walking near them.

I’ve done it. Two very drunk people and one big puddle. Couldn’t resist. 😐

busydog
    Free Member

a year or so ago, I was following a couple young guys in a pickup who were purposely driving close to the curb during a rain in order to splash people on the sidewalk and at bus-stops—until they got too close, hit curb, blowing out the front tire and bending the rim and generally trashing the front suspension.

aracer
    Free Member

Now that is funny.

garage-dweller

I got a bow wave over me from a bus a few years back. My coat stopped a fair bit of it if only the collar had been closer fitting as it went down the inside. Home, showered, changed, coffee and a train to work an hour later. Annoying at the time but really not that traumatic.

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s happened to me a few times over the years, horrible thing to happen if its a bad one…don’t be surprised if you hear a brick scudding off your motor next time.

parkesie
    Free Member

Always laugh even when its me getting splashed. Normally wet to the skin anyway.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Mad Pierre – Member

Someone did it to me once. Fortunately for them they just got through the lights just down the road before I got there..

It’s not funny from the receiving end. I had to go home and get changed and be late!

Were you just called Pierre up until this point? 😀

29ers
    Free Member

Didn’t know it was illegal to splash a pedestrian! – sorry for the hold up, but was trying to avoid driving through the puddle 😳

I’ve heard of ‘Hit & Run’, so what would that be classed as ‘Splash & Dash’? 😆

tomd
    Free Member

It’s really not that funny. Sort of strange that folk get a kick out of demonstration their superiority over pedestrians and balls-ing up someone’s day.

milky1980
    Free Member

Up there with farts imo.

Can also use it to your advantage. Good looking lady? Splash then stop and apologise. A bit of acting to try and avoid the puddle helps here (late braking, slight swerve etc). Offer to pay the dry cleaning bill. Bingo, phone number and something to talk about.

Mate in uni did it most winters to good effect 8)

martinhutch

Up there with farts imo.

Can also use it to your advantage. Good looking lady?

You can use farts to attract a partner? Tell me more! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Today I splashed a pedestrian.’ is closed to new replies.