• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Today i am mostly gonna be tos5ing it off at work………….
  • ton

anyone else want to join my lazy monday club.
    got a deck chair, got some suntan oil, got my bike to wash and fettle.
    even got a nice chicken and prawn salad for lunch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3vSPxHvB_g

change sunday to monday…. 8)

uplink
    Free Member

You’re doing that lunch thing again ton

I’ll have you stripped of your Yorkshire citizenship if you don’t desist – it’s dinner, OK?

singlespeedstu

Ton’s sat at home all day today.

What’s the betting he orders a new bike? 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’m with you ton. Working from home, but very pi**ed off with probable end of contract 30 days away.

Would love to fettle bike but I’ve got a loose shock bushing, and my X9 shifter has suddenly decided to stop working properly – can’t do anything about either of them myself

Oh and Mrs M is off down south enjoying herself, so home alone with the dogs.

Its being so cheerful that keeps me going – don’t think I’m going to be very productive today

Joxster
    Free Member

CaptainMainwaring – Member

Would love to fettle bike but I’ve got a loose shock bushing, and my X9 shifter has suddenly decided to stop working properly – can’t do anything about either of them myself

I’ve got a spare set of X9 shifters, yours for £30

woodsman
    Free Member

Dinner is in the evening isn’t it – I mean you wouldn’t say ‘I’m booking a table at a restaurant for tea’, would you!? Or I’m taking someone out for tea either – assuming you probably call evening meal ‘tea’ if it’s not dinner……

🙂

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Joxster, thanks – I’ll ping you a mail

woodsman, no I think at some arbitrary line across England, lunch and dinner become dinner and tea

TheSanityAssassin

woodsman – Member
    Dinner is in the evening isn’t it – I mean you wouldn’t say ‘I’m booking a table at a restaurant for tea’, would you!? Or I’m taking someone out for tea either – assuming you probably call evening meal ‘tea’ if it’s not dinner……

Breakfast, dinner, tea and supper. In that order.

Booking a table in a restaurant is referred to as either:
    a) “We’re off out fer something t’eat”, or
    b) “Off for a meal.”

headfirst
    Free Member

As a teacher I love this time of year (but I love August more)… with groups out on exam leave, for the next two weeks I have five hours of teaching to do in all. Today’s teaching commitment = zero hours. The downside is I still have to turn up and stay at work. Usually I have to pretend to be doing something useful – this is euphemistically known as ‘planning for next year’. However, the two other members of my department are on a course so I’m sat in our office on my own, so I’m chillaxing big style 8)

IdleJon

I’ve got to head off to the tip this morning.

Lunch/dinner – cheese sarnies – not that exciting sounding but I have a lovely chunk of extra mature.

Afternoon, bit of light cleaning while looking after 2yr old daughter. Make a beef casserole for tea – definitely tea. Pick up 5yr old from school and head for Gower beach. Get burnt, have icecream, pick wife up from work, eat tea, kids to bed, head out on bike for dusk ride. Relax with couple of bottles of rather excellent Tomos Watkins beer.
    Life is good.

(And during the day, consider which bike I’m getting from work c2w scheme – probably a Genesis Altitude 20.)

hughjass
    Free Member

Been working all weekend, just getting the bike out for a ride to the Pike above Hebden. BBQ for tea, then making up for lost time, not had a beer since Weds.

Tomorrow going for a longish loop over the moors, not decided on route yet. :mrgreen:

ton

omfg, how tanned am i now.
    i look like a big bronze adonis……… 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Today i am mostly gonna be tos5ing it off at work………….’ is closed to new replies.