Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Tod CX on January 2nd
  • Harry_the_Spider

Who’s going and in what category?

I shall be moaning my way round with the over 40s.

twinklydave

Hopefully!

I’m in negotiations to get the whole day so I can ride there & back. If I do, I’ll be falling off on the flat bits in the seniors cat 🙂

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I’ll be there on my 10 yr old Giant MCM Team, dicing for 30th place in the over 50’s class 😕

Clover

I can only race if Chipps gets enough marshals – otherwise I will have to run the signing in as incompetently as I did last year. If there’s anyone out there who’d rather get hypothermia standing still than hypothermia from sliding down the icy mudchute he’s preparing, do let me know. You get food and tea and to marvel at the lunacy of it….

crazy-legs

Definitely. Probably a mix of marshalling and “riding round with a number on”.

GregMay
    Free Member

I’ll be over from the land of Leprechauns to race the Senior catagory again and try to lap* Mr. Terrahawk again…only just missed him last year 😈

*he may have ever so slightly smashed his ankle up

Clover

We’re laying down a nice track for you. The weather gods did a test run today – three layer puddles consisting of mud then water topped with snow sprinkled ice crust interspersed with mud slushpuppy and little rivulets. All it needs is a good old mix with a hundred or so pairs of ‘cross wheels and it’ll be perfect.

Harry_the_Spider

Lovely. 😀

Got an idea of the race times yet?

mos

where in tod? might come and watch

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ll be in the throbbing hub of awesomeness that is the vets race…

and then I’ll be joining Dave on a massive ‘proper’ ride afterwards 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

Got an idea of the race times yet?

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/74278/Yorkshire-Points-Round-9

but no online entry via the BC website…that should make it less of a “massive faff” for some folk eh?
    😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup..

I’ll be there..

Watching. :mrgreen:

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’m actually not sure why the vets race is only 40 minutes….is that really all the over 40s can manage?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

mos – Member
    where in tod? might come and watch

Centre Vale Park

Harry_the_Spider

40 mins? I’ll have only just got my “dickie” knee warm by then.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

What time is sign on/start?

Are mtb allowed?

MrSparkle

40 mins? I’ll have only just got my “dickie” knee warm by then.
    FTFY 😀

Harry_the_Spider

40 mins and I’m done, dusted, showered and asleep fella!

Clover

MTB welcome.

Every minute will be truly exquisite: embellished with mud and mounted on a tiny sliver of frost-bitten cobble for your delight and delectation. 40 will be a plentiful sufficiency. Honest.

Harry_the_Spider

Is this age discrimination young man? I’ll have you know that I’ve survived for an hour on a push bike before you know.

terrahawk
    Free Member

so go on. Why only 40 minutes?
    please don’t answer with ’40 minutes is plenty’ ;0)

terrahawk
    Free Member

oh, and you’re doing 120 minutes at HTN – no excuses!

crazy-legs

so go on. Why only 40 minutes?
    please don’t answer with ’40 minutes is plenty’ ;0)

Cos everybody else gets bored/cold watching old giffers for more than 40 mins. 😉

Clover

I hope you’re not calling *me* a young man. I’m the other category in with the vets 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I’m going to pretend to be 3 years younger and sign up for the seniors.

I’m not ready for Carousel just yet*

* old film reference that the whipper-snappers won’t get.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I hope you’re not calling *me* a young man. I’m the other category in with the vets

I’m aware that you’re an old woman. But that’s fine, you’re still doing 2 hours at HTN 😉

woody2000

I reckon 40 minutes of this is enough. Oddly tempted, never done owt remotely like it , so it could be interesting. In the vets cat, which probably just means a load of double hard bastards. Still, someone’s got to be last 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zu5PkU2D-mo[/video]

Clover

I’m aware that you’re an old woman. But that’s fine, you’re still doing 2 hours at HTN

I know, don’t remind me. It was a moment of madness.

PS I won’t be officially old until HTN… that’s another thing I don’t like to dwell on.

Clover

Weather update:

Todmorden

It should thaw and freeze a few more times between now and 2nd Jan… already an interesting encrusted ice surface (sounds like eating a Crunchie on max volume) concealing polished ice and puddles. But what you can’t see, doesn’t hurt you, does it?

terrahawk
    Free Member

It’ll be reet.

trio25
    Free Member

Hopefully be there, I rode out and watched it last year, think I may race this year as I have been enjoying CX again. As a female I get 40minutes as well, I assume to give other people an advanatge as it takes me an hour to warm up 😉

stever
    Free Member

40 mins is a bit short isn’t it? My sweet spot runs from about 15 mins to 45mins. I can’t afford to waste 5 mins of that 🙂

Clover

Hey Trio, another girl, that’ll be nice. Waving!

Weather today is pure slush with no redeeming features. Promises to warm up further. Proper mudfest on the horizon (on the ‘up’ side, the cobbles will be in if it’s not icy).

Whilst longer might be better for you, think of your poor bike… there were quite a few casualties last year 🙁

GregMay
    Free Member

SO has Tod sank into the swamp yet 😀

Looking forward to a total muck fest.

mountainposture

Another girl here. Another novice/virgin (of this sort before anyone starts) although I have now ridden the bike I’m borrowing twice. Should be reet then. I’m thinking 40 mins should be quite ample to completely show myself up.

Clover

Still time to fit cleats to your wellies… 😉

It should be a dryish day. Shame about the fact it’s been raining for the last week and the park looks like it’s doing its floodwater storage job adequately. At least the cobbles will be a respite from the water features.

It’s only my fourth race mountainposture and just finishing is a big buzz… I will be riding a borrowed Hakkalugi which is way too good for me but say Hi (and I’m called Beate when not masquerading as my dog).

grittyshaker
    Free Member

I’ll be turning up to ride in the vet’s category on my Planet-X Kaffenback. I did it last year with a miserable cold. I figured it’d be kill or cure. It did neither but I couldn’t drive home for coughing fits. It was still a heap of fun though.

mountainposture

Clover – hope to say hi tomorrow then. I’m on a borrowed Focus Mares which is clean. Now at least. White seems to be an odd colour for a cross bike but what do I know. Yeah, looking forward to it.

Gritty – do you have a cold this year as well?

grittyshaker
    Free Member

No cold this year. Thanks for asking 🙂 . Hoping, therefore, to improve on my woeful placing of last year.

mountainposture

At least you got off your arse and did it. Anyway, last is a very respectable place. I think anyway 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Tod CX on January 2nd’ is closed to new replies.