Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Tod Cross today
  • Smarty
    Free Member

Anyone we know?

will1
    Free Member

Ben from Blazing Saddles in Hebden Bridge??

MrSparkle

Never mind the Seniors, where’s the pics of the Vets??

matthew_h
    Free Member

That’s excellent

lord
    Free Member

it was good fun , pics anywhere ?

MrSparkle

It was good to see few familiar faces and meet some new uns (lord)!
    Big up to Chipps and his hetero hat for putting it on.

Dave
    Free Member

That’s Ben from CycleRecycle as featured in issue 61 :o)

B@rney
    Free Member

Thats Mr Ben Edwards he showed a great pace – He did’nt stay on that bike for long mind! Very well organised event – tip my flat cap to the Singletrack team for setting up a top event.

Oh as well —– How Bloody freezing!!!!

Smarty
    Free Member

Oh as well —– How Bloody freezing!!!!

According to the car it was around 3 deg but with windchill it must have been about minus 40 😯

Harry_the_Spider

Stop being soft! It wasn’t that bad… although my Toffee Crisp™ did freeze in my back pack.

plivsey
    Free Member

I was persuaded by MrSparkle to have a go at this race which was my first bike race of any kind, i struggled in the mud with my landcruiser tyres stood still in places but still pedalling and coughing most of the way round, but glad i did it, will deffo do some more!!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Was a great (albeit it **** freezing) day out..

Top marks to Chipps for getting it all squared away.

rangerbill

It was my first ever race and cyclocross, I thought If I stay in front of Ben I’ll be fine, after the mud beat the Wayfarer he swapped bikes, I last saw him firing off into the distance on some carbon framed thing.

Damn

🙁

lord
    Free Member

think ill try some skinny tyres next year 2.1’s probably not the best choice , nice to see you mr sparkle and you mates , cant wait for the results , dont think i was last !

Harry_the_Spider

lord (we met briefly after the race) you should have a crack at Hit the North. Similar misery to today, but for 2 hours!

lord
    Free Member

good fun today , (my first cross race allthough on my inbred) got to say it was well organised and the chaps in the vets race where very freindly .i was unsure whether to have a go this morning but i was very glad to have done so , great day thanks chipps and all those who helped today,from number 88

samuri
    Free Member

Pics from me will be up tonight at some point. I got loads.

B@rney
    Free Member

Anyone got any results or know where to look..

joolzed
    Free Member

Some pics here:
    Tod ‘Cross

Results here:

Results

rangerbill

Wow, i didnt come last 🙂 Ben still beat me 🙁 poo

samuri
    Free Member

And here’s my pictures too. I got bored looking at you ugly buggers so I just gave most of them the Autumn Cold filter in lightroom and batch processed them all. (I thought the light today was especially weird and didn’t like the untreated pictures)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53067724@N00/sets/72157625606207525/

Smarty
    Free Member

What happened to Rob Jebb? Down as DNF but completed 8 laps in 53:38

lord
    Free Member

well happy with 68th

epic71
    Free Member

Great day out, even though I wasn@t competing we had fun. well done to everyone particularly those taking part in their first race.

colnagokid

Apparently Jebb ran back to the pits with a mechanical against the flow of the race, instead of completing another lap, daft really as he’s faster running than most are at riding!
    Rules is rules

crazy-legs

There’s loads more pics and some video up on the British Cycling website now:
    http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/cyclocross/article/cyx20110103–Images-Results-Todmorden–Cross-0

The helmet cam stuff was going OK at first but then once I came back out onto the muddy grass I was going backwards and knew that, without any riders in the frame, the video would look a bit crap. Then the battery died anyway so I pulled out!
    I had zero grip on the back wheel, all it did was spin hopelessly and then clog the frame up with mud. 🙁

Top part of the course was ace though.

identicalbutlighter
    Free Member

Nice event, great course and certainly among the vets everyone very friendly. Sad to report among the youth U16 some objectionable behaviour. My son rode his second cross race, he said whilst the lead riders were all polite with usual efficient “on your right or left, or rider” shouts, some lesser riders were just cursing, passing then stopping, and generally being prats, guess the lead guys have learnt what works, and what goes around comes around. He’s wise enough to cope but that nonsense puts interested youngsters off.

samuri
    Free Member

Are you in the youth category now James? Nicely done. 😉

crazy-legs

It would have been more my level TBH Jon!
    I got a reasonable start in the Seniors but the heavy going on the grass just did me in completely, mentally more than physically. I was already 2 laps down after half distance when I pulled out although a lot of that was down to me stopping to get a better camera angle on the second lap and to unclog the bike.

dave360

lovin the vid, Krazee. Bit different seeing it sat here in my comfy chair

MKII
    Free Member

Thanks again to all who organised and helped out.

A smashing course and a good atmosphere at the top of the cobbles…i particularly appreciated Mr Scuff’s “get a move on”and “Jump” by Van Halen.

The wooded section at the top of the cobbles reminded me of the Lincs CX league course at Quibell Park in Scunthorpe. A course taking in fantastic woodland singletrack and a lap aroud the top of the outdoor velodrome – Well recommended for next year.

joolzed
    Free Member

Another video added to the collection now too:0) Senior race this time:
    Tod Cross

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

lol its ben! he was going to wear a morph suit but didnt 🙁 shame maby next year ben ;p

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Tod Cross today’ is closed to new replies.