Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • To the idiot at Lee Quarry today…
  • spyke85
    Free Member

…who thought that as I was cycling up to start my ride to try and overtake me in his van on the single lane road, so he could park at the very top little lay by…I hope you broke your bloody bike or some bones or both…as I didn't appreciate being smacked by your wing mirror! And I think it saved you what 20 seconds by getting past me?

Jamie
    Free Member

There is always the possibility they might not read this. Why not write it all down in a letter and keep it in your pocket for that fateful day when your paths cross again.

shermer75
    Free Member

….and you didn't let his tyres down? You're a better man than me, spyke85! 🙂

spyke85
    Free Member

I was very tempted to take his wing mirror with me when I finished. I know it won't be seen but just fuming about it.

On a seperate note, how long have the No Motorbike signs been up?

hora
    Free Member

He mustnt have noticed? If he did surely he would have stopped and apologised?

spyke85
    Free Member

Naa he noticed. Heard them laughing in the van. It's not even wide enough for a cyclist and a van anyway!

hora
    Free Member

Sure they were cyclists?

i_am_JC
    Free Member

If he was only 20 seconds ahead and you could hear them laughing in the van why weren't you able to have a quiet word in his ear? In a totally relaxed, non-confrontational way of course.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Heard them laughing in the van

I get a bit of a red mist sometimes. If that had been me, he'd have been looking closely at his wing mirror as it came whistling through his window.

hora
    Free Member

i_am_JC not everyone is as hard as nails like Arnie in the movies though and if you are on your own remotish you can feel intimidated. I understand that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why were you not in the middle of the lane to make it impossible for him to try to squeeze past? Thats the lesson surely?

hora
    Free Member

Letting down two tyres you say?

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, it's all YOUR FAULT!

i_am_JC
    Free Member

I understand that Hora and as I wasn't there, don't know the OP nor the people in the van I can only speculate.

My personal experience would be that if you approach someone in a friendly way and talk to them reasonably most people would respond in kind. spyke85 has said that he knew they had hit him because they were laughing. Perhaps not. Perhaps they were having a laugh and the driver wasn't paying enough attention so didn't realise.

Perhaps if the OP had said hello, you caught me with your wing mirror back there the driver would have apologised. Again, pure speculation!

I can sympathise with the OP, it's not nice when you're on your own and feel intimidated, but sometimes people read too much into a situation and what was a genuine mistake can be seen as a malicious, stupid personal attack.

goog
    Free Member

you should of knocked him out instead of blubbing about it on here

poofy !

spyke85
    Free Member

As said, I am not one for confrontations and were definitely cyclists so would think they would look out for cyclists on a road!

Anyway, didn't ruin the riding!

hora
    Free Member

It pays to always pack your keyboard incase you need to fight

singlespeedstu

Where's Glupton when you need him.

*Waves to George.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘To the idiot at Lee Quarry today…’ is closed to new replies.