Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • To early to put up the Christmas tree??
  • carlos
    Free Member

We’ll apparently not. Walking the dog this morning and at 06:30 the lights were flashing, star and all in the flat round the corner. 8-/ it’s not even December FFS!!!

Prob going to be the 14th in the Carlos house, what about you?

houndlegs
    Free Member

There’s a house a mile or so from me,they decorated the front of the house at the beginning of November,and if I remember correctly,I mean right at the beginning,before bloody bonfire night.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tree goes up a week before begrudgingly and comes down asap. 👿

khani
    Free Member

carlos
    Free Member

Houndlegs – now that is just bonkers 😯

Makes my neighbours seem sane

IanW
    Free Member

I’m going muslim this year, not sure if that’s icicle or snowflake led’s.

mattsccm
    Free Member

nearest weekend to 10 days before at the earliest.

racingsnail
    Free Member

Traditionally is it not something like 12 days before and 12 days after christmas?

john_drummer
    Free Member

if we do bother with a tree (rare) then 1st December is early enough, comes down on or before 12th night (6th January)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

we might put some lights in the gum tree or palm tree to make my parents feel at home.

john_drummer
    Free Member

oops double post

patriotpro
    Free Member

Ours went up today. It will be taken down by N Ys Day.

djglover
    Free Member

Put ours up today, the kids were made up!

scaredypants

I made a reindeer out of chicken wire with my daughter at the weekend – it’s grazing on the grass out the front

… with 200 fairy lights on it 😳

looks ace though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

21st/22nd plenty early enough….
    Down by new year, saved from the hassle I hope as I haven’t seen a suitable tree in 18 months. Got some lights in the Gum Tree though.

teadrinker
    Free Member

We put ours up after the Halloween decorations came down.

carlos
    Free Member

Scaredypants – pics? Sounds cool

mikey74
    Free Member

These can stay up all year:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSKcNlX7_o[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ours is out of the loft but still in the box, & I aint in a hurry to put the bastard thing up yet.

*exudes big bahh humbug-ness*

coolhandluke
    Free Member

There’s a house on our estate like that on the photo on Khani’s post.

He’s spent the last 2 weekends putting the blooming things up!

The word in kahni’s post sums him up perfectly.

scaredypants

shaky shitpic

christmas deer by scaredypants, on Flickr

carlos
    Free Member

Cool. Pretty good effort, defo better than any attempt I’d make

beefheart
    Free Member

Too goddam right it’s too early!
    What is wrong with people? Are you a f****** supermarket????

teadrinker
    Free Member

What is wrong with people?

I’d say nothing is wrong with people. Just because someone chooses to pop some decorations up that’s there choice. I’d say there something more wrong you to provoke such a strong reaction 🙄

Merry Christmas though.

beefheart
    Free Member

OK, ho, ho, and indeed ho. It is xmas- well done, heal the world Mr Festive!!!!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

My kids were so keen, to get the tree up they went and retrieved it from the loft and put it up themselves on Sunday. They’ve done a great job too.
    I’m sure they were elves in a previous life…….

spacemonkey

Scaredypants, what’s Donny Darko doing in your garden? 😛

robdob
    Free Member

My tree went up last night, and the front garden lights. Bought a new wooden train advent thing, has two carriages and drawers big enough to put decent chocs in. 🙂
    I also have in the lounge a Christmas penguin army (well they are actually ninja penguins really).
    In the kitchen I have another Christmas tree.

I love Christmas!

No kids either!

mattrgee
    Free Member

Is there a good time to buy a tree? Heard someone say that all trees for sale this year have already been cut so buying one closer to the time will not make it last any longer.

Any truth in that?

teadrinker
    Free Member

heal the world Mr Festive!!!!

Oh I shall 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

14 of us (8adults 6kids) off to a nicely secluded spot that not many folk seem to go to, to cut our own tree down on Saturday. I was misery and said last weekend was too early so Saturday it is!

andytherocketeer

up on 23rd, down by the 6th at the latest.
    It’s a couple of days event, not 1 month or 1/10th of a year (or 1/3rd of a year in some shops)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Traditional Christmas is tree up Christmas Eve. down 12th night.
    Everything else is crap.

IMHO.

flowerpower
    Free Member

@ mattrgee – basically yes! They are all cut and shipped to the garden centre in one batch. Then ‘back up’ stock is cut and left in the yard to see if anyone needs any extra (or at least the grower we buy from works like that). The best way is to go and choose a tree early – cut 1″ off the bottom and stick it in a bucket of water outside until you bring it inside. Then use a stand that can take water in the house (try and keep it away from a radiator). The trees that you buy closer to Christmas have probably been stacked on a pallet and left dry for the past 4 weeks and won’t last as well..

Alternatively buy a Nordman (costs more, doesn’t smell of Christmas, but won’t drop its needles)

(I sell over 10,000 of the darn things!)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Or cut your own down!

john_drummer
    Free Member

for those who don’t bother with a tree (if you’re reading this), do you get grief from other people who do when you tell them that you don’t?

For example. I haven’t bothered with a christmas tree for about 10-15 years.
    Talking to someone at work the other day
    “so John, have you got your tree up yet?”
    “no, I tend not to bother”
    “why not?”
    “can’t be bothered”
    “well it takes all sorts I suppose”

eh? you’re judging me because I CBA to put up a christmas tree?

mattrgee
    Free Member

@ mattrgee – basically yes! They are all cut and shipped to the garden centre in one batch. Then ‘back up’ stock is cut and left in the yard to see if anyone needs any extra (or at least the grower we buy from works like that). The best way is to go and choose a tree early – cut 1″ off the bottom and stick it in a bucket of water outside until you bring it inside. Then use a stand that can take water in the house (try and keep it away from a radiator). The trees that you buy closer to Christmas have probably been stacked on a pallet and left dry for the past 4 weeks and won’t last as well..

Thanks buddy, very useful to know.

alpin
    Free Member

no trees here…. no decs, nothing.

no crappy German christmas markets either (and i live in Munich!). no mulled wine. no buying presents.

i’m not christian and don’t believe in the birth of a baby jesus. why partake?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘To early to put up the Christmas tree??’ is closed to new replies.