Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • To bidet or not to bidet, that is the question
  • iolo
    Free Member

I’m just redoing my bathroom and was thinking of putting in a bidet.
    Do any of you guys have one?
    Do you actually use it?
    Or is it just a waste of space and money?

Stoner
    Free Member

hmmmm, footspa.

Vortexracing

handstand in the shower?

Duffer
    Free Member

For when you’re doing the grand slam?

khani
    Free Member

We’ve got one, total waste of space and money, 😐
    up to yet it’s been used to wash feet and poodles, and it’s not great for that tbh, and the MIL who’s blind and demented crapped in it once by mistake..
    Which was not great.. 😥

towzer

we bought a house with one – it’s going – useless….

Tom-B
    Free Member

So is a bidet for those occasions when you’ve made such a shitty mess of your arse that toilet paper is redundant? I can’t say that I’ve ever felt the need for one!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’m just expelling last nights naga curry (when will I learn?), a bidet sounds lovely at the mo….. 😥

leebaxter
    Free Member

I fit bathrooms, and have only ever fitted 2 bidets. A toilet roll holder is easier and cheaper to fit.

globalti
    Free Member

Waste of money and space; we’ve taken two out of our house. They never get used and the trap dries out so you get drainy smells in the bathroom.

Bidets were en vogue in France before people were in the habit of taking showers. Back in the 70s companies like Unilever liked to trot out horrifying statistics about the tiny quantities of soap consumed per head of population in France (well below half the UK figure) and toothbrush ownership (3% of French men) and at that time I guess a mademoiselle would like to keep herself fresh after entertaining her gentleman friend, but she wouldn’t have access to a shower. Even my student room at Grenoble uni had a wash basin and a bidet in the room – the communal showers were two per floor at the end of the corridor.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Refreshes the parts showers can’t reach after a long bike ride 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Out of vogue certainly which is odd given they are far more hygenic than paper. At least many countries in the Arabic and Asia worlds still use water in various guises rather than paper.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

This is what you need instead – jetwash/dry/perfume, even massage:

Moses

Fantastic for washing babies in, feet, bottoms.

Also for soaking really dirty clothes.

And when Mrs M is occupying the washbasin & I want a quick splash wash.

I’d get one if you’re thinking of breeding, but otherwise a bigger shower is a better idea, or a Muslim shower / hand shower positioned next to the loo.

40mpg

We’ve got one. Only time its been used was when the kids had norovirus and it was coming out both ends simultaneously (bidet is next to bog)

Cougar

bencooper
    Free Member

Mate of mine is a plumber – years ago, doing up a posh house, he was asked to put in a bidet. For simplicity, he put it where the hot and cold taps were, next to the sink.

The owners didn’t appreciate having to waddle 10 feet across the bathroom, and told him to move it to next to the toilet 😉

Travis

I work in Asia, most of the hotels have what TurnerGuy posted.

I really do like the way these things take care of my rear end.
    The nice warm seat, the cleanliness that it gives, and wonderful of feeling fresh after.
    I also use less toilet paper as well.

Drac

Is it the 80s again already?

alpin
    Free Member

Tom B – Member

So is a bidet for those occasions when you’ve made such a shitty mess of your arse that toilet paper is redundant? I can’t say that I’ve ever felt the need for one!

i have done in the past… 😳 have had to hang my arse over the bath and get the shower on it many a time.

we were at friends last night. one of them retold the tale of her best mate who for years had been using the lower of the two hand towels next to the sink to dry her hands unaware that it was the dad’s arse towel. nice.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cougar – no good if you have a septic tank or narrow pipes. Unless you have shares in the drainage company!

“Dads arse towel” – was he a doctor by any chance (brings back bad memories)?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’d rather put a urinal in, but when I suggested it to the wife when doing our bathroom but she was absolutely against it. She would prefer, instead, to have the eternal squabble about the toilet seat being left up.

As for bidets, we had one in my parents house when growing up. Waste of space.

flap_jack
    Free Member

We have one. Used for the obvious, but also a great way to quickly wash the bits before applying ar$e lard and shorts if you don’t want another full shower that day.

ninfan
    Free Member

Space-saving one stop shop?

Cougar

Cougar – no good if you have a septic tank or narrow pipes.

I saw a doctor and had both of those cleared up.

emma82
    Free Member

We had a bidet when I was a kid, I used it loads. I don’t think I’d use one now though. Don’t bother

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TurnerGuy, sat on one of those in Shanghai once. Didn’t want to leave, was like shitting on the deck of the Enterprise.

emsz
    Free Member

Once upon a time, in a posh Hotel….

Me: what’s this?

Ex: A bidet

Me: What’s it for

Ex: Washing after…y’know

Me: Cool, get undressed then.

Ex No, perv, after a wee

Me: ahhhhh… 😳

stratobiker
    Free Member

We have one.
    Gets used everyday.
    I’m a cyclist, I like to keep my undercarriage clean.

crankboy
    Free Member

My mum has one it gets used for washing socks , and once when I was a kid a mate mistook it for a urinal . You can also have fun getting children or stupid people to look in then turning the jet on full.

To be fair I think my mum’s is badly positioned so you either sit backwards on it or fully strip from the waist down to use it . The fitting is a result of someone who had never used one getting one fitted in Yorkshire in the 80s by a Plummer who had never fitted one still less dreamt of using one.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Great thread, probably a good buy if you regularly make a mess of yourself and the big roll can’t cope! Personally I’d opt for a pack of wet wipes next to the pan for emergencies or to treat yourself!

I went for an interview with a company in London who had one of those spaceship toilets, most disappointing thing about not getting the job was that I wouldn’t be able to use it on a regular basis!

Ps. Only time I ever used a bidet was on a hockey tour in Italy when after several brews I took a dump in it luckily it was in someone else’s room!

jkomo

Great for being squeaky clean if you are having loads of sex.
    For that reason I haven’t got one.

backinireland
    Free Member

Can’t believe croc dundee not mentioned yet.
    2 dunnys?

samuri
    Free Member

I think they’re ace. We’ve not got one though. But then I always time my shits/showers so one follows the other.

I’ve said it before here, I never feel clean after a shit if I don’t have a shower. I’d love a bidet. I could have a poo, have a bidet, carry on.

ourmaninthenorth

We have one. All standard uses catered: feet, puking, children, emergency peeing.

No backside washing though. That’s what baby wipes were invented for.

It’s coming out in the forthcoming bathroom refit. I’m going to post it to Samuri.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks fella.

As long as it’s not crimson red or something.

ourmaninthenorth

Not once I’ve finished cutting up the latest body. Damned stuff gets everywhere!

😉

MrOvershoot

I once fitted a power shower mixer pump for a mate in their main bathroom as the water pressure was pants, what he didn’t know was their bidet was off the shower plumbing!

I was told his wife used it a lot more after!!

samuri
    Free Member

If you take a shower together, the shower head used as an, errm, exciter on both parties works very well.

natrix
    Free Member

If you live near a sandy beach bidets are good for washing the sand off your (and your childrens) feet. Other than that………….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘To bidet or not to bidet, that is the question’ is closed to new replies.