Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • To any E Bike doubters/Haterz/naysayers out there read on.
  • oldfart

Wife broke her leg 5 years ago , from there she had to have a knee replacement which severely restricted her riding . She was going to wait until her 60th birthday in 2 years time but we decided times a wasting and it’s not getting any better . So on Friday she tried a Giant Dirt E + 2 and was hooked ! Today she revisited some of her old favourite riding haunts on Exmoor , she said it was like turning the clock back 10 years ! There were tears of joys and it got a bit dusty for me as well ! Probably a bit of pollen 🙂 Haven’t seen her this happy after a ride and reasonably pain free for many a long time .

simondbarnes

Marvellous 🙂

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Beautiful! A lovely story, happy for you both.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OF – Seen your posts on Facebook, brilliant stuff! That’s an e-bike hitting the bullseye for me. 🙂

trout
    Free Member

lovely result
    I bought a Cube Ebike for my wife same age as yours Oldfart and been out of biking for 12 years (knee issues also )
    first ride out and she loved it
    we are off on a cycling holiday in wales in a few weeks
    Ebikes Rock for sure

monkeychild
    Free Member

Awesome!! I don’t get the hate personally.
    If it gets folk riding, who cares??

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M has a shonky knee and thyroid issues so I got here a cube e-stereo. Look on my mates faces as she smashed out the nutcracker after they minced down it…. Priceless

z1ppy

Haterz gotta hate MC, don’t tell them about my three perfectly healthy (if not cycle fit) friends who have had a ball of a time on e-bikes all summer

Not gunna show this thread to my missus, otherwise it may end up being expensive and leave me trailing behind..

Moses

That’s exactly what e-bikes are for. Go to it!
    I’m sure that I’ll be on one before too many years pass.

jamj1974

Think that is brilliant OP.

jonk

My dad is 62 and loves riding with me but can’t keep up any longer. In may he bought a Trek e-bike and now i can’t keep up with him! It’s given him a new lease of life and he love riding again.

househusband

They have their place and you’ve summed it up perfectly!

Last time I was at Kirroughtree there was an old boy, in his 70’s, perhaps that said if it wasn’t for his there’s no way he’d still be able to enjoy getting out.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I never got what the hate towards e-bikes was about. Especially considering most UK riders seem to care more about the descending performance rather than climbing performance and e-bikes are just a hindrance on a descent.

E-bikes allow for those like the OP mentioned to participate in our fantastic sport and enjoy it, inclusiveness over purity.

dryroasted
    Free Member

Maybe just limit them to people that need them 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘To any E Bike doubters/Haterz/naysayers out there read on.’ is closed to new replies.