Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • To Aberfoyle Warriors…
  • robgarrioch

If no-one else has, I’d like to say congratulations and well done to everyone who slogged it out at the Aberfoyle round of the SXC yesterday – difficult conditions (steady overnight rain after days of dry) made things a little tricky for sure, but pretty much all riders seemed to keep their spirits up to the end. I was marshall at the singletrack climb off the fire road next to Go-Ape – can’t say I envied you much. Coming to the end of the 2nd race most bikes must’ve doubled in weight. A couple to get the flavour:

Aberfoyle

Aberfoyle

Aberfoyle

Kudos to all involved in organising too. I’m stunned these things go off without a hitch. Optimism badge to the junior (?) on the single-speed; pulled out then a quick draw on his inhaler before heading back.
    Looking forward to going up and trying the course out soon myself.

robgarrioch

(sigh) Bump

househusband

Aberfoyle is a great place for mountain biking; the deli on the corner in the village being a bonus!

bengbong
    Free Member

Hi any details of course? how long where is the start etc??

robgarrioch

Just as you come into Aberfoyle from east, theres a wee road heading towards the hill, to ‘Dounans Centre’ – the start’s from the top of that road. There is a bit of a car park and a forest road leads you up. I’ve only been to marshall at that race, so far – some more experienced bods could advise on the trail itself… Be prepped for mud if it’s wet though, and midges from May on.

bengbong
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, will try and get up there to check it out.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I was up there at go ape 2 weeks ago, noticed some lurvly looking trails.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘To Aberfoyle Warriors…’ is closed to new replies.