Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Titus FTMc rear end issue
  • dantsw13

My titus FTMc was a bit “loose’ in the rear end. Eventually I managed to get hold of a bearing and bushing kit from On-one. Having replaced all bearings, and the bushings at the back end of the chain stays, it still has play.

It seems to be coming from the junction of the seatstays and chainstay. These are held with a bolt through a bushing. It is all tight, with new bushings, but the play is still there.

Any ideas?

Conan257
    Free Member

Perhaps the carbon is worn to the point where it’s the bushing moving within the hole…

If you take it all apart and just have the bushing installed, is there any play. Likewise, is there any play between the bushing and the bolt.

Be best to narrow down between each individual part to find the play.

dantsw13

I think you may be right, but on a bike just over a year old, that isn’t great. That would mean new seat/chainstays, and on a bike 14 months old £400 for new stays is a bit steep (and they are out of stock anyway)

clydebuilt
    Free Member

I had a similar thing with my rockstar, which eventually showed up with hairline cracks at the seatstay at the rear pivot. replaced under warranty, and the new seatstay (even with the same bearings) immediately stiffer and play free for the last couple of years, and I’m a big unit…

dantsw13

How long is the warranty on titus frames?

the_razz

Hi. Just wondering if you got anywhere with finding the problem. I have the same issue with mine and have replaced bolts and bushings and no improvement. Don’t really want to buy a new seat stay for 200 quid and find that wasn’t the problem!
    Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Titus FTMc rear end issue’ is closed to new replies.