Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • pls recomend breakdown cover?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i need to get some basic breakdown cover, home start and get me home mainly, can anyone recommend a company please other than the AA/RAC as they are a bit pricey these days.

geoffj

http://www.gocompare.com/breakdown-cover/

I’ve ended up with a policy for less than £20 but with a £40 excess – not sure how good it is, but it’s there for piece of mind.

Rescuemycar.com provide it, but I suspect they’ll use the same network as Greenflag etc.

Stoner
    Free Member

I would like to try and recommend Green Flag but I have yet to need them in an emergency yet.

I have previously been with RAC and the AA, but wont go back to the AA again after a misfuelling wasnt covered and because of their shyster insurance arm.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m with AutoAid but have yet to call upon their services.

seavers
    Free Member

I jumped ship from AA, the renewal price was stupid. Now with green flag. Home start, get you where you want to go if you brake down on the road. It cost £96 I think.

Used them once, home start affair. They were with me in 40 mins and I was off in another 15. Very good service.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

I would like to try and recommend Green Flag but I have yet to need them in an emergency yet.

I did, a couple of times, including get me home with abroken motorcycle. if was still paying, I’d still be with them, only stopped because I’ve got a freebie through the bank. couldn’t fault them so would recommend

Northwind

AA were brilliant for me when I needed it- guy went way above and beyond to fix me at the roadside.

RAC used to be total pisstakers when I had the motorbike, maybe they’re capable of providing good service for cars but they just could not do bikes- insisting on sending out vans that couldn’t tow/carry bikes, before sending relays, stuff like that. Oh and their control centre was terrible- broke down on a hillroad in Scotland, told them the road and the location, they refused to come out without a postcode. I said, there’s nothing here but sheep, they just didn’t believe me. Ask at the nearest house.

Harry_the_Spider

RAC with Tesco clubcard vouchers if you can do it.

Cheap as

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘pls recomend breakdown cover?’ is closed to new replies.