Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 976 total)
  • Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..
  • Swayndo
    Free Member

I’ve zero issues with the head tube length and the TT on the 18″ is perfect for me at 6′. I’m using a 50mm stem and 760 bar with 20 rise and I reckon my riding position is the best I’ve had on any mountain bike. We’re all different tho. This build suits the riding where I am.

brant
    Free Member

Again true – but Yelli Screamys have been out for what, over 2 years, and overcome these issues. A quick look at existing frames would surely overcome these initial teething problems?

Yelli Screamys aren’t titanium and I wouldn’t want to replicate that BB area in Ti.

I wouldn’t want a bent seat tube as it would FORCE you to use a dropper post to drop the saddle on a bike that needs its saddle dropping.

just discovered that it isn’t ISCG05 as stated on the website. Ripped the packaging on my chain guide too

Which chainguide? I have an ISCG headache and a beer open. Will buy your chainguide off you for my new build if you get stuck with it.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Clink, a Hans Damph and Ralph 2.4 both fit on the back of mine (ARCH EX and tubeless) no problems, dont know where you got the idea they didnt?!?

The YS had teething issues with brake mounts, dodgy welding and cassette clearance to name a few so its by no means perfect either.

Thanks for the offer Brant, but some nifty sticky taping has rendered the packaging “returnable” 😉

Clink

Clink, a Hans Damph and Ralph 2.4 both fit on the back of mine (ARCH EX and tubeless) no problems, dont know where you got the idea they didnt?!?

er…from all the images posted on here with very little clearance??

It looks a fab frame – I’m probably being over critical. YS isn’t perfect, you’re quite right. Certainly for the price it looks a bloody bargain.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

How can a trail/am 29er hardtail not fit a range of common 2.35 rear tyres?!?

Admittedly the clearance is tight at the seattube but they do fit, so your statement is false 😉

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

” bigdugsbaws

Aaaaggh just discovered that it isn’t ISCG05 as stated on the website. Ripped the packaging on my chain guide too”

it’s just getting better… 🙄

“Swayndo – Think I’m feeling a slight click from the seat post inside the seat tube. Could just be paranoid tho.

This is so near to perfect, but the small issues are just taking a little of the edge off the experience.”

…and better… 🙁
    i’m outside the UK so still waiting for the frame to arrive having ordered almost a month ago. It shipped before Xmas so this week I reckon it should be here but…, jeez, the building catalogue of issues you guys have highlighted… It’s taking the edge of my initial excitement at what I will get to unpack and build.

So Bigdug and Brant, what ISCG mount is it then as I am about to order the final build items I don’t have to hand? Thanks.

And anyone, ref. the difference between the Flow (622 x 22.6), and the Arch EX (622 x 19), how does that change or impact the choice of tyres and/or pressure that you can run and get away with when it comes to clearance issues?

Thanks in advance.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

For me the “build issues” have only been due to incorrect information and were a minor inconvenience, nothing to put me off ownership. Ride the frame and you will soon forgive all 🙂

Those are the specs for the old Arch rim so tyres will come up narrower and possibly taller than mounted on the Flow. On Arch EX tyres are very similar to flow size.

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

“Ride the frame and you will soon forgive all”

Thanks for that and yes, that’s what I am hoping will happen (along with no build issues mentioned by a few owners in the last 10 days or so.

So is the ISCG05 actually an ISCG?

The 622×19 was actually for the Arch Ex, (on the CRC website info about the rim), but your simple explanation makes sense now that you have explained it simply (narrower seating so possibly taller profile, thanks.

I’m new to discs having ridden old bikes up until now that allowed me to continue with canti’s then v-brakes, so I have no idea what disc size’s to go for and whether I will need any adaptors to run bigger than 160mm XT 180 or 200’s). What are you running front and back and are there any adaptors I need to run XT/Saint RT86 discs?

Riding I tend to try everything on the trail (without a dab if possible!) both up and down, so my riding is not fast and furious, but I like to try everything I think there might be a way to ride, so would 160mm discs be the ticket? Again, new to discs, (in fact all the stuff that’s taken place in the last five to ten years, I just ride), so any light on the subject is real helpful and appreciated.

Thanks again for your time and good info.

😀

Swayndo
    Free Member

Diablo … I’m using Flows. An HD 2.35 monster fits in the frame but you won’t get a conventional front mesh solution with it. I had one in for one ride and the bike felt fabulous, but I need the gears. There are solutions to that shown in this thread.

I’m using as Mud X with a front mech just now and there is loads of space. It’s working for me, given that the ground is almost fluid at the moment. Others have shown that a Purgatory 2.3 and RaRa 2.25 works with the back end and a conventional much.

The frame is a joy to ride … I’ve already decided to sell my Ragley and the 5 spot is next on the hit list.

chuffnuts

I’ve got to say that I too have no issues with my bike either. Granted I’m running singlespeed at the mo, but I’m quite happy to buy a new front mech as recommended earlier in this thread when I put my gears on. My Geax tyre is a 2.3 and I’m using Crest rims so it is does seem very tall, I’ve only got 26in tyres to compare.

I’m getting used to the handling, this is my first 29er and I still need to decide whether it’s for me or whether I keep my 456ti? I need to decide as I will have to sell one of these but, I’d say that the Titus is winning at the moment. I would really like a dry day to really give it some stick though!

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

Swayndo, chuffnuts, I appreciate the info, thanks for sharing.

It really sounds as though the frame has hit the mark with you guys and bigdug and others who have bought, built, and ridden it, so that’s confidence inspiring that I made the right choice.

A choice that came about due to cracks getting worse on the headtube, bb, and finally the chainstay on my old faithful 26er, and getting a chance to ride my first 29er, a Yelli.

Thanks again for reinforcing the decision I made to go for the titus that factored in geometry, ti as a frame material, price and importantly, delivery cost.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Rather nice X0 crank set arrived this morning. Before I start damaging the rings, I think I’ll put one of those XCG bash things on. Anyone know for a fact what ISCG mount I need to buy?

brant
    Free Member

ISCG OLD (not 05)

chuffnuts

Any sign of those decals and headtube badges yet Brant?

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

Yep, still waiting for the same answer to the same question, as how i read and then asked about bigdugs post, he found that the ISCG05 wouldn’t fit, not that he ordered the wrong one i think…?

“bigdugsbaws – Aaaaggh just discovered that it isn’t ISCG05 as stated on the website.”

And then Brant confirmed that was the latest problem to be discovered by new owners i thought…

“brant – I have an ISCG headache and a beer open.”

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up Brant. Any idea when you might be offering the complete build package you alluded too?

Swayndo
    Free Member

Coolio Brant. Sorry if that was a silly question but I’m not up on these things 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up Brant. Any idea when you might be offering the complete build package you alluded too?

We’re getting a parts order together right now with components which will be shared across this, the El Guapo 29 and the Titus Rockstar Carbon. As such we’re probably looking at mid Feb.

diablo6we6ride6
    Free Member

Thanks Brant, appreciate that.

Have a good year ahead.

heihei

Bumping to see if any more ride reports. Considering either this or a Yelli Screamy……

Gee76
    Free Member

More ride reports would be a terrible thing… for my old bike 😉

chuffnuts

Just been out on mine today, rides really well. The best 29er I’ve ridden…not sure if I’m keeping it though, I still like my 26er 456ti?

Is 29er for me?

Can I live without the easy rolling nature of 29ers?

Decisions, decisions???

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Can I live without the easy rolling nature of 29ers?

If you can, drop me an email and I’ll take it off yer hands 😉

Vortexracing

I still like my 26er 456ti?

not good news Gee76 🙁

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I still like my 26er 456ti?

not good news Gee76

Well for balance, I owned a Ti456 for over a year and the Fireline is head and shoulders better.

Gee76
    Free Member

Oh dear:S

How agile is the fireline compared to the 456?

Swayndo
    Free Member

Beats my Ragley Ti by a long way, which beats any 456 (IMO).

18″ Ragley anyone?

chuffnuts

From my experience I’d say that the 456 is soooo much more agile. It’s more ridged and easier to throw into a corner then the Evo, which to me feels just too noodley. I’m not sure if maybe my wheels are to blame a little, they are the same as on my 456, Stans crest rims only the 29er wheels were built by Superstar and do seem a little bit loose in the spoke department on the rear. I don’t know if this is right though?

Head angle is slacker on my 456 too, which surprised me.

For where I ride, which is Surrey hills singletrack and similar trails I’d say the 456 seems to be better so far, but I’m going to give it more time and see.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Sounds like the wheels. I’m using Flows on Hope Hoops and there is nothing noodley about it. A medium sized pal who was out with me last weekend had 26er Hoops with Crests and you could easily flex them from side to side with little pressure. Fine for small, light riders I guess 😉

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Crests are noodly not helped by SS builds. What fork are you running as thats probably contriburing to it. I switched the Sid 120 on mine for a Revelation as you could really feel the flex in the lightweighr fork.

Is there riding in the Surrey hills that justifies an Evo? 😉

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Should have waited for the “fileline”. 😉

wwaswas

Just ordered one 🙂

Getting my files out now.

chuffnuts

Bigdug, I’m running a reba…and it’s not about the size of those hills, it’s what you do with them that matters! ;-(

Gee76
    Free Member

Hmmmm soooo theoretically then at 6′ 2″ with 32-33″ legs what size is good. Currently on 456ti in 18″ its of the compact agile type of fit but with Lotta post showing. On the other hand my asr5 is a large 20″ due to yeti’s geo. Handling again is great n playful but a bit more stretched.

I note the fireline has a slightly shorter toptube than a 456 so erring towards a 20″ I think???.

Bigdug, swayndo, chuff how tall are we?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

6’3″ 33 leg on a 20 here. Loads of stand over but I am using a 90 stem to sort the short top tube.

Gee76
    Free Member

Hmmm interesting, that’s v close to me. Short top tube eh, still getting to grips with the 29er geo thing and only really ridden a sultan but I thought that’d be pretty long with a 90!. Was thinking 60mm but then after a bit more playful ride!

chuffnuts

Gee, Im 6ft with 33in inside leg and short arms! My 456ti is a little long in the toptube for me, I prefer a shorter toptube. The 18in Evo feels a better fit for me. On both there is a fair amount of seatpost showing.

jallll
    Free Member

hi, first of all all i think that the chance to talk directly with brad is amazing, i,m really interested on a titus fireli e in 16 size, has anyone builded one? can measure the standover??… photos??
    i think i could build a ultimate trail machine with this frame …..
    if anyone is interested on use a 140 mm fork fsa has a headset that could be used with tapered fork on 49 without external bearings…. so the geometry is respected….

wwaswas

I’d check that the crown doesn’t hit the downtube if you dispense with the external cup on the headset.

I wonder if brad would have concerns about warranty with a 140mm fork even if the overall length of the front end wasn’t drastically increased?

GEDA
    Free Member

I am reading this thread in interest thinking the frame bike sounds interesting and a bargain but on reflection it does seem a bit of an oxymoron. The thing that is the inspiration for my mountain biking is the speeder chase in Return of the Jedi. Nipping in and out of the trees, pumping every dip and root, doing hops and generally having a big BMX. Now I ride a Dialled Alpine which could be seen as a 26er equivalent of the Fireline but I can’t see how the Fireline would be more fun? Anyone care to enlighten me how a 29er can be more fun?

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..’ is closed to new replies.