Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tips on selling frame on ebay.
  • catnash
    Free Member

I’ve sold a frame in the past on ebay, though I forgot to get the best out of the process. So I now know to set a realistic reserve and thats about it. Any tips?

GW
    Free Member

include as much positive information about it as possible and place the auction to end on a sunday evening. be realistic with postage costs.

What is it BTW?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Don’t bother with a reserve, it just costs more money, so you get less for the frame.

Go to town on your description! Include all relevant maufacturers specs for the frame, all sizes (Headtube, seatpost, top tube length etc) you can think of, history, reciepts if you have them and take at least 4 good quality pics (Each side, closeup of front end, closeup of rear end) and crop them tight so there’s no wasted bits!
    Make sure to describe any damage as well as possible and take pics of it in addition to the 4 above. Try and chuck some bits in with it – Seatclamp, fitted headset, spare bearings/bushings for FS frames, that sort of thing.

Golden rule – Keep your advert clean looking, concisely worded (NEVER, EVER put “what more can I say” Arrrgggghhhh!!!!) and triple check your spelling. Mistakes make you look dumb. ABSLOUTELY no “txt” speak! 😉

Answer all qusetions politely and eloquently, and post relevant ones up on the listing

If it’s a good advert and a good frame, you’ll get a decent price for it.
    🙂

nukeproof
    Free Member

TBH the most obvious advice is the more effort you put in on pics and description the more you’ll get. Pic, pics and more pics of good quality…I know I’d bid high if I didn’t have to ‘guess’ at the condition. Be honest and upfront with description: leaving info out will always come back and bite so just get it right in the first place.

DezB
    Free Member

Host nice clear photos on Photobucket and display them in the auction.
    More photos create more interest and hosting them on Photobucket is free, whereas Ebay charge for each one (after the first).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I always stick to one font, and 3 basic colours for the wording, so it’s easy to read. Forget the Ebay backgrounds. Waste of money

This is one of mine, to give you an idea –

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280298390610

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

D’OH!

I’ve just noticed there was a spelling mistake in that advert.
    🙁

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

10 day auction starting on a thursday!! getting the maximum exposure on 2 weekends!!!

catnash
    Free Member

oneoneoneone, That’s the tip I want, most of these I didnt do when I sold my Heckler frame and it went for a song. Cheers Peter, will give me today then to getb it all sorted. It’s a Enduro SL frame, like most things having a small frame limits the amount of people it would fit.

TheSanityAssassin

PeterPoddy – Member
    D’OH!

I’ve just noticed there was a spelling mistake in that advert.

One? There’s at least 4. More if you include the one that’s wrong twice. 🙄

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Peter Poddy has sold his Yeti! I never thought I would see the day after reading so many thread postings of how they are the best full suu frame ever made. Did you buy another Yeti PP?

DezB
    Free Member

seth-enslow666 – Member
    Peter Poddy has sold his Yeti! I never thought I would see the day after reading so many thread postings of how they are the best full suu frame ever made. Did you buy another Yeti PP?

Where’ve you BEEN?

nukeproof
    Free Member

Did you buy another Yeti PP?

😯 Where have you been? Have you not heard of the joy of pitch…pro? 😉

DezB
    Free Member

BTW catnash, if you want the html code for hosting pics elsewhere email me.

waihiboy
    Free Member

i always go with no reserve and start it at 1p, never failed to sell anything under what i wanted. i feel reserve puts loads of people off straight away.

*some terrible people get their mates to bid aswell to get the ball rolling, i would never do such a thing mind!

keep the ad simple, put 2 pics up and take loads of others and if people want hi res ones tell them to contact you.

or put an external link to say a flickr page

the old classic aswell, end it on a sunday around 7/8pm when people are chilled out, kids to bed etc….

remember you can set it all up and put a time in when you want it to start.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

One? There’s at least 4. More if you include the one that’s wrong twice.

Sorry. I’m really crap sometimes
    😐
    There’s a lot of other words spelt correctly though!
    😉

Yeah, it was a great bike but I always seemed to have problems with the set-up. Eventually I put it down to the flexy carbon chainstays, I’m too heavy for them I reckon. My own fault. I never said it was the best FS ever made though, nice bike for sure, and I used it a LOT but in the end I decided to swap it for a Pitch Pro which was released just after I bought the Yeti. I kicked myself at the time because the Pitch was the bike I’d been looking for without knowing it
    🙂

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Where have I been, obviously not on singletrack 😆 I guess I could have had many an hour reading about Pitch Pro!

mieszko
    Free Member

And don’t make the auction end in the middle of the week at some silly late night hour. As most of people sleep at that time and I used to work night shift full time before uni I managed to get: nice Gore Windstopper fleece for £15, XT disc brakes with DC levers for £73 (2 years ago), Scott G-zero frame with Judy XC forks for £63 🙂

Clean looking advert is the best advice, simple design, no silly colours like in the Cannondale auction (to match the frame).

Reserve price puts off a bit, I would just start from a higher price if You don’t want to list it from 99p. When I use a buy it now price i also use pay instantly with PayPal as on 5 occasion someone clicked on BIN price and never bothered to pay (2 of them were Nigerian scams :-)).

A bit of luck is needed as well. Just need the right person to find Your ad and be ready to pay good money for what You are selling.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tips on selling frame on ebay.’ is closed to new replies.