Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • tinned salmon – disgusting!!
  • organic355
    Free Member

just thought i would have a healthy lunch, salmon salad, the John west stuff was reduced in tescos (not pat its sell by date reduced, just reduced).

nearly barfed, smell was disgusting and salmon was minging, bits of fat and bone, Bleurgh!! and I normally eat tinned tuna, sardines, mackeral etc.

wont be buying that again, and I am sure my work colleagues will be happy as the office now stinks!!

joao3v16
    Free Member

I like it. Just don’t expect it to be anything like actual salmon.

I used to have a colleague who regularly ate lunch at his desk, and regularly had smoked mackerel … lovely aromas around the office for the rest of te afternoon after that.

woody2000

Plenty of vinegar, bit of salt – lovely! You can eat the bones too, nom nom nom 😀

uwe-r
    Free Member

Agreed. Mingin!

I had the same reaction the one time I ever opened a can of the stuff. Couldn’t eat it. How can it be so far removed from any other form of edible Salmon?

AndyP
    Free Member

have you ever noticed how yer actual salmon is a bit pointy at both ends, yet all cans of salmon are the same size?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Can’t stomach it either. I like canned tuna though, I’d have chosed a can of that to go with salad. Or maybe some smoked salmon from the counter.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Bit of mayo, tabasco some chopped peppers – chuck it in a piece and it’s fine. What do you expect out a tin ffs…

Rubber_Buccaneer

mayo

Just as disgusting as the tinned salmon. I will only eat proper salad cream none of that eggy muck!

rewski
    Free Member

nom nom nom

I know it’s petty but I find it really irritating when people write this, that’s all.

CountZero

The smell is a bit iffy, it’s true, but then it’s fish…
    Just about to go and make my salmon sarnies for tomorrow; take the skin and bones out, sprinkle with black pepper, chili pepper and vinegar, mix up well, sorted.

chewkw
    Free Member

Tinned salmon okay-ish but not tasty (haven’t touched it for several years now).

Tinned mackerel might slightly better but still not tasty.

Tinned anchovy … nice-ish.

Tinned sardine … nice.

Norwegian marinated Herring … very nice.

Most smoked fish … very nice.

Tinned tuna … vile like eating rough soaked cardboard.

Taking bones and skin out of tinned fish … 😆

manitou
    Free Member

Uuurgh!all fish smells of wee! never touch the stuff

deepreddave
    Free Member

Tinned salmon’s nice… just twice the price it was!

RustySpanner

[HOVIS] Tinned salmon used to be a luxury when I was a kid- seriously.
    The whole family would gather, flat caps quivering in anticipation as our mam sliced deep into her thumb with t’can opener.
    Bit of pepper, mayo and served with fresh cucumber, lettuce and tomato on sliced bread, lovely.
    You hardly noticed the blood. [HOVIS]

Just had kiln roasted salmon fillets in cracked black pepper for breakfast with a splash of vinegar – lovely.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tinned salmon, splash of vinegar. Job done. 😀

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Uuurgh!all fish smells of wee! never touch the stuff<

You need to get out more – fresh fish smells of the sea…

jojoA1
    Free Member

I used to work on a fish farm near Fort William. The ugly deformed salmon (there were a lot…) and the ones that had had their heads and tails half eaten away by sea-lice, were sent for tinning. The handsome ones went for ‘actual fish shaped’ finished product processing.

Manky job with some gopping tasks involved, but nice being outside all the time.

soma_rich
    Free Member

What about a tinned chicken?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘tinned salmon – disgusting!!’ is closed to new replies.