Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Timeshare holidays!
  • bigad40
    Free Member

Hi.
    We enjoyed a family holiday in Portugal last year in a real nice self catered flat. It was well out of season and was really great value. Even went to watch some of the WRC rally.
    We didn’t get hounded by any timeshare sales cos obviously they were on holiday too.
    We looked at timeshare a couple of years ago, well I say looked, the long haired boss dragged me along to a “presentation” with a holiday thrown in for free.
    Many coffees later we almost signed on the dotted but we left without the perfect holiday!

Question,
    Do any of you have timeshare?
    How did you buy it?
    Is it any cheaper or more convenient than booking and paying for somewhere nice on the Internet?
    Do you mix it up and go somewhere different or go to the same place every time?
    Horror stories of course?!
    Should I avoid it altogether?
    Are there any bike friendly timesharers?

nosherduke996
    Free Member

I had one over twenty years ago. It is no cheaper than a normal holiday.
    Bad points……
    you can never swap where you want to go, even if you book 2 years in advance.
    You have to make you own travel arrangements from the airport when you get there.
    The maintenance fees always go up.
    Always pressurised into going to there meeting when on holiday.

Good points …… There arn,t any.
    And yes i have sold it.

druidh
    Free Member

I have one – I “inherited” it from a previous marriage.

It works out no cheaper than a normal holiday and is less flexible (though there are ways of swapping).

As an “investment”, it stinks. Do not believe you will ever get your money back. I’d gladly give it away if someone would take over the management fees for me.

On the plus side, it’s on the Costa Del Sol. Not the sort of destination I would normally choose, but excellent for a spring break. Plus – and this is an individual thing – it’s handy for one week just to be able to turn up and know where everything is, how to get there etc. You don’t waste the first couple of days finding your way around.

I should really go out and do some riding in the Sierra Nevada or something.

(By some strange co-incidence, it’s actually this week 🙂 )

Pembo
    Free Member

Had one for about 15 years now and got some very good use out of it. We bought in the US so its been reasonably easy to swap.

But there is so much private rental availability these days that I wouldn’t bother with Timeshare.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Timeshare holidays!’ is closed to new replies.