Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Time to dust the motorbike off ….
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

dibs i had a duke 690 and i changed out the front sprocket from a 17t to a 16t (or vice versa) and it took away the juddery feeling at slow speeds and made it into a perfect town bike. Light & nimble.

Ha ha, no thanks I’d rather keep it as it is, (brilliant on the open road) and just avoid going into town. 😀

oldgrump08
    Free Member

mogrim – you been riding behind me?!?

Joe

my sv has rotted with the salt this winter. Sigh.

anagallis_arvensis

bikes are for riding people not polishing

Hadge
    Free Member

Yeah time to dust it down 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Only one of mine is currently road legal but I’ve been thinking that it’s time to get it out of hibernation:

All the others need MOT’s and other bits and bobs done, but I’d like to get my XBR500 into use again as it’s great for summer evening runs down into the Scottish Borders.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Dust!!!
    I have had to shovel the mud off my CCM to find the lights to ride to work.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Out for a couple of hours yesterday swinging through the lanes. Deep joy 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

hadge – schweeeeeet! the noise from that thing makes the hairs on my neck stand on end

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve changed ny mind after seeing the road warriors emerge the last few mornings, can you all put your bikes back in the sheds please. Nearly had a head on with another bike this morning who looked far too desparate to catch one of the usual commuters.

RV
    Free Member

It’ll have to stay in the garage for a little longer as my two broken thumbs are still waiting to repair.

uberscott

Nice KTM! That’s the 990, right?

Yep, it’s the time for all the people who’ve not ridden over the winter to come back out again. I’ve no problem with that per se, but it’s the eejits that think they can immediately ride at the same level they were at last September, after 6/7 months of nothing. I’ve seen some appalling riding in the last week or so!

RV
    Free Member

yeah, it’s the 990.
    I commuted for years until this year and always found that even as a seasoned rider, I always struggled with adapting my riding angles with the changing seasons and conditions. Once, thumbs have healed i’ll be out for a wobble, though i did ride to the MCN bike show the other month so shouldn’t be too rusty.
    Really looking forward to see the power ranger leaving his right foot hanging too long while attempting to drag race everyone from the traffic lights…. always makes me laugh.

Trimix
    Free Member

lobby_dosser – Ive got the crash bars, cheers.

Ive been using the KTM to tour round France / Alps / Italian Lakes and Corsica for a few years. Will be doing some off roading in Corsica later this year on it.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Been out a couple of times for short rides this year, but only enough to blow the cobwebs out!

Soon as my broken toes heal up a little (so I can shift gear!) I may have to go for a proper ride!

sv

The salt has been washed off the roads and I’ve wheeled the old RGV250 out the garage a couple of times. Ring a ding ding

Nice bike and great sound.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Hadge – don’t like you because you have a Demso and i don’t 👿

Fazer 1000 MOT’d at 4 this afternoon (£23 to fill the tank, christ thats about £3 more than October)
    MT01 in for MOT tomorrow, might be a wee bit loud to pass though

WSB on Sunday 😀

the_lecht_rocks

i think the desmo is already looking “dated”…….

whereas the new generation Duke’s are looking incredibly progressive…… Diavel anyone yet ?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i went to see the diavel in ducati Glasgow and it looks a lot better in the flesh. Not my kind of bike though. I had a test ride on the multistrada and i wasn’t that impressed- it certainly wasn’t worth £8k more than I paid for my 990sm.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

What do you have trimix a SM or an Adventure?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i think it looks and sounds stunning. What do i know though, i bought a 749r (probably the most hated Ducati design in recent times)

juan
    Free Member

Engine still in bits

Well that is the only part on mine that is in one piece :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

5thElefant
    Free Member

i think the desmo is already looking “dated”…….

Looks like a 1992 NR750 to me.

the_lecht_rocks

5th – indeed, without the oval pistons 🙂

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I’ll be dusting the Tuono off for a good blast over in Mid-Wales on Sunday – forecast is looking great!! 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i can see where your coming from 5thelefant

ivantate
    Free Member

63miles this year on the Tiger.

Bought last autumn and have spent the winter doing a full service including camshims and getting the wheels powdercoated.

Will be adding mileage to it asap.

martinxyz
    Free Member

..and i hate aka gilo for having a tuono! Ive been eyeing the 2006/07 models for a while now.Still havent tried one,only sat on the 2006 model in the local shop.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Time to dust the motorbike off ….’ is closed to new replies.