Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Time to dust the motorbike off ….
  • failedengineer

…. and blow the tyres up. Not used the Sprint ST since Early November. I know, ‘not a proper biker’ ….

Trimix
    Free Member

I got my KTM 990 out on the weekend – I had forgotton how much fun too much power can be 🙂

br
    Free Member

I’ve commuted 4k on my Sprint GT since purchased at Christmas – bet your bikes are a bit cleaner…

But on a serious note, be careful – the last few warm days have seen more ‘summer’ bikers out, and they’ve obviously not yet blown the cobwebs’ off…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rocketman
    Free Member

As above. It feels really weird going along without pedalling and the saddle is too low but the brakes are quite good.

failedengineer

I’m going to have a spin this weekend. Just bought a new Shoei Qwest helmet (£260!) and I’m looking forward to trying it out (sad, or what!). I’m hoping it will be substantially quieter than my current Arai. Next purchase will have to be a back tyre, then oil and filter, then an MOT. I can’t really afford to run a bike, but I’m going to hang on to it as long as I can.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Time to dust the motorbike off take the front wheel off, remove the suspension, get the crack in the aluminium mounting bit welded, have it x-rayed (just not really confident about aluminium wwelding), get the bike MoT’ed, put the fork back on the bike, wheels back on, check it’s all ok and ride off into them thar hills

there FIFM – Fixed It For Me

LoCo
    Free Member

Engine still in bits 👿

br
    Free Member

I’m hoping it will be substantially quieter than my current Arai

You do use earplugs, don’t you?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Need to get the cooling lines sorted and the bike taxed.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Have been out for several local rides already after fitting new bars to replace clipons – now have heated grips too mmmm toasty. Bars have made a world of difference, so pleased I didn’t chop it in for a naked 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

vfr1200 is primed and raring to go,

had it out a couple of weekends ago,,, forgot about that creamy 1237cc whooooooosh 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

firestorm ready…
    bandit needs an MOT (which means digging out the ‘MOT silencer’)

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Perhaps an STW motorbike meet should be arranged! Quick coffee, turn around and wend your way home again…..

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve just took my roadbike off the turbo trainer,not been outside on it since October.
    Been using my old XT600 for falling off in the snow & sunday afternoon rides all winter,my “classic” FZ750 has been hibernating,think I might put it back on the road early April,thing is it’s gonna need a new battery,a couple of tyres,tax &mot before it goes anywhere…

rockhopperbike

Thought I’d clean mine (f800gs), put it on centre stand and something sounded odd, got the wheels in the air, and brill- both set of wheel bearings are knackerred, – out in Spain and my proper jobs tools are in Blighty, – may have a go anyway – thats riding off the menu for a couple of weeks……

always park on loose gravel- never noticed the wheels before 😳

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve just took my roadbike off the turbo trainer,not been outside on it since October.

😯

I wonder if the bandit will fit on my rollers?

LoCo
    Free Member

😆 it’ll end in tears loosing it at 120 and going through the wall of the shed

TheFlyingOx

Time to buy a battery seeing as the old one died during the long winter months. Never mind. MOT tomorrow, then oot and aboot whilst I still can.

Anyone fancy a very well looked after Drifter 1500?
    Looks like this:

bighendo
    Free Member

failedengineer, you need this…. really!!
    totally cured a slow leaking rim on the V-max 😀

Northwind

This is the first year I’ve not had to commute all through winter and it’s been great, people get a bit full-on about “fair weather bikers” but riding through snow and freezing fog is just grim, makes me forget what I like about motorbikes, so this year it’ll be nice to just ride for fun I reckon. Won’t put as many miles on but they should all be good miles.

tomaso
    Free Member

The salt has been washed off the roads and I’ve wheeled the old RGV250 out the garage a couple of times. Ring a ding ding.

Euphoria of spring was quickly dampened by the shock of filling her up with petrol £19+ for a tank full!!!! And at best I’ll squeeze 90 miles from a tank.

solarider
    Free Member

Welcome to the world of the living after your hibernation.

As an all year round biker (BMW R1200GS Adventure), I really don’t know what the fuss is about winter riding. Heated grips, a decent set of warm waterproofs and you feel quite cosy in yer helmet. Only off the bike for 3 days this year when the snow hit in early December. Despite the grim weather, I always look forward to the commute more than I used to in the car.

Nevertheless, I do sometimes look at my bike despite ACF50 and a religious washing routine throughout the winter and wish she was garaged for 6 months of the year. I love the smell of GT85 in the morning!

Tomaso – you want to fill a BMW Adventure tank. Nearly £50 now. Ouch!

BTW Ox – WTF is that?! Each to his own I guess.

Dickyboy

If I had a heated garage I might have got round to changing the cam belts & oil pump drive gear by now 🙄

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

DSC00188 by TRIPPITUCKER, on Flickr

Every day..love it!!!!

Be careful out there-lad died after a lorry interface at the bottom of my hill last Friday.

bassspine
    Free Member

It’s been squid city round here this week, over-cooking the straight lines, braking too early and fifty-pee-bitting the corners. Hilarious!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ive been out every other week on it. Wish i went out tonight just to run it a bit as its sat for about 10 days now.20th Feb 2011..

bike by 924185418699ff956e470b7b637e7bc5, on Flickr

the_lecht_rocks

problem with winter riding on diesel slung slippery roads is you wobble about and forget come spring, what grip actually means and you keep wobbling 😆

Kato

Went to give mine the once over last night.

…It wouldn’t start

…then I noticed it was weeing fork oil

I closed the garage door behind me

superfli
    Free Member

Trailie for winter commuting, gsxr for summer – I’ve been taking the gsxr for the last few days 🙂 The trailie is just as much fun in winter as summer, I just care less for it (its not worth much), I though t about cleaning it the other day…

TN
    Free Member

Found the battery on my VTR 1000 had died over winter so bought a new one but the alarm needs recoding. Not a problem until I realise the guy I bought it from (many years ago)didn’t give me the red tag with the code on, so need to get the alarm stripped and replaced before I’m going anywhere.
    Arse.

mogrim

Ah, bollocks, all the fair weather bikers will soon be back on the road – bloody nightmare for the first few weeks while they remember how to filter in traffic – don’t know how to squeeze past the cars, don’t bother looking behind, holding you up.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

mogrim – put a big sign over your head ‘move over, miserable git coming through’ 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

I popped into town on my KTM (Duke 690) yesterday, it really isn’t a bike for riding round town, the engine isn’t happy going slow and the Akrapovic is a bit on the LOUD side 😳

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

unfortunatley I’ve had too much to do this year and not had a chance. Beautiful day today but still can’t get out. 1st time i’ll get a chance will be April 🙁

ride safe guys.

bassspine
    Free Member

ride safe guys.

What he said. DFC

mogrim

mogrim – put a big sign over your head ‘move over, miserable git coming through’

😆

No point, the idiots are wobbling all over the place, concentrating hard on not falling off, and never look in their mirrors!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

dibs i had a duke 690 and i changed out the front sprocket from a 17t to a 16t (or vice versa) and it took away the juddery feeling at slow speeds and made it into a perfect town bike. Light & nimble.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Never stopped all winter plugging through mud and streams
    mind you i ride a gas gas trials bike so never on the road 😉

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

ps dibs i have a duke tank bag for sale on the UK KTM forum if you’re interested.

trimix I also have a pair of KTM crash sliders from my old 990sm for sale. Mint.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Oh yes, I may well be wobbling around in Weardale & Teesdale this weekend. +1 again for ageing Honda Firestorms – the discerning STW members bike of choice….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Time to dust the motorbike off ….’ is closed to new replies.