Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Time Atac pedal diagram
  • andyb748
    Free Member

Hello

Can anyone send me, or point me to a technical diagram for the Time Roc Atac pedal please. I feel sure it used to be on the Time website but cant seem to find it

Many thanks
    Andy
    andy@sedgley-it.co.uk

foxyrider
    Free Member

Andy – Just completed a service article on my Roc ATACs:

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/time-atac-pedal-overhaul.htm

z1ppy

Foxy’s guide is on the money for me, replaced the bearings in two sets of mine (FreerideZ’s) over the years but have never replaced the bushing (or felt the need/requirment to).

uplink
    Free Member

foxy – good guide as usual 🙂

one point though, the Alum ATACS need the 10x12x15 bush, they actually have a 16mm long one fitted as standard but they’re not readily available

foxyrider
    Free Member

one point though, the Alum ATACS need the 10x12x15 bush, they actually have a 16mm long one fitted as standard but they’re not readily available

I thought that Aliums wern’t classed as ATACs were they – that’s why I didn’t mention them (although I have a pair) – are they officially ATACs uplink?

Edit: yes they are ATACS – i’ll edit the article – cheers Uplink

DONE 🙂

Milt
    Free Member

Anything you can do if the upper spring in the diagram above goes completely loose, 2-3mm play in all directions.

z1ppy

My Freeride Z’s are years old, loads of play, loads of wear in the bars but until the spring snapped on one pedal (must be potentially 6-7 years old), they were fine to use…
    Might get some pics of it and my cleats I just replaced, there was nowt all left of em!
    (after thinking the bearings, then the cleat must be faulty it turned out to be the BB)

uplink
    Free Member

UKBikestore ‘appear’ to stock spares including springs etc.

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/productlist.aspx?dep=177&page=3

foxyrider
    Free Member

The spring axles are knocked in (splined on end with a threaded socket) – you would have to tap them out and replace the spring and then tap them back in to the body – never done it myself – mine were rattley on my XE’s (very old) and I did up the tension screw to max and this helped the rattle.

I think the trouble with the Rocs (as they are cheaper) is they are not designed to have the springs replaced? IIRC the std ATACs are?

Otherwise can you pack out the spring axle with a circlip of similar to take up the lateral play?

Junkyard
    Free Member

nice guide will keep that

GEDA
    Free Member

Where is the best place to get bearings?

z1ppy

your LBS….local bearing supplier, or an online supplier like http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/

edit: Doh.. Too slow!

GEDA
    Free Member

Thanks.

jimification
    Free Member

Very helpful, thank you!

foxyrider
    Free Member

yeah seems to be a std industrial bearing 🙂

Just use the codes: 696Z or 696ZZ

firdaus21
    Free Member

Hello,
    i’m looking Time Atac roc s pedal axle.
    can someone help me how and where to get this axle?
    Thank you.
    my email frdstwentyone@gmail.com

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Time Atac pedal diagram’ is closed to new replies.