what's happened to my reverb…?

Home Forum Bike Forum what's happened to my reverb…?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • what's happened to my reverb…?
  • theendisnigh

I think mine does that a bit, but perhaps not quite to the extent that you describe. Does it matter?

passtherizla

I think it’s annoying.

crocodilian

I think it’s supposed to do that, my Joplin certainly did.

Premier Icon FieldMarshall
    Subscriber

Mine does it, so does my friends.

I think it allows the post to be pulled up in event of failure.

v10

100% Normal.

passtherizla

I’m about 99% sure that it didn’t do it last weekend, I move it about by the back of the saddle quite regularly…

passtherizla

v10 – Member
    100% Normal.

really… ha ha… 😳

how hav I not noticed it before…!?!? ❓ ❗ 😕 🙄

v10

It actually depends on the post position as to how sensitive it is. If the post is fully compressed then it probably wont move at all (unless your bike is very heavy!). If your post is only compressed an inch or so a small bit of pressure on the underside of the saddle will be enough for it to move up. Chances are you’ve only moved your bike with the saddle with it fully (or near fully) compressed or at full extension in which case you wont have noticed it.

passtherizla

Just been and checked… it is doing it from fully compressed.

bike is 13kGs

Jeffus

Mine does it aswell not really a problem

passtherizla

Hi…

Some lad had crashed on the werewolf drop at cannock today, I got off and walked down the section. When doing so, my reverb was at about half mast I grabbed the back of my saddle and noticed that it bounced up to full extension, and then shot back to where it was before when I let go.

I’m sure it didn’t do this before…?

I got home, cleaned and bled the post and remote, let all the air out and pumped it all the way up to 250PSI and its just the same.

It’s been looked after, just a case of sending it back?

Premier Icon stevomcd
    Subscriber

Yup, mine does that too.

Premier Icon nicholas_yiu
    Subscriber

Mine’s also the same, been doing it since day one. Would be nice if it’s not like that though.

ska-49

Mines done it from new.

passtherizla

ah ok thanks guys… seems like I just didn’t notice it, oh well it’s working lovely after a full bleed, although I have to change the little hoses on the bleed kit that came with my reverb after the seal has gone and the syringes are sucking in air.

dizcostix

mine doesn’t do it. I can lift my heavy nomad up by the saddle with the post fully compressed with no movement – i thought that was a selling point of the reverb over others??

passtherizla

what happens if the post is neither up or down?

I’ll email loco.

I_Ache

Your not very good with these posts are you Andy.

I think you should just give it to me and you can have my normal post.

passtherizla

I’m simply just too gnarly… what tyres for knackering dropper posts?

hows the recovery going?

It’s not really an issue as it doesn’t compress more when its sat on so doesn’t effect it as such, just pretty sure it used to ‘lock’ at half mast (ooh err).

I_Ache

Recovering is boring, I cant do anything for myself. I can stand in a couple of weeks so looking forward to that.

Have you fixed your phone yet?

I am planning on starting the proper riding next year with a Welsh trip in Jan. That will probably be my first proper ride after the op.

passtherizla

not fixed it but have bodged a sim card carrier and have an old phone working.

Just had a play with it and it does now compress a little when weight is put ion the saddle.

DrP

Mine does it too – doesn’t bother me.
    It seems to be creating a negative pressure when I lift the saddle up, as it ‘sucks’ back down again.
    Essentially, it does what it’s meant to – stays up when I want, stays down when I want.

DrP

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

I have a KS Lev; it doesn’t do that at all. When not riding the bike, I can use the saddle to lift the rear wheel or whatever. The saddle remains at the same height and doesn’t move at all. Unless I push the remote lever…

I think that it would drive me crazy if the saddle moved when I went to move the bike around.

passtherizla

I need to go to a bike shop with one on a bike and give it a tug.

I’m so sure it didn’t used to do it and was locked in whatever position it had been left.

trambler

Mine does it, so does my friends. No issue to me & never really thought about it.

I_Ache

Don’t stress about it. Every reverb I have seen used like that has moved in the way yours does, I think I have even read a review that says this happens. The ks ones are a different design and don’t do it.

If your still worried in the morning give fishers a call.

passtherizla

not stressing dude, can’t believe never noticed it i all…

Just to say (for balance) mine never does this and I lift the bike by the saddle all the time. I read in the manual you can pull the post up in an emergency if for example you damage it. The op seems to be saying it drops down again when you let go- there’s not much point lifting it up if it’s just going to return to where it was so it seems to me this is different to that ‘mode’

passtherizla

yeah thats right… for example, if the post is at half extension I can easily pull it to the top of its travel and when I let go it just returns on its own.

passtherizla

Just had the official word…. It is not supposed to move anywhere through its travel.

I_Ache

Oh dear. Your not having much luck with breaking bikes this year are you.

dirtbiker100

Mine always does it.
    It doesn’t when i pull up on the back of the saddle because the forces are pushing the saddle forward and up. If i grab the middle or front it pulls up as i lift the bike.
    Not sure i can see what the problem is with it doing it?

julians

mine always does it, and has done from new. Just lifting the bike by the saddle is not enough weight to do it, but if you pull the saddle up and hold the bike, the saddle will move up and then ‘spring’ back down when you let go.

Seemed normal to me, not concerned about it all.

passtherizla

I’m just glad I’m not going mental… It was confirmed its not supposed to do it and as such is broken and will be getting sent back… Never know might get a new one out of it or at least it’ll get rebuilt and serviced for the price of postage.

Andy.. I want something burlier next time… these fox 32’s are made from liquorice.

Who confirmed it?

Mine does – all the ones I have seen do – and looking at the design, it seems to be a function of the hydraulic circuit so I suspect your new one will do it too.

passtherizla

The supplier confirmed it.

the post shouldn’t have any movement and should be able to be set at any point in it’s travel and not move, sounds like it needs a bleed or a seal has gone

Is what the person in question said…

Premier Icon Matt24k
    Subscriber

I think the supplier is assuming that the post is going down and not remaining at its set point. What you are saying is that it goes up when you lift the bike by the saddle and then returns to the set point when released. Three of us have Reverbs and they all to the same and have done from new.
    It is a dropper post and it drops and rises to the set point whilst riding. What difference does it make if you can extend it by picking the bike up with the saddle?

passtherizla

i think you’re right Matt24K he’s just mailed me. saying there may have been some confusion.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘what's happened to my reverb…?’ is closed to new replies.