• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poly.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ticketmaster issue
  • shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

My wife ordered gig tickets for family via ticketmaster the other night and paid via mastercard. After payment she received an email confirming the booking from ticketmaster but then another stating did she still want to buy the tickets as they had to release them because they were in her basket too long. Keen to get the tickets and fearing the original payment had not gone through she re-ordered them.

Today two sets of tickets arrived. She contacted ticketmaster to advise she only bought the tickets again after being advised by them that the tickets had been released. They said they would look into it but have been in touch to say that they can’t offer a refund as this is contrary to their policy and that they did not feel the scenario described enabled them to make an exception.

She will of course phone them again tomorrow to rant but prior to this I wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar from them? And should they refuse to budge, any advice on a plan of attack? Social media?

scaredypants

obtaining money by deception ?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ll get her to quote that tomorrow 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

What gig? Might be worth hanging on to them if it’s a possible sell out? Don’t fanny about with the first person who answers either, ask to be put through to someone with a bit of clout.

TheSanityAssassin

Do distance selling regs apply? Fortnight to return?

takisawa2

What gig is it ?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s for an artist her parents and sister like – Teddy Thompson – who’s playing in Glasgow in January. Tickets were £60 for 3 so she’s been charged £120 for 6, in effect.

Wrightyson – yeah, I’m sure she will. The person she spoke to today gave the impression it would be sorted out, hence our surprise when she received the email tonight.

poly
    Free Member

Distance sell regs don’t apply to bookings for leisure events at a specific time and place.

I suspect what has happened is she has them in a basket and didn’t complete the sale in time hence triggering that email and then has put them in a basket and checked out (perhaps on a different device or perhaps after finding they were gone).

If it was a credit card I think I’d be inclined to tell the card issuer to sort it. telling ticketmaster this is your intention may help get their attention, which is the easiest resolution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ticketmaster issue’ is closed to new replies.