Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ti Road bike recommendations
  • Drapoon
    Free Member

Thinking of treating myself to a ti road frame this year as it’s my 30th. Any recommendations?

I currently ride a Specialized Allez which I love but is getting very tired so looking at making this a winter commuter and treating myself to a fair weather best bike in the form of ti with the intention of keeping it for a good few years. Would like a nice sloping top tube and sporty geometry along with classic tubing (no big or edged tubes)

That’s the criteria fire away with your suggestions folks 😉

Ps. I’m currently looking at Merlins….

FLV
    Free Member

Sabbath.

Id reccomend the bright brush upgrade too, my silk road alp looks ace.

I also like the laser engraved graphics.

Very nice bikes

london_lady
    Free Member

It depends upon your budget really. Merlins do make good bikes but I’m not sure about the availability of them at the moment following the buyout of Merlin from ABG by Competitve Cyclist.
    I would have liked the De Rosa Titanio but couldn’t justify the price so opted for the Van Nicholas Euros and love it. It rides really smoothly and is a zippy responsive light bike.
    Other brands I considered or looked at were Sabbath, Litespeed, Lynsky (didn’t like the tubing), Enigma and Quoroz (not so good in the flesh). The VN came top for me on price and sizing because for my size frame some of the others would have had to have been custom builds.

rexated
    Free Member

i’ve a merlin cr works for sale if you’re interested…but as a full bike (durace, full carbon fork etc). i can email you photo’s, sizing, and a price…(i think it’s a 54cm – i’m 5’10” for reference).

merlins are lovely bikes. i’ve heard good things about sabbath too. depending on budget have you looked at seven and independent fabrication?

ti’s right!

wwaswas

Enigma?

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Spin Cycles…cheap on ebay

Rod

I have a Lynskey Cooper (medium/long size) that I might have for sale soon… fantastic frame but I can’t justify 2 road bikes (and the other one is a Storck which is also very lovely so it’s a tough choice).

Drop me a mail if you want to know more!

Drapoon
    Free Member

Thanks for the input fellas, I’ll take a look at some of those brands

I’m 6 ft 1″ so looking for the equivleant of a 58cm spesh which is my current ride. Hmm not heard of sabbath before will take a look.

Email in profile if anybody thinks they have something which fits the bill 😉

rewski
    Free Member

Enigma – handmade gorgeousness from sussex

TiRed

I have a Merlin Cyrene. It brings a smile to my face every time I ride it. Classic geometry, so doesn’t quite fit your sloping top tube criteria, but beautifully made. Frames are sometimes on offer. You could also look at Moots, Litespeed, Van Nichols, but my UK choice would be Enigma.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ti Road bike recommendations’ is closed to new replies.