Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Thunder, lightning and hailstones in Edinburgh
  • Kit
    Free Member

I see summer has arrived! 8)

neallyman
    Free Member

Yep, it’s epic right now!

binners

Blazing sunshine and roasting temperatures here

Oops! sorry! Got a bit confused there. That was 1976. Lashing down here too 🙁

epicsteve
    Free Member

My daughter is at T-in the Park and won’t be happy!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I was caught out in it at lunch. How dark is it now? *waits for next lot of thunder* 😯

epicsteve
    Free Member

The folks in my office think I’m mental ’cause I headed out on the motorbike into it. I told them I wanted to test if my waterproofs still worked…

Kit
    Free Member

I work in an attic, it’s pretty loud on the velux windows!

RustyMac

Glorious sunshine in Aberdeen now, no really it is.

cynic-al
    Free Member

*does not fancy planned road ride to Carnwrath or Inners in that*

hels
    Free Member

I spoke to a friend earlier who said is sunny on Peebles, but he may have been lying.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Not a good day to be a gardener. Don’t think I’ll be wearing these pants again.

Hohum
    Free Member

Indeed, it’s quite an impressive storm for Edinburgh 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ll be wearing these pants again

Shit yourself when the thunder started? 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe it’s a good day to be an office worker…

crazy-legs

I got caught out in a monumental hailstorm yesterday over near Halifax. Fortunately driving but I had to stop the car, couldn’t see out the windscreen even with the wipers on full speed! 😯

Temperature dropped by about 10 degrees, pitch dark, thunder and it turned the road into a river within seconds.

Loved it!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not raining in Leith!

(ruddy black sky tho)

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Just finished a hail-stone storm in Cannock….

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Flooding in the spur car park so bad that it looks like water is flowing through the side of a car 😯

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Blackford hill is white and the pond is now in the road. may be exaggerating slightly.

dogbert
    Free Member

excellent now I can get the whole T-in the Park experience without leaving the house. I’ll pitch up a tent in the back garden, turn the TV on to show some music I really don’t want to hear, I’ll burn £150, I’ll pay my wife a tenner for a roll on uncooked sausage then get her to throw a bottle of piss at the back of my head

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just as well TJ, given the state of your roof!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Apprently it’s ok over at T in the Park.

Kevevs
    Free Member

raining on and off here in Northern Walestershirshire. Pretty gloomy. It’s my bloody day off, tempted to just go and get wet…

marsdenman
    Free Member

Thunder, lightning and hailstones in Edinburgh

Ah, so that’s where it went – had the same here in west yorks yesterday teatime (or, if Cpt Flashheart is reading) diner time 🙂
    First time Ted the Terrier had witnessed real thunder – he was not too happy, not ‘barky’ but ducked and covered under the dining room table 🙂 – odd really as he had no issue at all with fireworks last year..

pixelmix
    Free Member

Could be a tad damp for the ride home.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Balcarres St 😮

flood by alan cole, on Flickr

stanfree
    Free Member

Still nice and dry here (8 miles away) In East Lothian. I went into Porty to pick up my sons BMX at lunchtime and the place was cold and soaking. Weird shit Eh?, I blame Rupert Murdoch and News International.

ChrisL

Balcarres St

Good job I cycled to work today, as that’s on my car commute but not my cycle commute. 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve got a flat on Balcarres Street (in Craighouse Gardens). Glad I bought a 2nd floor one now!

bigjim

is that balcarres street now? really? the car is down that way…

cynic-al
    Free Member

So I’m told bigjim but I did not take the pic nor see it.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Crikey – that looks a bit expensive. My bike is currently outside at sub-basement level behind our New Town office. Hope it hasn’t floated away. 😯

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

My garden is a bit flooded. Biblical rain is the only way to describe it.

althepal

Sunny here in Glasgow, what’s that all about!
    Went to Napier, used to drink in the waiting room, can’t believe how bad balcarres St looks!!

mustard
    Free Member
    epicsteve
    Free Member

Hmm – Bavelaw Road is mentioned in that STV report. Think I better head home and hope my house isn’t now sporting an internal swimming pool.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Well thankfully the STW report was talking pish as far as Bavelaw Road was concerned. Ah well, given I’m hope early think I’ll just have to get a Peroni opened and get the TDF on the telly.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sounds like a near perfect day to try and do 31 laps of Arthur’s Seat…

Drac

Lovely day again, one mornings rain in the last 2 weeks. Another reason to live in England.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Lovely day again, one mornings rain in the last 2 weeks. Another reason to live in England.

Tomorrow it’ll be dry here, but you’ll still be in England…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Thunder, lightning and hailstones in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.