Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • throwing snowballs….
  • HTTP404
    Free Member

They’d been snow balling cars and passers-by before I walked-by.
    I got one in the back of the head courtesy of a little scrote.
    Not really a big deal, but they were being cheeky feckers.
    I turned around and confronted the bunch of kids, one of them ran. I chased him down and threw him into the snow.

Justice? or was I a little heavy-handed?
    🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sweet cold justice dealt beautifully!! Imo 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Justice. Perfectly reasonable so long as all you did was humiliate him / get him soggy with the snow.

Hurting or injuring him would have been wrong

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Back under yer bridge you

petrieboy

no. this is heavy handed!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgQKJuriIo[/video]

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I allowed myself to get carried away when my car had clods of ice thrown at it and attempted to spray the scrotes with slushy roost. Your approach sounds a little heavy handed but I have no real issue with it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Assault?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I agree with al. They assaulted you and you were right to defend yourself.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

so long as you did’nt force him to eat yellow snow after rugby tackling him to the ground that is perfectly acceptable imho.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not self defence – the OPs actions occurred after the assault from the lad and is therefore an assault in its own right – perhpas with mitigation

However morally I see no harm in a bit of do as you would be done by. I have thrown a scare into kids on a couple of similar occasions. Just a scare will do – its nice to see them suddenly go from cocky to scared.

HTTP404
    Free Member

….. I walked away and was met with more snow balls.
    Turned around and the little tool was ready with another snow ball.
    I packed a snow ball, walked back, rammed a snow ball in the face of his mate, pushed and grabbed him by the collar and told him in no uncertain terms to drop the snow ball.

And that’s pretty much it.

I walked away to the sound of verbal abuse. All this from a bunch of teeny boppers.

Kids these days eh?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Problem is these days little feckers will stick you with a knife over such incidents!

Kevevs
    Free Member

some youth hits you with a snowball and it’s assault? get a grip!!
    I’d love to see that though HTTP, freeze! drop the snowball muthafunker!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

seriously? Even as a kid that would have been out of order.

If my kid threw a snowball at someone and that someone threw him to the ground, I’d be having a word with plod. Equally if my kid was the one who threw some smaller kid to the ground, i’d be having words with him.

Just ‘cos you’re too unco-ordinated to hit him with a snowball you resort to attacking him.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

In the “rules of snowball fighting”, it is fair game to throw snow at folk, and the thrower should expect some retaliation, including a “snowman”, ie to be dragged to the ground ideally in a drift, and have some snow stuffed down your neck. It was great fun and largely harmless. Iceballs and rock cores were bang out of order though.

HTTP404
    Free Member

My children would never throw a snow ball at a stranger in the first place.

And I’m actually very good at snow balling 🙂

GrahamS

From today’s Grauniad:

police in Nottingham urged the public not to make emergency calls about snowballing after control room switchboards received 120 calls complaining about snowball throwing in a 24-hour period.

Apparently heavy handed is dialling 999 because someone threw a snowball at you. 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP I’d say it is assualt, over the top, and no mitigation at all.

You need to chill out. A few well aimed snowballs would have made the point.

fergusd

@CharlieMungus : your ned child assaults me and I’ll have the little runt for assault . . . you need to get your genetically flawed progeny under control rather than defending their antisocial behaviour . . . or are you just another one of the scum nation we seem to be desending into ?

maxsatnav
    Free Member

i know wwhat your thinking did he throw 6 snowballs or only 5 and as mine is the biggest snowball in the street and at this range will probably knock your baseball cap clean off you got ask your self the question do i feel lucky…… well do ya scrote

monkeychild
    Free Member

And I’m actually very good at snow balling

Does anyone else see the wrongness in that quote???

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

And I’m actually very good at snow balling

So why didn’t you just throw a snowball at him? Instead of going all Israel on him?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

@CharlieMungus : your ned child assaults me and I’ll have the little runt for assault . . . you need to get your genetically flawed progeny under control rather than defending their antisocial behaviour . . . or are you just another one of the scum nation we seem to be desending into ?

Assault? Do you mean report it to the police or tell the teacher?

Besides, . Where do you get off calling my child a runt?

HTTP404
    Free Member

CM – maybe I was OTT, maybe I did lose it and maybe I need a bit of more restraint and *anger management*, and maybe there is some regret on my behalf.
    These kids had pelted all and sundry including an old guy walking in the opposite direction. These kids aren’t doing it because they’re looking for new play friends.

It’s the total lack of respect.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Throwing a snowball is assualt.

CharlieMungus – you go to the plod because someone throws a scare into your kid? when your kid is assaulting strangers in the street? your kid would be in big trouble as well and if you were a responsible parent you would not want your kid assaulting strangers.

I cannot believe you people think a kid should be free to assault strangers with no comeback – throwing snowballs at a stranger is assault clear and simple.

2 similar situations I have been involved in.

1) riding a motorbike along the road one of a bunch of kids kicks a football at me and hits me.

I u turn the bike, go over to the laughing swaggering kids, grab the one who kicked the ball by the front of the shirt and shout at until he looks scared. Push him off the wall onto his back. The other kids laugh at him. No harm done to him but just maybe he will think twice about doing this again. around 16 yrs old

2) kids threw a water bomb at me and fled on their bikes – I was on mine. I chased them shouting at them until they fled in fear – they were not laughing they suddenly thought that they might get their heads kicked in. Again once I saw they had a scare then I left them alone.

It is unacceptable for kids to think they can assault people and not face any consequences. I don’t condone hurting or harming the kid but scaring them – fair game.

tazzymtb

I’d have gone back and scared the little darling so much he’d a pissed himself. Physical retaliation is fun but threatening to follow him home and torture his parents to death and the torch the house is much more satisfying. 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Throwing snowballs is assault? Well, they needed the riot squad at the primary school then, all the kids were assaulting each other.

But maybe I’m missing the point, perhaps one of you could explain to me why throwing a snowball at someone is assault. I’m happy to change my mind and make sure my kids don’t ever throw snowballs at anyone again.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

– you go to the plod because someone throws a scare into your kid

No, I go to the plod when someone physically throws my kid to the ground.

your kid would be in big trouble as well

Seriously? You think a kid would be in ‘big trouble’ for throwing a snowball at someone? Really?

Now my turn…

You let someone assault you without going to the plod?

tazzymtb

I’m happy to change my mind and make sure my kids don’t ever throw snowballs at anyone again.

it’s alright CM you’ll know if they do as I’ll be knocking at your door with some bolt croppers and a can of petrol 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hah! Bolt cutters don’t use petrol! they need electric.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Charlie – at the school its with consent – its a game – to strangers out on the street it is not.

If you cannot understand why kids throwing snowballs at strangers o the street is wrong then how about if they throw stones? Is that wrong?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

and now tazzy is assaulting me

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

a stone can actually hurt someone (not just their ego)
    Can you see kids playing a game, with consent in school where they throw stones at each other?

tazzymtb

yep but your kids threw a theoretical snowball first I was just offering a gardening service to prune some shrubs and mow the lawn with a petrol mower 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A snowball can hurt – but that is not the point – it is an assault. No kid should be throwing snowballs at strangers on the street.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

it is an assault

Why?

tazzymtb

CM- you stooopid

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

no, you stooopid

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

read your definition you [posted.

Common assault can be as little as touching someone without their consent. Throwing a snowball at someone clearly is an assault. It could result in real harm as well.

I cannot believe you think it would be acceptable for your kid to throw snowballs at strangers.

tazzymtb

no, you stoopid, 100 times no returns……..so there!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘throwing snowballs….’ is closed to new replies.