Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Three Internet Charges on Mobile
  • Rich
    Free Member

I browsed Singletrack for about 15 minutes on my phone, and got a message saying I owed over £20 in data charges!

HTF can it cost that much, how many mbs can I have downloaded in 15 minutes?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Where you using 3’s network coverage??

If not, welcome to the world of “roaming charges”..

glenh
    Free Member

If you don’t have any data plan (which it sounds like you don’t) then data charges can be rather high. ie. £1+ per MB.

A decent company like T-mobile will give you unlimited data for £5 a month. Not sure about 3.

(btw, UK networks are currently able to support up to nearly 1MB per second download, so you could in theory use quite a lot in 15mins).

cp

PAYG data rates are very high if you dont sign up to them at a previous date. It’s in all the bumf for phone contracts. I’m surprised how many ‘data capable’ phones are sold on non-data inclusive tariffs – it’s easy to burn money! though that’s what they want people to do…

cp

by PAYG i mean relating to data specifically, not the sim card you have. i.e. you may have a contract that doesn’t have data included, and are therefore charged at standard rates.

cp

… AND there’s quite a bit of data on STW pages, especially if the thread contains images.

luke
    Free Member

£5 for unlimited surfing with three.

Rich
    Free Member

Bugger, 3 charge £2 per mb.

What a waste of money. 😥

It says on their website that 10mb is roughly 1000 mobile web pages, but I suppose that is pages optimised for mobiles and not full of big images.

zaskar
    Free Member

What Luke said-go to your account on mobie and get the add on!

8)

Rich
    Free Member

yeah deffo but it was only a one off and i thought it would be way lower than £5 so didnt bother.

I wont make that mistake again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Three Internet Charges on Mobile’ is closed to new replies.