Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Those mudguards that sit under the fork……
  • jonke
    Free Member

…..Like the Neoguard Evil Eyes. Do they work? Better or worse than a fast fender?

honourablegeorge

I have the Rapid Racer on two bike. They genuinely do work, they hugely cut down spray into your face on fast, wet stuff. I thought they were a daft gimmick at first, but I’m convinced.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

but hold scrud next to fork seals

weeksy

I like the Neo.. However mine is WAY too big for the 29er forks… 🙁

need to look into a smaller one actually.

mintimperial

I’ve got RRP ones on both my bikes. They’re brill, really cut down on the amount of crud that gets thrown up in your face. Only problem is that they direct the gunk down onto your fork seals. Doesn’t seem to have killed my forks yet though.

failedengineer

I’m not convinced really. I’ve had one fitted for a few wet rides and haven’t noticed much, if any, difference. And I agree that they seem to direct crap at the fork seals.

avdave2

Bender fender does a similar job but helps to protect your seals. I use one on my hardtail and it works well. I use a home made Neoguard style one on the rigid bike as there are no seals to worry about.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

They work a treat (Neo), I wouldn’t be without one!

weeksy

Didn’t like the bender fender at ALL… i’ve still got one in boot of car unfitted… i may try it again.

Taz

I forgot to refit mine for the Real Ale Wobble. My 2 mates had theirs
    on. At the end there was no doubt which of us had not used one

They do work very well especially if riding faster

titusrider
    Free Member

+1
    very good at keeping your eyes free of much which is the only important bit right?

ps the longer travel you bike, the bigger that gap is, the more noticable effect it has

cardo

Have used both RRP and the Bender fender….. Both work really well, but the Bender fender is great at keeping cr@p out of the fork seals.

ahwiles
    Free Member

the neoprene ones work but something like a benderfender/muckynutz is better/nicer/less flappy.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Bender fenders are awesome.

Don’t get a scary buzz on big compressions, doesn’t dump contents onto wiper seals, looks better and most importantly less spray.

Neoguards/innertube bodge are pretty rubbish IMO.

clubby

Another +1 for Bender Fenders.
    Although now need to find something to work with a Lefty 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You can make a Bender Fender style thingy with a cut-up plastic milk bottle (2 litre one is best).

Free, but works just as well. 😀

robgarrioch

Another thumbs-up for the ’bender fender’ – unobtrusive (esp. in black) and good for the seals.

float
    Free Member

You can make a Bender Fender style thingy with a cut-up plastic milk bottle (2 litre one is best)

this is my wet weather project. i was going to use a pepsi bottle though

BoardinBob

Neoprene one annoyed me because it kept catching between the tyre and the fork brace when the suspension compressed. Just bought a Fender Mucky Nutz which looks much better

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Sorry but what colour for white forks? black or white?

Pics would be good as well…. 😉

5lab

just use an innertube between crown and the wheel, like every dher did before the rrp jobbies came out. Works a treat

FOG

Got a neo on one bike and a mucky nutz on the other, and yes they do work, not as well as a fuller M/guard but definitely keep crap out of your eyes. I really noticed today as I had taken the Nutz off for fettling and forgot to put it back resulting in dalmatian face after today’s ride.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve used both (Neoguard and Fender Bender) and think the Neoguard works better for keeping mud out of my eyes. No more crap on the seals than if I wasn’t using one.

GRAEMEJONES

I ued to have Neo-guards on all my bikes, then tried a Mucky-nutz, and found them to be far more effective. Very little crap around your fork seals, no tyre buzz, just fit and forget.
    HTH. 😉

Northwind

Big fan of the Bender Fender here, the only time I don’t have one fitted to a bike is when it has a bigger guard on. RRP/beefcurtain guard is roughly as effective but much, much uglier, and does seem to gather up mud more. Plus on longer forks makes some pretty alarming noises when it drops into the tyre.

kaiser
    Free Member

have praised the bender fenders for a couple of years now but recently found one problem ..this being if you ride in sticky mud they’ll completely clog up and stop the wheel going round . couldn’t even push the bike the other day until I’d removed it!

hilton83
    Free Member

Wow i looked into the bender fender and tought it looked crap! But since ya’ll rate it so highly i’m going to get one ordered for this weekend!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Those mudguards that sit under the fork……’ is closed to new replies.