Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Thomson Whore……..;o)
  • pinches
    Free Member

well the distributors go a funny way about that, it's not listed in Jim Walkers catalogue at all – 50/70/90/100/110 etc

kiwijohn

I rebuilt my DBR with a silver Thomson stem & post, mainly for looks & the fact they make a 27.0mm post.

carlosg
    Free Member

I've had a Thomson stem on at least 1 of my bikes for years , they certainly aren't bombproof though ,I cracked the faceplate on my elite stem and it wasn't through uneven/over tightening either. Luckily you can buy replacements.

druidh
    Free Member

Who has one then?

ton

if you have them in the shop, i will have one.
    and philidelphia lite….with chives……. 😉

Terry
    Free Member

Thomson you say..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a thompson stem bought second hand for peanuts – really dislike the clamping arrangement – designed to be overtightened and seize. Seatpost – again bought cheap secondhand – its a seatpost with the usually fiddly arrangement for clamping the seat – but every post I have is a fiddle.

Bought secondhand cheap the seatposts are good, I wouldn't pay full whack for them

Houns

Druidh i'll have 3 when they're available

westkipper
    Free Member

TJ, that'll be the Elite series with the internal wedge, I take it?
    I'd agree that those aren't great, and none too light either.
    I really like the X2 though, low stack height,-10 degree option, fairly carbon friendly (especially the Hbar clamp) and nice durable finish- if only they'd mill off some of the excess sharp bits in front of the steerer clamp it'd be perfect

druidh
    Free Member

Ton – Houns… not one of our "brands" I'm afraid.

I'm not always pimping the shoppe you know!

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Thomson? Yeah. Stem on my supercheap alu hard tail, it's nice to look at 😀

ton
    druidh
    Free Member

Don't forget these while you're at it..

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

£20 for a non-qr seatclamp? you kidding. I admit it really is beautiful but still. I'll buy one when i get a bike with a gravity dropper.

stoney
    Free Member

Me too Ton….

😛

_tom_
    Free Member

Nope, I'd buy a seatpost if I could find a 26.8mm one going for cheap enough though. I'm always worried my alu NC17 is gonna snap/bend on me, even though it seems pretty strong.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Thomson Whore……..;o)’ is closed to new replies.