Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Thomson "Marmite" Layback Bender post – – Love or Hate?
  • zangolin
    Free Member

Love my Dali post

fontmoss
    Free Member

hateish but actually quite like now i have one

id love an eriksen though

doof_doof
    Free Member

Used to like them, but now I have a frame that fits properly.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

bought one but never loved it. Now use a EC70 which I do have positive feelings for.

jfeb
    Free Member

Ugly but functional. Used to have one. Happy to have an inline one now 🙂

Love mine and it's got bugger all to do with an ill fitting frame – I could achieve exactly the same saddle position with a normal layback clamp, or an in-line post.

It's looks suit my Enduro SL perfectly, it doesn't scratch, and is a quality piece of kit.

Oh, and Marmite rocks.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

love it. as said, nout about an ill fitting frame. just work nice and looks good.

zangolin
    Free Member

Love mine and it's got bugger all to do with an ill fitting frame

Exactly TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – at least someone else understands the concept of a layback post! i.e. any non-inline post does the same thing but with a straight shaft.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I like it sometimes, I hate it sometimes. Just like Marmite.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I had one on my bike for ages, but got fed-up not being able to slam the seatpost for DH days. Swapped it for a straight one and just moved the saddle all the way back on the rails.

higgo
    Free Member

Like Marmite.
    Don't like the bent Thomson posts.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

seeing as 99% of frames are designed arround a layback post, id say anyone with a normal thompson post is on the wrong size……………

kiwijohn

Looks less stupid than a normal layback seatpost (FSA etc)

zokes
    Free Member

it doesn't scratch,

My cotic as decimated my thomson 🙁

GW
    Free Member

FUGLY!

johnners
    Free Member

I think it sets an already handsome bike off beautifully.

I think it sets an already handsome bike off beautifully.

🙂

johnners
    Free Member

seeing as 99% of frames are designed arround a layback post

You've just totally[/b] made that up!

twohats
    Free Member

Good bit of kit, got one on my road bike, I'm hoping it upsets a roadie or two.

trail_rat
    Free Member

look at 95% of complete bike builds johnners ….they have layback posts – straight shafts with a layback head on ….coincidently its generally 25mm of layback ala thomson …. thomson just execute there layback in a nicer mannor imho

MrK
    Free Member

i'm not convinced from a design point of view that a 'regular' layback post is that good, cos all the weight goes on the clamp which has to be offset behind the post. much rather the clamp was inline with the post and the post was bent…

johnners
    Free Member

99%, 95% – anyone else got a number seemingly plucked from thin air?

neil853
    Free Member

its a horrible seatpost, whether frames are meant to have layback or not they shouldn't have to look like that 😆

higgo
    Free Member

99%, 95% – anyone else got a number seemingly plucked from thin air?

Pi?
    (It's what makes wheels work)

nuke

Up walking at Leith Hill a while back and some guy had a fairly new bling Stumpjumper FSR with a Thomson layback but the wrong way around…well, if it works for him then fine but it did look odd and it looks pretty odd the normal way around.

pjt201
    Free Member

nuke – Member

Up walking at Leith Hill a while back and some guy had a fairly new bling Stumpjumper FSR with a Thomson layback but the wrong way around.
    iirc thomson recommend you mount them backwards in certain situations (well, only one – turning a regular road bike into a tt/tri bike)

twohats
    Free Member

Not mine btw.

higgo
    Free Member

doof_doof
    Free Member

Wow, as if Mav's couldn't get any more fugly.

bent_udder
    Free Member

Twohats – that pic just made me turn my head to one side.

bigyinn
    Free Member

lol @ higgo
    Im sure i can see a can of pepsi coming out of the brickwork, you know the magic eye ones you had to look at for 10 minutes whilst going cross eyed.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Thomson "Marmite" Layback Bender post – – Love or Hate?’ is closed to new replies.