Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • This snow.
  • miketually
    Free Member

I just took it slowly. I can get most of the way in through snowy parks and nature reserves, so not too many icy roads to deal with.

votchy
    Free Member

Wish it would snow here in the midlands (just south of brum), what bit we had before xmas was washed away by rain on xmas night 🙁

Ti29er
    Free Member

I spent 26, 27, 29, 30 in Dalby Forest.
    What should have been a fitness training session each day turned into a skills session in the snow!

Excellent!

Here in Watford, it's as cold as a witches nipple, -5 at 07:30 on my decking. Took some love;y pics this morning over the fields.

However, I can't cope with more than about 100 minutes of riding in this weather as my feet become blocks of ice – it's better in the woods, but it's my frozen feet that make me shorten my rides when it's below 2.5 degrees.

martyntr
    Free Member

Snow's ace… it's the Ice that's the bugger for me….

Bunnyhop

The Doog, yes I did mean it was unusual to ski ( in snow) in Halifax 🙂

For half the country that hasn't had snow yet, it appears to be heading your way.

takisawa2

Would love it if we actually got some in this god foresaken piss hole called The Midlands.

I am in no way bitter about all you Northerners & Southerners with 9"+.

(Snow falls that is).

uplink
    Free Member

If London gets snow – the world will stop
    We'll all hear about it too

😀

miketually
    Free Member

I'm about to take the off-road route home, with a little commuter light to light the way. Should be fun.

toaster93
    Free Member

There was a bloke skiing down some woods in Mow Cop (Stoke) yesterday. Just as we were coming towards him he hit a rock and went flying. The look on his face after was classic!

uplink
    Free Member

It's pretty bad out there Mike – take it easy

bonj
    Free Member

I'm normally an avid snow hater but had a really really good fun ride round the peaks yesterday, all in often fairly thick snow, after not being able to get to the lakes, so i'm some (not all mind) of the way to being converted.
    Basically if the snow's powdery and it's sunny, cloudless, and still, like it was yesterday – then bring it on – but if it's cloudy, windy, rainy, slushy, and more ice than snow, then it can naff off, as far as i'm concerned.

crazy-legs

I like it, I remember as a kid playing out in snow most years and it just seemed to be a normal winter. There's a picture of me (aged about 6) holding an icicle as tall as me that my Dad chipped off the gutter. Somehow something has changed and the UK now grinds to a halt whenever there's been a few flakes.

I wish we had winters like this more often – snow that sits around for a few weeks, sub zero temperatures and we just dealt with it, no dramas.

miketually
    Free Member

It's pretty bad out there Mike – take it easy

Took the bus routes in the end; too slippery. Will take the off-road option to work tomorrow if there's fresh snow.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I believe everyone should have a winter sport, it gives you something to look forward to in the darker months, so you don't end up wishing half the year away.
    Cue: Shameless self promotion

Ti29er
    Free Member
    aviemoron
    Free Member

Bring it on, the skiings awesome, some of the best powder I've ever skied – real "champagne" stuff, got number 1 son skiing, been building igloos, xc skiing with kids in a pulk/backpack and have no desire to work or see a thaw. Not bothered if the bikes aren't used til the Spring. Legs getting stronger every day. Oh – and it's snowing as I type this!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘This snow.’ is closed to new replies.