Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • This morning's road rage
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Approaching a mini roundabout I was towards the middle of the single lane. Apparently I drifted left slightly as I stopped and waited for a car on the roundabout, because an old bloke behind me decided he’d take the gap ahead of me and floored it around me and right in front of the car on the roundabout. Towards an obvious red light about 20 yards away.

I gave him a wtf gesture, he wound his window down and proceeded to berate me for not signalling. I was going straight on! How tf am I supposed to signal straight on?

Grrr.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Both arms outstretched pointing forwards 🙂

ton

i frowned at 2 school girls for stepping out in front of me. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

You big bully!!

ton

when i say frowned, i actually only lowered my eyebrows.

patriotpro
    Free Member

When he wound his window down you should have struck him in the face with your pump then rode off giving him a ‘signal’.

druidh
    Free Member

Both eyebrows???

molgrips
    Free Member

He also claimed to be a cyclist. Which makes it all the more remarkable the way he floored it though a small gap buzzing another cyclist 🙁

ski
    Free Member

ton – Member

when i say frowned, i actually only lowered my eyebrows.

LOL, quality 😉

ton
    vorlich
    Free Member

Despite leaving slightly later and being diverted due to flooding related road closures, and extensive flooding elsewhere, I somehow managed to arrive at work ahead of schedule.

One of the best commutes in a while TBH. 😕

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There was reverse road rage on a mini roundabout on my way to work. Its got three roads coming off, all busy, all had cars waiting to enter, and all we’re indicating right. “Give way to the right” means it was Stalemate.

edlong
    Free Member

There was reverse road rage on a mini roundabout on my way to work. Its got three roads coming off, all busy, all had cars waiting to enter, and all we’re indicating right. “Give way to the right” means it was Stalemate.

There’s one like this near me where I encounter this situation at least once a week. I do wonder how the insurance claims would go if everyone set off and collided in the middle?

Drac

How tf am I supposed to signal straight on?

Right arm bent at the elbow and holding upright.

atlaz
    Free Member

edlong – It’s insurance companies, everyone would be to blame of course

glupton1976
    Free Member

See that stalemate thing – That means I have priority.

abductee
    Free Member

Signalling with eyebrows explained here

martinxyz
    Free Member

Never lower one eyebrow alone. It’s known as a wink.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I was shouted at this evening by a numpty who badly bottomed out his porsche because he’d decided to overtake me over a hefty speedbump. I hadn’t actually held him up or anything so I’m really not sure what he thought shouting at me was going to achieve. I hope it did something expensive.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My commutes were both carnage today, thinking of stopping the shared path, too many idiots.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Signalling with eyebrows explained here

that is a fantastic sketch…

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Friday last week, about 200 yards from the opening to my work some twit overtook me in a car and abruptly turned left??? – right in front of me – luckily i was slowing down to take the same left turn.

Think he mis-judged my speed.

The scarey thing is, i was not even signaling, so for all he knew i was going straight ahead!

I waited on him parking up and had stern words when he came through the turnstyles – Arse!

brakes
    Free Member

I went in early this morning and managed to catch the worst of the rain and the worst of the tipper trucks taking building materials into the city.
    lying in is safer all round.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘This morning's road rage’ is closed to new replies.