Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This is what happens when you use the wrong tool for the job – circus bike
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Went on a trip for a few days riding about 120 mile with the bike on the Trans Pennine Trail. I kept telling my mate a Cove Stiffee is not a touring bike when he bought it. I don’t suppose the USE SX seatpost helped with the rack! Max weight 10kg. To be fair he’s done a few hundred mile before with it! Lucky we were about 8 mile back to the train station on a flat trail when this happened. Bit of a bodge and my 16 1/2 stone on the post to knock it down and we managed to get back ok with a lower saddle height at least! and an inch of post in the frame! just to make it look even more like a frankenbike Still had a great time though!

aracer
    Free Member

Doh!

Not so much an issue with the bike – I’m sure you could fit a proper rack on there if you tried – or even with the seatpost rack, but with using a seatpost rack on something really not designed for it.

rOcKeTdOg

Is that a bloody mary in the bidon?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Saw a Sanderson Life done up like this the other day – racks on the back though but also one of those adjustable stems at max height 🙁

Teetosugars
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Weak tea by the looks of it 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Weird..

#Double post. 😐

rOcKeTdOg

Teetosugars – Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Weak tea by the looks of it

weird, looked red on my phone, but on a PC you’re right, tea

beanieripper
    Free Member

what’s his other bike?… roadbike with monster t’s?

takisawa2

Amazing it lasted as long as it did. 🙂

And is that an Avent “boob-shaped” bottle in the other cage…?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Turnerguy I have Sanderson Breath which is a great frame. I have decided to sell that though as for the reason it has no rack mount holes. You can’t beat a proper rack. Yeah I suppose a road bike with Monster T fork is of a similar vain! I have told him to use a Thompson post if he fits the rack again, as his spare post is a carbon one. I doubt like you said it would be such and issue with a 30mm thompson post. He likes a comfy ride though, hence the sofa saddle as he likes to call it. A stiffee with a thompson post on some light bumpy trails for 120 mile could be a bit sore on the old bottom!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘This is what happens when you use the wrong tool for the job – circus bike’ is closed to new replies.