Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • this is really funny…..
  • DezB
    Free Member

I'm bloody glad I'm not in the "no sense of humour" minority 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

Like I said; if it were your kid involved, you'd be going mad. Probably headbut a chipmonger.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do feel really bad for the poor kid, but I did find the ostrich kicking pretty funny. The dad was like 'Yeah? Want some more you leggy f*cker?' The kid on the galloping pony was not funny, just looked like a v scared kid

I didn't have the sound on so I missed any screams of terror which would have added to the pathos.

Crell
    Free Member

The only thing that would have made it funnier is if the fella had come back into shot running away from an angry Ostrich….

Followed by the donkey a few moments later. I have tears rolling down my face watching it. It's all about the donkey.

wavydave
    Free Member

+1 for what talkemada said. Any parent worth their salt would not find it funny if it was their kid in that situation. Poor sod was clearly genuinely scared. Probably will come off unscathed ultimately but was surely s******g himself at the time. Yes i do have kids (3) and do find it funny when they're scared at the likes of Dr Who. Occasionally i do wind them up too. But BFO bird chasing them?

Donkey was good tho.

tyger
    Free Member

+1 Talkemada – as a Dad I also don't see the funny side of this at all. Humour is very personal but this just isn't funny or even mildly amusing.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think STW should put the question as to if this is funny as one of their polls 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Children in Appalling Flightless Bird Jeopardy with Donkey Moment and Ostrich Kicking: Funny? Or Not?

You decide. 🙂

nickc

Desperately funny.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I’m sorry but I can find the humour in this all I can see is a young child in fear and distress, of a large and aggressive animal. Ostriches have to capacity to cause a lot of damage, and with a child of that age potential fatal harm.
    I see a father how clearly has little understanding of the potential dangers (otherwise he would not have put the child in that position in the first place) and is slow to react to an increasingly dangerous situation, only once the child is thrown from the pony does he act
    Then I see a animal experience a sustained attack (while child continues to exhibit distressed behaviour) for merely acting on it own defensive/ territorial instincts.
    I find this kind of thing indicative of the uncaring, individualist, desensitised society we live in. However, the real tragedy was somebody (farther?) thought it would be good to post it in the interweb

[Trudges off disconsolately shaking head disappointedly]

alpin
    Free Member

i've watched it countless times before posting it here and it never fails to make me laugh out loud.

i also like the Bayer (Bavarian guy) shout "Hoidn'fest" ("Fest halten" in proper german, "Hold on tight" in english) and then "Hauna, hauna" ("Hau es drauf" or "hit it!").

i fist thought it was faked after when seeing the guy kick the bird back into shot until it got up and ran away.

the donkey is the killer though…..

alpin
    Free Member

breakneckspeed – Member

I’m sorry but I can find the humour in this all I can see is a young child in fear and distress, of a large and aggressive animal. Ostriches have to capacity to cause a lot of damage, and with a child of that age potential fatal harm.
    I see a father how clearly has little understanding of the potential dangers (otherwise he would not have put the child in that position in the first place) and is slow to react to an increasingly dangerous situation, only once the child is thrown from the pony does he act
    Then I see a animal experience a sustained attack (while child continues to exhibit distressed behaviour) for merely acting on it own defensive/ territorial instincts.
    I find this kind of thing indicative of the uncaring, individualist, desensitised society we live in. However, the real tragedy was somebody (farther?) thought it would be good to post it in the interweb

[Trudges off disconsolately shaking head disappointedly]

and the donkey?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Phew! There are a few other people who are able to both empathise and sympathise with the child.
    There was me thinking it was another example of a de-sensitised society where anything is funny as long as it isn't happening to the internet spectator.

We're **** as a species if this is our outlook.
    Dinosaur thinking, dinosaur destiny.

Play it again and turn it up loud and listen to a human being whimpering in utter desperation and fear. Too, too funny for words.

trailmonkey

Didn't find any part of the video funny but I'm finding some of the hand wringing angst pretty amusing.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

No hand wringing angst here just my instinctive emotion to the video I saw. Honest reaction. Different to others, but honest.

soulwood
    Free Member

Breakneckspeed wrote
    "I find this kind of thing indicative of the uncaring, individualist, desensitised society we live in. However, the real tragedy was somebody (farther?) thought it would be good to post it in the interweb"

WTF? What would you do? Offer the kid a lifetime of counselling services so he could be labelled with some bizarre behavioural made up disorder that meant he could never work in his life and sponge off the state? Or would you like his father, laugh it off slapping his son on the back and telling him to MTFU?

nickc

We're **** as a species if this is our outlook.

Oh, you have to be kidding me….

In 15-20 years time, this is going to be family lore "…And do you remember the time you were chased by that Ostrich…? Hopefully recounted in front of the boy's first serious girlfriend…My missus has a story of her being chased by a Peacock at about the same age, I can remember howling with fear when confronted by a huge (to me at the time) horse who took an interest in the ice cream i was eating…It's all part of life's rich tapestry. Here's a thing: Children, They Get Scared Occasionally…There you go. It does them no harm. It goes with growing up.

bassspine
    Free Member

That rates as 'not funny' in comparison with the 'actually funny' videos out there.

Talkemada
    Free Member

i've watched it countless times before posting it here and it never fails to make me laugh out loud.

Yeah, but you advocate gassing and burning of gypsies, so I'm not quite so sure of your judgement as to what constitutes 'humour', really.

I've watched it again, and still fail to see anything funny about it. If I were witnessing such an incident in real life, I'd be pretty concerned for the well-being of a child. Whilst I can fully understand the father kicking the ostrich to get it away from his son, I don't find that amusing either.

Tel you what; those of you who find it funny, come round my way, on your nice bikes, and I'll drop you off in one of the 'less nice' parts, with some less than friendly locals. And I'll video it. And we can all have a jolly old guffaw at it… 😀

(Envisages BigDummy, on his stupid bike, crying for his mummy while a gang of Hoodies set about him with their pitbulls…)

Heartless bastards.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

soulwood – I would not have put the child, Ostrich, or Donkey in that position in the first place, let alone post it up on the internet for the ‘amusement’ of others.
    I made no comment as to the child potential mental health in the future or the capacity of the child to conduct a full and fruitful life, I suspect the worst that will come of this is a lack of trust in large flightless birds and an erosion in trust in his farther
    That said as a psychiatric nurse and counsellor I daily work worth people who’s adult lives are blighted by childhood trauma and damaged relationship – I often find the use of MTFU is therapeutically beneficial to clients

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I'm not talking in any way about any possible psychological harm to the boy.
    I don't believe for one moment this will affect him at all in the future and I am completely sceptical about the whole "counselling" thing.

I was talking about people's reaction to this sort of video, not to the boy involved.

To summarise, I find it unfunny and mildly disturbing. Others find it "desperately funny". I find that attitude literally desperate.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

**** hilarious as far as I'm concerned 😀

I specially liked when the ostrich is legging it after a good kick-in. And I say that as someone who adores animals, keeps birds as pets, and even refuses to eat them. It was clear that the ostrich was unhurt – apart from possibly it's dignity. Also clear, was that, certainly up until the guy arrives, the ostrich doesn't touch the boy.

I didn't find the donkey very funny though 😕

Although Talkemada's comment : "…potentially in harms way from attack by a large flightless bird" I don't entirely know why, almost made me p*ss myself 😀 …….possibly cause it sounds like a line out of a Monty Python sketch.

Talkemada
    Free Member

**** hilarious as far as I'm concerned

Yeah, but you're the sort who thinks insulting and upsetting everyone is funny. Utterly mean and nasty. 🙁

retro83
    Free Member

PJ266
    Free Member

Youre ruining STW for me Talkemada 🙁 Every post is just a troll.

slowmedown
    Free Member

Well my kids, 9 and 11, both girls are in tears….
    …but only because they can't stop laughing!
    but hey kids can be cruel….

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think it's also worth reminding parents on here of the insidious danger of swans. Although they look pretty, and aren't flightless, they can easily break a child's arm.

nickc

Youre ruining STW for me Talkemada Every post is just a troll.

Don't worry, he'll be banned again soon

ph0010421
    Free Member

Funny, until Talkemada corrected me.

Thanks

NagsNog
    Free Member

Is the Father not actiing on his own defensive protective insticnts then….?

Fair enough if he beat it to death but he gave it a slap it backed off order was restored and thats how nature works…

That Donkey, oh that Donkey.. :lol:…for all the dorks, its the situation thats is funny..not the pain and distress.. 😉
    That Kid will love the fact its is on video..superb… 😆

NagsNog
    Free Member

Is the Father not actiing on his own defensive protective insticnts then….?

Fair enough if he beat it to death but he gave it a slap it backed off order was restored and thats how nature works…

That Donkey, oh that Donkey.. 😆 …for all the dorks, its the situation thats is funny..not the pain and distress.. 😉
    That Kid will love the fact its is on video..superb… 😆

Talkemada
    Free Member

Youre ruining STW for me Talkemada Every post is just a troll.

That's a bit unfair. So, I express my onion in an open and honest manner. Why is that a problem? Why is my opinion worth less than that of others? Should I not speak up if I disagree with something? Should I not have the right to challenge something I think is wrong?

As for being banned; I am careful not to break any forum rules. If people allow themselves to get that wound up by someone on an internet forum, and run complaining to the mods, then perhaps they're a bit thin-skinned. I'd like someone to point out where I've been particularly offensive, tbh.

And if you read my above posts carefully, you might see that I'm not being entirely serious…. 🙄

Sheesh. No sense of humour, some folk, eh? 😀

Hug, anyone?

trailmonkey

Why is my opinion worth less than that of others?

Because it's usually based upon the assumption that it's worth more than that of others ?

Just a guess like.

bassspine
    Free Member

that's not really funny. THIS is really funny

Talkemada
    Free Member

Because it's usually based upon the assumption that it's worth more than that of others ?

And what's wrong with that? 😀

Seriously, I don't mean to upset anyone. If people feel uncomfortable, because I challenge their views, then I can't help that. Some folk say some really offensive things on here, and tbh, I bite my lip a lot, as I don't think it's constructive to let rip and say what I really feel sometimes.

I'd much rather challenge that person and try to engage them in discussion, than just run off complaining about their posts.

Fair enough, if folk think I'm 'ruining' things, then I'll bear that in mind. Maybe I should respect the views of others more. I can take that on board.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think i can guess which STW'ers are not fans of You've Been Framed.

m_cozzy
    Free Member

Ahahaha thats brilliant 😀
    I cant stand children or ostriches so that to me was the perfect clip.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

I love YBF (although apparently I have no sense of humour) – but then they don't show the clips where the kids are screaming in terror.

Maybe they should release a MTFU version of the show on DVD to cater for for people with a "proper" soh.

🙂

nickc

As for being banned; I am careful not to break any forum rules

[shrugs/]

Only a matter of time…

FeeFoo
    Free Member

See, I (secretly) love You've Been Framed and often have a right belly-laugh with the rest of the family.
    Still don't find that clip funny though.

Sod it, enough of this, I'm off out for a skinful, a bird and a fight.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘this is really funny…..’ is closed to new replies.