• This topic has 165 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • This is England 90
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m routing for Woody & Lol still no matter how much I try to suppress the impending doom.

Question – anyone find themselves strangely to Smell? I’ve got this mate see..

ransos
    Free Member

I note that there was a support line announced at the end of the programme. I didn’t need help before watching it, but now…

DezB
    Free Member

Just watched the last one off Sky+ last night.
    The table scene was powerful and such uncomfortable viewing. Such a refreshing change to have something on TV so meaningful. Apparently 20 static cameras in the one room were used to make the one continuous cut.

hels
    Free Member

I’m liking the biblical references. All that wandering around (like Moses in the desert) last week then the “last supper” scene on sunday.

Can somebody remind me – why does Milky hate combo so much ? I must have missed that episode in the last series. Ta.

binners

why does Milky hate combo so much ?

Someone posted up the scene Hels. Just the small matter of him trying to kill him in an unbelievably vicious racist assault. Doesn’t make for pleasant viewing. Another incredible powerful, and deeply disturbing scene!

I’m not sure I can take a full feature length episode on Sunday. I might have to watch it in shifts. I doubt theres going to be any Hollywood happy endings

ransos
    Free Member

Can somebody remind me – why does Milky hate combo so much ? I must have missed that episode in the last series. Ta.

Combo beat him up, I think it was the original film

hels
    Free Member

Cheers Binners – we aren’t allowed YouTube or any streaming at work, I just see blank spaces. Little enough gets done with all the tea drinking.

hels
    Free Member

OK – also just to confirm – Lol doesn’t know that the dad messed with Kelly as well, does she ? At least that was implied in the flashback scene with the bikers in the caravan, well the bits that I saw through my fingers.

Talk about Stockholm syndrome…

slimjim78
    Free Member

It’s not 100% clear, but its implied that Kels was never abused by her father. Just Lol (and Trev) on the receiving end.

The caravan scene was to demonstrate Kel’s pathway to self destruction and disassociation with herself and her friends.
    I have wondered why Kel is so completely unwilling to accept the accusations made against her father – but its a difficult dynamic to imagine.

Perhaps i’m completely wrong and she has merely been in complete denial, and subconsciously blames herself for being abused. But it’s not been portrayed openly on any series yet.

hels
    Free Member

I think him appearing during the caravan scene suggested some repressed stuff. She almost comes across as jealous of what happened to Lol. Ugly.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I think she has serious daddy issues

gatsby
    Free Member

<bernardmanningmode> If she were my daughter, I’d still be bathin her… </bernardmanningmode>

sadexpunk

just watched the third episode. that was some dinner scene, felt drained after watching that :-/

superb acting!!

boltonjon

Incredible show – very well made and acted

The dinner scene was something else

Loving the old cars – metros, SD1s, Chevettes and a Capri chucked in for good measure – brill

Looking forward to what Milky is gonna dole out to Combo

binners

Is everyone preparing themselves for the emotional onslaught this will inevitably be?

There’s a lot to resolve.

Please Shane… At least let Lol and Woody live reasonably happily ever after. That’s all I ask.

rascal
    Free Member

binners – you beat my to it.
    Was going to do a reminder too – 20 minutes and counting people and it’s 1 hr 40 mins of hiding behind the sofa!

revs1972
    Free Member

FFS I’ve just had to sit through strictly and X factor and not say a word so as not to spoil HER enjoyment (decided to catch up on some work instead) . Then as soon as this comes on it’s Yappi, yapp, f**king yapp
    Looks like C4 + 1 for me !

Pook

That metro sounded misleadingly beefy

spacemonkey

Have to be honest and say I’m feeling nervous over how this episode is going to turn out. That is no doubt shaded by the Combo/Milky scene that I saw back in the day, but even so, there’s a heck of a lot of tension building here.

On a lighter note, good to see Shaun’s got in with nice bit of (Keira Knightley-esque) skirt.

Pook

Love spotting Sheffield locations.

Capri under the m1/m18 junction.
    Gadget and Shaun crossing the porter brook
    Park hill (obviously)

+1 on the tension, though I think milky will stop his revenge mission at the 11th hour.

Bregante

Any suggestions how I can tell the Mrs (who has never watched T.I.E) to sod off to bed and stop asking me what’s going on!!

cardo

Accidentally let one go…

Pook

Stop watching then together, start from the film.

Pook

General cemetery
    Bolehills

wrecker
    Free Member

Jeez. Milky is a total arsehole.

Pook

Still time

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Who were those two that sent Combo over the edge?

Pook

I think he just realised he wasn’t with milky’s family anymore

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

But they were going to put him within an inch and he was resigned to that.
    Confused.

mudshark
    Free Member

Difference between a beating and disappearing.

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s what I thought. It changed when he saw the nutters.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I suppose keeping it in the family was fair, Milky doing the business would have set things straight, seeing outsiders upped the stakes.
    EDIT: Bit disappointed, unless there’s going to be more.

Pook

Yeah it’s not wrapped up the Combo story

revs1972
    Free Member

Frustrating end.
    New Fargo coming though eh

spacemonkey

No need to wrap up the Combo element IMO. We know more than anyone other than Milky.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

You can’t end it like that!
    FFS.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

…….Christmas Day special?

the only thing its done is flip the guilt,

for some reason at the end in the bar, i though Lol was going to say she was her mum

mudshark
    Free Member

Wouldn’t want to see what happened to Combo.

Will take Milky longer to recover from that than he did from his beating.

TheSanityAssassin

Parts of that had me feeling physically sick, others squirming uncomfortably in my seat. Can’t remember a TV drama ever having that kind of effect on me before.
    Outstanding viewing.

rascal
    Free Member

Glad Kelly back in from the dark.
    Milky could have called them off last minute when he realised Combo’s genuine remorse. Could have bought the family connection thing but leaves me wondering who the guys that carried him off were.
    Have expected him to walk in at the end.
    Very stark contract between Milky and everyone else.
    Lose ends tied up but a bit underwhelming too – not the fireworks we expected.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘This is England 90’ is closed to new replies.