Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • This guy is quite good
  • Harry_the_Spider

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJHayGJGc0E&sns=tw[/video]

Appologies if it has been done before.

fishboy
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s quite good. Nothing more than quite of course. ;o)

BoardinBob

nice. Like the go pro-esque sections

robhughes
    Free Member

How the hell does he do that at 3.40.
    If you watch it carefully it just looks impossible.
    Another rider with anti gravity boots. 😀

iBaa
    Free Member

Amazing :-0

mojo5pro
    Free Member

yep, he’s really good. Up there with Danny Mac.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he does use a kicker at 3:40 but it still looks impossible

transapp
    Free Member

cant say the rest looked any more possible!

Radioman

brilliant …amazing rider

Woody
    Free Member

How the hell does he do that at 3.40.
    If you watch it carefully it just looks impossible.

The kicker goes some way to covering that one but I still can’t see how he gets the momentum at 3 minutes to clear the gap to the truck. Couldn’t see it last time this was posted either 😕

Superficial
    Free Member

Pretty good but there’s plenty of people worldwide who could do all of that. It’s very smooth and there’s some big lines but none of the individual moves are THAT big. I don’t want to take anything away from this guy because he’s clearly put the hours in and is a good rider, but Danny Mac is in a class of his own, and IMO this doesn’t come close.

The gap to the truck isn’t about momentum. He’s using a tiny run in for a little bit of extra length but it’s mostly coming from the explosive movement off the edge.

bigblackshed

He’s got balls of steel, I’ll say that for the lad.

Woody
    Free Member

Pretty good but there’s plenty of people worldwide who could do all of that.

Really 😯

Danny Mac is in a class of his own, and IMO this doesn’t come close.

Danny Mac is brilliant but some of the gap jumps are so big and smooth here eg. the truck and at 3:17 I find it hard to believe that there are many people who could do that, never mind make so effortless looking.

Superficial
    Free Member

Most people don’t follow trials videos. There’s at least 5-6 people in the UK who are doing similarly big stuff, it doesn’t really get coverage outside of the trials world though. Danny Mac gets all the plaudits because his riding is massively skilful and creative but in terms of raw trials (size of gaps, height of stuff he can get up) he’s not in the big league (it’s a different type of riding and not something he’s really tried I guess).

MSP

I think what made Danny Mac so famous (apart from just being bloody awesome of course)was the quality of video editing and really matching the music to the mood of his moves and the environment it was all performed in.

I was sick of the background music on this within 30 secs and turned the sound down, which just lowers the overall impact.

adstick
    Free Member

Danny Mac has a bit more BMX about him, which is what I think makes it more interesting to non trialsy, or indeed non bikey people. Trials is very skillful but I get bored after a while.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘This guy is quite good’ is closed to new replies.