Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • This flat is a mess
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I mean a real mess. And I’ve got no idea where to start. Plus our toddler tends to follow you round messing stuff up as you clean.

Gah!

EDIT: OMG it’s 4pm!

Bregante

Erm. No. It isn’t. It’s 3 pm (ish)

donsimon
    Free Member

No, it’s 4.08pm. 🙄

psychle
    Free Member

in Spain…

donsimon
    Free Member

And probably Germany.

emma82
    Free Member

I don’t have kids and my house is an absolute pit, it’s disgusting but – worse than having kids I have a yeti asr bike in my living room,as well as 3 large ish RC choppers, a home made plane and loads of other crap that isn’t mine but take ALL the floor space. I’m also horrendously lazy and can’t be bothered to clean or put things away to be fair 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

thanks for sharing what you having for tea?

emma82
    Free Member

I’m having a BBQ!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Before we had kids we were messy. Now we’re still messy, and there’s a kid tipping out boxes of lego everywhere, leaving bits of food about the place, wiping sticky hand prints on everything and so on. Makes it much worse.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You live in a flat? Peasant.

molgrips
    Free Member

This is my second home 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Its kids. We work bloody hard to keep our place clean and tidy – totally pointless

ronjeremy
    Free Member

set fire to it all, and move on…

flip
    Free Member

I really hate mess, spick and span me. I went to a clients house today to give a quote, i swear their child was rolling in their dogs poo.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Is it as bad as this?

That’s after several weeks of tidying btw. Before the back bedroom was sorted the contents of that room covered a 20′ by 10′ lounge. My wife just sat in the middle in a whirlwind of activity, occasionally throwing something beautiful out. She still maintains that I’m the messy one 😀

DrP

Rich, what’s going on there!

Our kid has taken a liking to really flinging his food all over the place! Now’t like scraping dried weetabix off the wall 8 days later!

DrP

RichPenny
    Free Member

Dude, it’s ALWAYS like that. Just a big pile of craft materials in the background. WRT the mess, it’s often like geological strata. I know the top layer was playing cards, invites to baby shower and something else. You really need to see it when the jewellery stuff is out 🙂 Once baby is born and a bit older, she’ll start working with metals again. Not having known her long enough, I’m a bit scared of this medium!

StirlingCrispin

Never ever feed a child Weetabix.

As long as environmental health aren’t involved I wouldn’t worry. A bit of dirt is good for you. Repeat until convinced.

(father of two young boys)

rickmeister

Thats not a mess, just spent this weekend clearing our flat after we managed to get the last tennant out. He left 70 bin bags of crap and a bio hazzard in the kitchen and bathroom….

allthepies
    Free Member

Can you rig up a webcam in your bog ?

cxi
    Free Member

rickmeister – I know the feeling. I needed a skip to shift all the crap my last tennant left.

molgrips
    Free Member

Rich – that looks very very familiar. Be thankful your Mrs is not into crafts that need string, because that gets bits of fluff trodden every flippin where.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Better than pieces of brake cable, metal filings, wires, tiny nuts and bolts and burnt soldering iron bits on fabric towels… those can actually hurt! (and the cat never minded the string bits, and lilgrips likes picking up fuzz)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘This flat is a mess’ is closed to new replies.