Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Thinking of getting a small dog, but with one???
  • yunki
    Free Member

Always seems an odd choice for a dealer, they’d be much better off with a protection dog like a rottie, German Sheppard or Dobe.

or a junky dog like a chihuahua..

jruk
    Free Member

Small dogs are rubbish. Get a decent size cat instead. Our Maine Coon is great with kids, the size of small dog and no worries about walking him. His liking for bringing live animals into the house is a bit of a downer though.

willard

First up, I would like to declare a vested interest in spaniels. I own two (one springer and one cocker) and love them both. Both are lovely dogs and great to be around.

However, they are working dogs and need to be exercised both physically and mentally a lot more than some other dogs I have known, so leaving a dog like that alone for a long time is going to result in chewed skirting board, chewed clothing and chewed DSL dongles. I speak from experience…

I think a dog like Ralph, our cocker, would be perfect for you. He will run out with the bikes for ages and, at home, all he wants to do is be cuddled. That’s probably why he’s not that good a gundog, but he is a pretty perfect pet (apart from chewing tea towels). He sheds a bit, but not much and does not have the curly hair that you’d normal expect on a cocker.

Ready for the cuteness???

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of getting a small dog, but with one???’ is closed to new replies.