Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thinking about going MTB in the Pyrenees, Recommendations please..
  • gaberin
    Free Member

Thinking about going mountain biking in the pyrenees in july, near Pau, france.
    I like singletrack, although don’t want to do serious downhilling, more like xc or all mountain.
    It may just be for 1 day or maybe a few staying in refuges along the way.

Anyone been to the Pyrenees, got any information or recommendations?

GlennG
    Free Member

Stayed in ax les thermes quite a few times and the riding around there is superb, lots of very nice single track, if your looking for a place to stay a friend of mine has a guest house in Ax, he also does guiding.

timraven

AQR great fun, great food and great trails at a good price. 5 of us went a couple of years ago, so much easier with a guide.

joeegg
    Free Member

Done a lot of road biking in the Pyrenees but no mtb’ing.
    From what i’ve seen the best biking would be in the central and eastern Pyrenees,and as one contributor put it Ax les Thermes looks a good spot.
    I ‘ve also found the weather to be better the further east you go,after moving on from the Basque region after a week of dismal weather in the summer.
    You could also look around areas like Luz St Saveur which is very touristy but should have plenty of info.

Northwind

Luchon where AQR are based is a fair distance away from Pau… Fantastic riding there though, some of the best I’ve ever done. I’d love to get back there…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thinking about going MTB in the Pyrenees, Recommendations please..’ is closed to new replies.