Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Things you find on the road when riding along….. squashed snake
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Normally just see rubbish, roadkill pheasants/squirrels/rabbits etc but not one of these, was about 3′ long I reckon and full of eggs:

Kuco

Thats a real shame 🙁

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thats a real shame

No, it’s definitely a real snake

nickjb
    Free Member

We found this one sleeping in road. Very tired due to lack of heat and would have been squashed eventually. We coaxed it off the road with the aid of a stick.

oldnpastit

@nickjb – please tell me that wasn’t in England!

nickjb
    Free Member

No. A long way from here. You can sleep safe.

unovolo
    Free Member

Was up riding around Werneth Low yesterday and saw a different kind of Snake, coming off the low towards the cenotaph was messing around in some bomb holes nearby and I saw a guy stripped to waist stroking his trouser snake whilst his girlfriend was knelt facing it!
    both threw themselves to the ground when they spotted me.

I was stunned to say the least especially at it was only around 4:30pm on probably in of the most exposed areas up there.

Esme
    Free Member

the most exposed areas” 😯

timba
    Free Member

@redstripe
    Grass snake? They lay their eggs about now, so a great shame

cheekyget
    Free Member

Riding with my son last year, we cut across a golf course and found a cats paw on the 8th hole tee .

My son wanted to keep it as a key ring……crazy kid, he was only 7 then…lol

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Think I saw about 6 or 7 dead Tiger snakes on my first long solo road ride in Tassie, did freak me out not keen to see any more out on the road. Nice thing about winter is getting a break from the dam things

P20

Years ago we found an adder making a lot of effort and going nowhere on the road to Thrunton car park. As we got close, we noticed it head had been squashed by a car at it was stuck to the tarmac. Beautiful creatures

cubist
    Free Member

Found a massive Perenti or Goanna in the road in Aus. – not an expert on lizards but it was basically a medium sized dinosaur.

My mate managed to hit a Snake in the UK when we were out on our motorbikes and his tyre flicked it straight into me. The shock nearly had me in the hedge.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There was a day out on one of the islands off Tassie which involved about one of everything we get down here all 20% bigger than normal. The blue tongue lizard that was like a breeze block on legs.

dannyh
    Free Member

I saw a guy stripped to waist stroking his trouser snake whilst his girlfriend was knelt facing it!
    both threw themselves to the ground when they spotted me.

That’ll be the notorious purple headed spitting cobra I assume…………

Ah well, healthy pursuits healthily pursued and all that.

Oh, and how do you know it was his girlfriend? It could have been his wife. Oh, hang on, no – definitely pre-proposal stage of relationship. 😐

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Called at BikeScene in Guisborough yesterday & Craggsy told me about….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-33490385

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Things you find on the road when riding along….. squashed snake’ is closed to new replies.