Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Things that don’t have names.
  • tree-magnet
    Free Member

My two year old has christened the tumble dryer the “bendover” and the computer the “poocutter”.

We try not to wet ourselves laughing when he says them.

itstig

Not long after learning to talk our son refered to dog poo* as dodge. It is always that now.*other words are avaliable

tthew

Back on page 2,

the overhang in the top of your ear

now there’s a case in point. What’s that called??

itstig

It’s called the helix (the overhang on your lughole)or auricle

arrpee
    Free Member

My two year old has christened the tumble dryer the “bendover”

Dare we ask what he witnessed for that to come about?

On a related subject, I remember once hearing about a three year old on his first boat trip who spotted a seal. With a stunned expression, he pointed and shouted “DOG-BOAT!”.

dr_death
    Free Member

Knee pits are called your popliteal fossa…

findo_gask
    Free Member

Dog-boat… class! 😀

Serious question though: is there a word that means someone who used to be your step parent but isn’t any longer?

Was talking about my former step-dad to a friend a couple of days ago and realised I didn’t actually know a name for what his relationship to me is now. Legally there’s no link at all – but in reality he’s still part of the family. You’d think there’d be a word as these days I doubt it’s unusual!

alpin
    Free Member

‘pass us the squidge’.

when i had a TV i called the zapper “god”.

in german there is a name for the inside of your elbow…. don’t know if one exists in english.

the GF also does the Crtl-Z thing, too. nerd.

tthew

As far as I know there is no word for the rogue cob of mud that you find under the auricle several days after a bike ride.

FTFY. 😀

TomB

in german there is a name for the inside of your elbow…. don’t know if one exists in english

Antecubital Fossa

emanuel
    Free Member

there’s a book,called the meaning of liff.it’s not too bad.all about this sort of stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Things that don’t have names.’ is closed to new replies.