Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Things that are wrong.
  • wrecker
    Free Member

TBF, we don’t use that much imperial any more. It’s pretty much the domain of road signs and old people, isn’t it? Struggling offhand to think of much else. Oh, pints in a pub of course.

We ride 20k’s but drive a couple of miles to work and measure ourselves in feet. I’ll lift 50kgs but weigh X stones.
    I think imperial is still very ingrained.

I’m also adding modern hop hop. We used to have Rakims, Big Daddy Kanes and KRS1’s and now we have ****ing Drake and wiki waka flocky.

antigee

any parts of a weather forecast that relate to what happened yesterday or is happening now

flags/flagpoles in house gardens

mesh covered vents in the rear bumpers of cars

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Anyone who says ‘erb instead of herb. **** off and die.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What about saying Oregano?

seadog101

One of the people I have to work with, invariably.

wilburt
    Free Member

I got fed up with the dual measurement thing and dumped imperial a few years ago, recommend it to everyone.

tazzymtb

Gears
    suspension
    flouro enduro pantaloons
    belly button fluff
    Tiny pigs wearing wellies
    Raisins in curry
    the fact that your bumhole can only detect “spicy”, you eat a really hot curry, sceaming lava ring in the morning whilst praying to all the gods that the splash landing may give a temporary but watery respite. Eat loads of chocolate and the next morning you dont get a lovely “hmmmm chocolate” feeling…so unfair

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I got fed up with the dual measurement thing and dumped imperial a few years ago, recommend it to everyone.

With you till height, I can only ever remember how tall I am in imperial. Distance no problem metric just it buggers up vertically.

onehundredthidiot

Chocolate and toffee with salt and or chilli. No!! Make it sweet. Don’t want salty chocolate bleurgh.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hips that ache after a weekends riding..

That’s just wrong.

franksinatra

Religion

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Watching your new topic fall away due to inactivity

hammyuk
    Free Member

Sweet chocolate – wrong

maccruiskeen

Religion

Which one? 🙂

franksinatra

Which one?

All. I also think it is wrong to discriminate so I wouldn’t want pick on one

perchypanther
    Free Member

Having to wear a shirt and tie, spend money on fuel and two hours of my precious personal time every day to sit alone in an office and create spreadsheets,send email and make phone calls when I have a perfectly good office at home right next door to my bedroom.

Grrrrr.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Most builders I know can switch between imperial and metric no problem. They’ll often as for 2.4m of 4×2. Of and 8×4 sheet of 12mm plasterboard.

Artisan beetroot.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The worse the farts, the less smelly the poo.

Artisan beetroot, chocolate and coffee soup for starters with chili and caramel chunks. Served in a very small metal bucket, with chips on a slate.

maccruiskeen

Most builders I know can switch between imperial and metric no problem. They’ll often as for 2.4m of 4×2. Of and 8×4 sheet of 12mm plasterboard.

As someone who uses a lot of timber (lots and lots and lots of it) I’m like that – an upside is the maths of metric work better for materials sold in imperial sizes. Metric works really well when being added to, the Imperial system works best in dividing things up. By happy accident the existing sheet sizes for timber divide nicely in metric too and generally what people do with wood is cut it up.

Whats wrong though is lumber and sheets have two slightly different metric approximations of imperial – sheets are typically close to genuine imperial sizes ( near to 2444mm x 1222mm). However lengths of timber are a metric equivalent of imperial but rounded down to the nearest 100mm – so 4.8m instead of 16ft (which is 88mm shorter than 16ft) so when you’re making structures that combine timber and sheets the timber is always too short and no matter how clever you are with framing theres always loads of wastage and I finish each job with stacks of nearly useful short lengths of timber. And I think “fab look at all that free firewood” then I remember that that free wood cost me hundreds of pounds.

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Things that are wrong.’ is closed to new replies.