• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cbike.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Thick aluminium foil
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Reminded by the camping stove thread, I’ve been looking for thick aluminium foil for ages to replace the MSR windshield and heat reflector that came with my Whisperlite. From MSR they are £15 for a bit of foil, which seems like a rip-off.

Anyone know where to get thick alu foil?

sandwicheater

Jive bunny will know.

dknwhy

Buy a big disposable baking tray from the pound shop and cut it to the right size/shape.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Jive bunny will know.

😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just buy a chinese takeaway, eat it and wash the foil container.

Double Winning!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Buy a big disposable baking tray from the pound shop and cut it to the right size/shape.

That, or if you need thicker you can buy pretty much any size and thickness of aluminium sheet on ebay.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

https://www.prokit.com/rosco-cine-foil/?gclid=COa92-2n2s4CFfIV0wodf2AMsQ

This is what you use for wrapping around stage/film set lights to stop light leaking onto set.

Good stuff but £££ Probably find cheaper on Ebay

matt_outandabout

I used the big disposable baking tray – a branded one was thicker, and still only £1.50 from Tesco.

It is now 4 years old and may get replaced soon.

molgrips
    Free Member

This is what you use for wrapping around stage/film set lights to stop light leaking onto set.

That’s perfect, except it’s black – could do with being silver to reflect heat.

However at £9 for ten feet of it, that’s exactly the kind of price I was thinking of…

towzer

Could you customise a drinks can

crikey
    Free Member

Here you go, you tight bugger. 😀

ianfitz
    Free Member

Backpacking light sell nice and thick foil that lasts longer than the oven tray type.

b1galus
    Free Member

use a discarded portable bbq they are all over the place and you get karma points for recycling

cbike
    Free Member

Yep portable barby or disposable catering oven dishes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Thick aluminium foil’ is closed to new replies.