Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • "they all look the same to me"
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Same facial features, dark eyebrows, tanned yet slightly gaunt and pale, muscular in odd places, bad manners, oakley sunglasses, lycra, road bike.

Whats going on? I know its not the same person as I’ve noticed this at all ends of the country, all roadies seem to look the same to me, abit like the way your grandparents probably described foreign nationalities?

The obvious answer is they are government robot drones surveying the countryside, think about it, it’d be a perfect cover. No one would attempt conversation and a few programmed gestures are all that would be required to fool most other road cyclists, infact if you blinged up a very expensive frame with some ultra rare groupset made from samuari swords that would probably be enough to distract even hardcore racers from a shoddly built android perched upon it!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I met one with more than one usable facial expression t`other day, I was that perplexed when I got home I went and stood at the foot of our stairs.

unklehomered
    Free Member

So when they are in a group are they syncing their data so as to act like some form of surveillance cloud?

globalti
    Free Member

You forgot the cotton cap with peak under the helmet, a sure sign of a serious roadie.

Sorry to say this but in the same way that mountain bikers strive to conform to “the look”, so do roadies. The difference is that the serious roadie is fanatical about cleanliness and purity, which is the most plausible reason for leg-shaving. Some roadies actually disassemble their bikes completely after every run and reassemble them, even if they rode in bone-dry weather on clean roads. Unless you’re a roadie you probably don’t understand – my scruffy road riding buddy doesn’t understand for example why my bike is always immaculate (his is always filthy) or why I’m fitting Planet X brakes in place of perfectly good Ultegra brakes… the reason is to save a precious 113 grammes and the Planet X brakes do look more trick.

fasthaggis

Whats going on? I know its not the same person as I’ve noticed this at all ends of the country, all roadies seem to look the same to me, abit like the way your grandparents probably described foreign nationalities?

Is it ‘how to use the internet’ at the nursing home today ?

wwaswas

My wife struggled to pick me out of a group of mountain bikers when we passed her as she was out running with her freinds. “Well, you all looked the same” was the excuse then too.

globalti
    Free Member

Just what I said.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ha! I got one to smile and say hello the other day. 😀

fasthaggis

My wife struggled to pick me out of a group of mountain bikers when we passed her as she was out running with her freinds

🙂

binners

rogerthecat – Theres obviously something going on! The real roadies have obviously been abducted by aliens, and replaced with lycra-clad replicants who are are identical in every way, apart from one crucial detail. Not one, but 2 of them, said hello to me on yesterdays commute 😯

theflatboy
    Free Member

globalti – Member

I’m fitting Planet X brakes in place of perfectly good Ultegra brakes… the reason is to save a precious 113 grammes and the Planet X brakes do look more trick.

wow, next payday = sold!

globalti
    Free Member

I think you’re imagining things. There are subtle differences.

Junkyard
    Free Member

they have nealry as much variety as your trolls threads

Lifer
    Free Member

Bless.

globalti – Member
    You forgot the cotton cap with peak under the helmet, a sure sign of a serious roadie.

Ever had a bee go through a vent? Ever sweat?

Lifer
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Not one, but 2 of them, said hello to me on yesterdays commute

Pfffffft. Noobs.

Sandwich

I take delight in catching and drafting them on my Sub 5. I always say thanks for the tow when I head back off-road.

patriotpro
    Free Member

You mentioned the word ‘foreign’.

Far-right, knuckle-dragger, racist, small-minded, daily-mail consuming numpty, etc…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘"they all look the same to me"’ is closed to new replies.