Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • These people in Westminster really do need professional help!
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Times article on £15 "Victims of Crime" levy

This is completely unjust! Yet another tax grab. I can hear all the sanctimonious (but inexperienced) people being judgemental about motoring offenders, however it's often the case that safe motorists get caught out for these minor indisgressions. YES, SPEED TRAPS ARE OFTEN NOTHING MORE THAN THAT AND NOTHING TO DO WITH ROAD SAFETY.

I have only been caught twice like this in around a million miles of motoring. The last one was 15 years ago, so I have no axe to grind.

For example, I think a £15 tax on a £60 speeding fine for victims of crime is inappropriate, because no crime has been committed, it's a driving offence!

If all motoring offences are treated as criminal offences, then logically speaking, huge numbers of innocent people will effectively have become criminals.

UTTER UTTER IRRATIONAL Left wing boxxocks!

And there are people that think Labour have a chance at the next election. FOOLS!

richcc
    Free Member

I find it hard to get excited about this one. Getting caught speeding is pretty discretionary behaviour. Taking money off people who get caught for motoring offences saves them taking so much from me in other ways!

BigJohn

Motoring offences are all criminal offences. Just summary offences, not indictable ones in the main. Police can only get involved in criminal cases.

But it is a stupid levy.

richcc
    Free Member

"But it is a stupid levy."

that's what I was getting it, it's a tax on the stupid. Until we are allowed to go around to Fred Goodwin's house, turn him upside down and shake the loose change out of his pockets then taxes on the stupid are going to be the best option for fixing the country's finances

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

UTTER UTTER IRRATIONAL Left wing boxxocks!

And there are people that think Labour have a chance at the next election. FOOLS!

So not really worth getting worked up about then.

Because presumably the Tories, when they are in power in a few months/weeks time, will scrap this UTTER UTTER IRRATIONAL Left wing boxxocks ?

I look forward to receiving my gift tokens, if I'm caught speeding when Dave and Georgie are running the show.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Out of interest, what aspect of this policy do you consider left wing spongebob?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I'll be happy with this provided there is a victim surcharge levy on any politician who's claimed more than a fiver in phoney expenses claims.

Speeding is discretionary behaviour, just like stuffing sticky, dirty, grasping politician fingers into the kitty.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I hadn't realised that it was mainly really good, safe drivers who got caught committing motoring offences. If that's really true then it is clear that a radical re-think of policy is needed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘These people in Westminster really do need professional help!’ is closed to new replies.