Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • There's gotta be a biking use for this stuff.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

An art student based in a warehouse in east London has invented a product already being described as the best thing since Sellotape and Blu-Tack

Call me cynical, but I'm more inclined to think that a bunch of chemical engineers / research scientists invented this, and an art student came up with the name and silver colour for the packet.

Stoner
    Free Member

art student based in a warehouse in east London

Fred's been awfully quiet…

MrNutt
    Free Member

sylvia plaster caster anyone?

I know what my loved one will be getting for christmas this year (finally a use for that old electric toothbrush I couldn't bear to throw away!)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ian Munro – true, very true, but don't spoil her illusion! I think often its the design engineers that say "it'd be nice if we had this" and the other eng's say "hmm, yeah we have some stuff like that, here, try this". Takes both sides.

MrNutt – you are aware it's adhesive aren't you, I hope yo9u're not planning any direct casting!

DezB
    Free Member

Biking use?

Watch the video – they use it as a light mount.

iDave
    Free Member

sounds a bit like shoe goo which i have fixed numerous trainers with in the past

GrahamS

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself iDave.

A rubberised adhesive sealant that works on leather, rubber, vinyl and canvas eh?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Shoe goo doesnt work on un-keyed glass, metal and ceramic though, does it!

beefy

Fixing carbon frames when they snap?

Or just custom frames, mold it into the shape you want and away you go, or even further, expand the bamboo bike thing and start making bikes out or other trees, an oak bike might be nice. Or maybe use scaffolding tubes, oh hang on……….

ooOOoo
    Free Member

My mate used to ergonomonise his boom box etc. at uni with Fimo – often made it better, and often made it worse!

They say it remains slightly flexible beefy so not sure if ideal for a frame 😮 but if you need someone to review your oak bike, sign me up!

GrahamS

Shoe goo doesnt work on un-keyed glass, metal and ceramic though, does it!

Nope.

Good on shoes though 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

can you build shoe goo into a 3-dimensional object though?

I reckon Ill get some of this stuff – could be fun around the house, ergonomising my wardrobe etc.

GrahamS

can you build shoe goo into a 3-dimensional object though?

Yup, usually a big black blob.
    Shoo Goo is pretty sticky, you wouldn't want to go moulding it with your hands.

(Note: "sounds a bit like" does not mean "that is exactly the same as") 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

I want some flubber.

beefy

ooOOoo, you say it remains slightly flexible, well surely what we have here is the making of a soft tail bike!

Stoner
    Free Member

custom saddle moulding on the cheap?

DIY gumshield? Got to be better than scalding your mouth on the old kettle-heated forming ones 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I shall use it if the carbon links ever bust on my Yeti's seat stays. In a nice bright orange.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Make your own bottle cage?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

can anyone pronounce "Dhulchaointigh" ? Is it Gaelic ? (I had the sound off)

tinribz
    Free Member

Custom ergo grips? Un-puncturable tyres?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I might use it to improve the damping on my MX Comps

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘There's gotta be a biking use for this stuff.’ is closed to new replies.