Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • the word **** in a song on CBBC?
  • GW
    Free Member

fair enough or out of order?

What do you think?

<EDIT> Swear filter says No !! 😆 begins with “T” and rhymes with “shat” 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

I think you might be a bit old to be watching CBBC.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not sure what word you mean. Plenty of occurences of the *rap word in childrens TV these days, which I find unacceptable.

binners

depends who it was directed at really. If it was the studio audience of Blue Peter being marshalled into chanting at a naked fat kid who was being poked with sticks, then being played out live to an audience of millions, there may be an issue?

Is that what’s happened?

Drac

I can’t believe they used that word for one minute.

LoCo
    Free Member

Justin gangsta rapping again, he’s a foul mouthed ####

GW
    Free Member

Realman – I rarely watch TV at all nevermind CBBC but I recently told off a 9yr old within a group of 2-10yr olds for singing (what I deemed) a rude song, and was surprised to find he’d heard it on CBBC.

GrahamS

Hmmm… not sure I’d like t**t to be used in kids programmes, since I’d consider it a derogatory term for female genitals.

cr*p though, I’d be perfectly happy with.

wwaswas

did he sign it too?

GW
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

I can’t believe they used that word for one minute.
    Why not? iz it coz U iz a mod?

GW
    Free Member

Justin’s on CBeebies you ****

Harry_the_Spider

It looks like he already is.

fadda

Ah’ve bin rappin’ f’twenty year, so ah naw what ah’m rappin’ aboot.

More seriously, I’d be surprised if it actually was that word, but there are others that I dislike ( see coffeeking, above…)

phil.w
    Free Member

Swear filter says No

URL says Yes. 🙂

GrahamS

What was the context of the song GW?

And was it the same song you told off the 9 year old for singing, or was that something else??

rocketman
    Free Member

Those of us old enough to remember Fawlty Towers will recall that one of the pseudo-anagrams used on the hotel sign at the start of each episode was ‘Flowery Tw&ts’

wwaswas

URL says Yes.

🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

cr*p though, I’d be perfectly happy with.

I’m not sure why the world is going soft on language like this. When I was a sprog I’d have had a smack round the ears for using that word. To me it’s unacceptable in kids TV, and it’s not necessary – there’s far more acceptable words they could use. I accept that swearing is a useful tool at times and in more extreme situations it’s fine for adults, but there’s no need for introduction in childrens TV.

GW
    Free Member

What was the context of the song GW?

pretty much your standard british play on words style humour song ending with an insult, I’ll find out the exact lyrics for you after School and post them up if want.

TooTall
    Free Member

One bloke on a biking forum says he heard it and the outrage mob are lighting up already?

*fetches pitchfork and hangin’ noose*

🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Begins with T rhymes with shat…

That?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hang on, was it the 9 year old that told you he heard the song on the BBC, or have you since heard it on the BBC or had it verified on the BBC?

May be gulable comes to mind? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

could be worse…….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kclq2zGQy4w[/video]

wwaswas

TSY here’s a link with a clue in it;

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-word-****-in-a-song-on-cbbc#post-3045610

(not swear filter evasion – it’s the url of the thread so it’s been through the swear filter)

[edit] oh, the filter kicks in if you try and link to a thread with a swear word int he title.

Drac

Why not? iz it coz U iz a mod?

No because it just wouldn’t be allowed. Just because your kids says he heard it on there doesn’t mean it’s true. Maybe he misheard or god forbid he’s the first child ever to lie.

stanley

When I was a kid, you couldn’t even say crap on the radio 🙂

[Goes off for a bit of a pogo]

wwaswas

When I was a kid, you couldn’t even say crap on the radio

although Paula Yates and Jules Holland always seemed to manage to swear just as they did their live promo for TheTube on Channel 4 just before the ITV news at 5:45.

thomthumb
    Free Member

When I was a kid, you couldn’t even say crap on the radio

not true; no watershed on UK radio. 🙂

GW
    Free Member

No because it just wouldn’t be allowed.

😆
    it def iz coz u iz a mod

Just because your kids says he heard it on there doesn’t mean it’s true.

Not my kid but I’m 100% sure he wasn’t lying, didn’t mishear and did hear it there.

GrahamS

I’m not sure why the world is going soft on language like this. When I was a sprog I’d have had a smack round the ears for using that word.

I just don’t consider “crap” to be a swear word.

If something is crap then it is a bit rubbish. If someone talks crap then then they are talking nonsense. I find that usage perfectly acceptable and not a bit sweary.

If on children’s telly Mr Bloom suddenly announced “Right tiddlers, look after the veggies, I’m off for a big crap. Pass me the paper.” then yes it might raise more of an eyebrow as that is clearly the scatological meaning of the word.

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXFz7vqbk1o[/video]

Drac

Not my kid but I’m 100% sure he wasn’t lying, didn’t mishear and did hear it there.

Sorry misread your post or did I? 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

If on children’s telly Mr Bloom suddenly announced “Right tiddlers, look after the veggies, I’m off for a big crap. Pass me the paper.”

He hasn’t listened to Bob Flowerdew, ‘personal liquid waste’ only on the compost heap 🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ok, everyone, you’ve heard the evidence. Now it’s time to vote.

Do you think someone sang the ‘tw’ word on the radio?

yunki
    Free Member

GW.. you come across as a bit of a nob on here sometimes but admitting publicly that you’ve had the wool pulled over your eyes by a 9 year old is daft even by your standards..
    but quite amusing

Cougar

When I was a sprog I’d have had a smack round the ears for using that word.

I wouldn’t use it in front of my mum now, and I turn 40 in three months.

GrahamS

You wouldn’t say “crap” in front of your mum??? Mental.

Maybe different areas associate different strengths of meaning to words, but it honestly just means something like “rubbish” to me (unless used in the particular sense of “going for a crap”).

I believe “rubbish” is the original meaning, with the scatological interpretation only appearing after Thomas Crapper invented the flush toilet.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I remember saying “fart” as a nine year old in a temper and I was mortified.

I absolutely love swearing now though. The more the ‘kin merrier I say.

StirlingCrispin

Except Thomas Crapper didn’t invent the flush toilet.

Still, swearing in front kids is always a crapshoot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘the word **** in a song on CBBC?’ is closed to new replies.