Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • The walking dead
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

As this is the only time we are joined downstairs by our son to watch any evening programme ..long may it continue ( I think he still gets a bit scared 😀 )

hodgynd
    Free Member

Dp

martinhutch

yeah yeah its crap but I still want to see it. Zombies!

Wouldn’t mind seeing some zombies in it. There needs to be a way to make them a bit more dangerous again.

jimjam
    Free Member

So glad I tapped out at Season 2 Episode 2. A work colleague convinced me to check out season 3, or perhaps it was 4 but either way it quickly became obvious that it was just same protracted nonsense.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Aha jimjam, these mean nothing to you then…

hodgynd
    Free Member

Lovely ..thanks for letting us know ..and I’m sure your life has taken a turn for the better 😀

jimjam
    Free Member

I used the time I would have wasted watching 8 seasons of the Walking Dead to watch better television 😆

moonsaballoon

We still watch it out of habit more than anything else , watched the first series of fear but gave up a couple of episodes in as I just found it more of the same .
    No zombies but if your into post apocalyptic stuff but with a very different tone to walking dead last man on earth is well worth a watch

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah same here, I’ll carry on watching it but not with the same enthusiasm. Although GoT is lauded for killing off main characters TWD was doing it well before – both seem to be adopting a more traditional line these days but at least GoT still has a reasonably complex & intriguing story to unfold, I just don’t see me caring half as much when TWD ends.

For me, the massive difference between TWD and GOT is, that GOT has a purpose – okay, so there are short little sub-plots and the odd character that just seems to disappear, but it’s going to tell you a story with a start, a middle and an end. I was a bit miffed they decided to make the last series two and spread it out, but it was mostly great so far.

The TWD has literally lost the plot, it’s becoming more soap opera, characters come, and they go, there are some plots that span a series or two – like the current Negan thing, but really, if you look at the series what usually happens is – ‘explosive’ first episode – pretty much half the story, then it dies down to a trickle of Soap Opera, love story, stab a few walkers in the face, Explosive mid-series finale with a chunky cliffhanger, starts again with Explosive first ep, Soap Opera for a few more weeks – cliffhanger.

I’ve not idea how it should end, but I suspect when it does, it will happen between series when someone pulls the plug on it, rather than a proper ending.

Jamie
    Free Member

Kind of ironic that TWD is basically a zombie TV show, just plodding on with no sense of purpose. Occasionally causing damage to peoples brains through it’s implausible actions.

miketually
    Free Member

TWD has literally lost the plot, it’s becoming more soap opera

I’m sure I remember reading somewhere that this is the intention.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Well I thought that was pretty good ..with more zombies than you could shake a pointy stick at ..

mooman
    Free Member

Yep – same nonsense. But still watching …

Why didn’t they just shoot Negan when he was standing unarmed, 50yds away on an elevated exposed balcony?

Almost as bizarre as how the slow easy to kill zombies actually wiped everyone else out … I guess I thinking too much

vinnyeh

Haven’t finished watching season 3 yet, but Fear the Walking Dead has rather implausibly turned into a better show than it’s parent, which is a bit of a turnaround.

iZombie is enjoyable light entertainment as well, for those with a zombie fixation.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

FTWD is terrible!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It’s been relegated to background viewing while I work for a few years but I thought s08e01 was probably the worst I’d seen. As mooman said, shoot him in the face? Nah wait for him to say his piece and then spray wildly. The saviours are still supposed to outnumber them, what do we do? Waste a shit tonne of ammo shooting windows, that’ll teach’em. A horde of zombies that can keep up with a motorbike that looks to be doing in excess of 30mph? Yep, that’s TWD. I’m sure there were a few other moments as well as the horribly overacted speeches by Rick and King Wotshisface.

martinhutch

You can tell the budgets have run out.

Not sure how we go from only just fighting off a detachment of Saviours at the end of the last series to complete domination now, the ability to drive right into their compound and up to the front door. It is only a series ago that the sheer size of Negan’s gang was revealed – hundreds of well-armed men. Where have they all gone?

Negan, who last series took possession of the anti-tank weapon that Daryl found, seems to have mislaid it when he actually needs it.

A few zombie extras, but no sign of any of the hundreds of folk who live on Negan’s compound.

I guess it will be back to sitting around talking and wandering around the woods randomly for the next six weeks or so.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Haven’t finished watching season 3 yet, but Fear the Walking Dead has rather implausibly turned into a better show than it’s parent, which is a bit of a turnaround.

This started as background viewing for me but in the second half of the latest series it’s really stepped up as something quite watchable, I think they’ve learned from GoT and now there’s the unpredictability that anyone could get their head stoved in with a hammer at any time.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep – same nonsense. But still watching …

Why didn’t they just shoot Negan when he was standing unarmed, 50yds away on an elevated exposed balcony?

So much this, Wife and I were watching and thinking aloud – just kill the ****, forget for a moment that he’s an evil ****, but if ever there was a case for ‘cutting off the head’ it’s probably a gang who go about chanting “I am Negan”.

He’s become almost Bond like now, a mystical ability to render his enemies unable to just shoot the prick when they have the chance – they’ll kill any number of his ‘red shirts’ without a moments pause of hesitation, but the truly evil **** – nah, lets give him a chance to surrender, and when he doesn’t lets **** his windows up – he’ll be furious come winter.

Still, guess I’m still watching, still invested – but Ep1 is usually the best episode of a series, bar the last one.

Anyone care to guess what all the flash forwards / backs are? I suspect the ones when he’s got the red eyes he’s dying / infected and the ones with the silly soft focus and longer beard are heaven. Lord only knows what the owl is – it’s all going a bit ‘lost’.

hodgynd
    Free Member

The reason they didn’t kill Negan..pretty obvious really ..they hadn’t got to the part of the script where Rick uses Negan’s own line on him..” You arent going to make me count are you “..obvious really .
    Negan doesn’t die ..he becomes Ricks poodle ..

BillOddie

Must admist I was quite underwhelmed by last night’s episode for all of the above reasons.

Also Rick Grimes is a shit shot.

P-Jay
    Free Member

BillOddie – Member
    Must admist I was quite underwhelmed by last night’s episode for all of the above reasons.

The way he waved that machine gun about when he fired he was lucky to his the building in front of him

martinhutch

Just by random chance alone Negan would be riddled with bullets.

Also, what happened to that sniper rifle that Michonne was learning to use last series? I seem to remember that half a boring, talking-too-much episode revolved around a prime sniping position covering that exact spot where Negan was standing…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG6vi8_p6vU[/video]

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Will watch it later but looks like they milking are it.

How long will they fight Negan for?

Damn it used to be so good.

I’m Negan.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m just disappointed this isn’t a thread about TM.

Pigface
    Free Member

Still enjoying it

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m sure the show creators are just trolling now, it can’t be as accidentally ridiculous as it’s become (not killing Neegan given ample opportunity in this specific case). I also couldn’t give a crap if the Rev dies, in fact he deserves to for sheer stupidity (not in the fact he’s regained his humanity/calling but just the way he tried to help).

I expect Neegan does have something up his sleeve, he wasn’t exactly unduly concerned when Rick showed up but I’m sure whatever it is will be disappointing (although at least it wasn’t the Hilltop deserting when asked, I would have switched off there and then if they had).

scotroutes

There’s a TWD and FTWD crossover coming up in this series. I guess that means I’d better start binging FTWD.

There seemed to be 4 timelines running in parallel at the start of S08E01.

1/ Rick on the truckbed.
    2/ Rick standing over two graves
    3/ Red eye Rick
    4/ Soft focus Rick.

1/ Became the start of the attack.
    2/ Not sure. Are those old graves from previous deaths or new ones post the attack?
    3/ Possibly suffering after the attack goes bad?
    4/ A dream/fantasy view of the future they’re fighting for (suggested by “Michonne” on the after-show).

It’s obvious that the first half of the series is going to be ear with the Saviors so there have to be some setbacks and lost battles.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rick on the truckbed.

Couldn’t quite figure that one out. Couldn’t remember if the reverend was there or not for that. Was it Rick saying “we’ve got them, let’s finish it” (ie the make-tomorrow-today thing) – so just after the attack on the saviours. Or was the truck bed scene just prior to the attack on the saviours?

The red-eye Rick did suggest a battle gone badly wrong though. Will they be losing a main character – maybe Coral? The reverend?

P-Jay
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    There’s a TWD and FTWD crossover coming up in this series. I guess that means I’d better start binging FTWD.

There seemed to be 4 timelines running in parallel at the start of S08E01.

1/ Rick on the truckbed.
    2/ Rick standing over two graves
    3/ Red eye Rick
    4/ Soft focus Rick.

1/ Became the start of the attack.
    2/ Not sure. Are those old graves from previous deaths or new ones post the attack?
    3/ Possibly suffering after the attack goes bad?
    4/ A dream/fantasy view of the future they’re fighting for (suggested by “Michonne” on the after-show).

It’s obvious that the first half of the series is going to be ear with the Saviors so there have to be some setbacks and lost battles.

2/ I’m fairly sure they were Glen and Abraham’s graves.

martinhutch

maybe Coral?

Had to think about that for a minute. 😀

scotroutes

2/ I’m fairly sure they were Glen and Abraham’s graves

I was thinking that too, but not sure. Might have to skip through series to check.

chip
    Free Member

I read earlier in the year this season was going to feature lots of toing and froing in time. I hope it doesn’t get on my wick.

Bugs me young Carl still shoulders a rifle on his right shoulder despite not having a right eye which would make aiming almost impossible.

also I too thought why they did not just shoot neagan and his chronies when they walked out.

P-Jay
    Free Member

young Carl

Who?

scotroutes

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1WFtQxAeas[/video]

chip
    Free Member

Ricks son

funkmasterp

Who?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aM9Ch97U8[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ricks son

Ohhh, you mean Coral!

vongassit
    Free Member

Did the last series end with rick getting launched of a highish platform by that annoying cult leader weird wordsmith type? During a failed uprising against Negan?

brakes
    Free Member

I watched the first couple of series and then the last one which was pretty good. this one has started badly – did any of Negan’s gang actually die, or did they just shower them in glass?
    best thing that could happen would be for Carl to get killed by that tiger.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘The walking dead’ is closed to new replies.