Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • The walking dead
  • jack1991
    Free Member

Was anyone else Disappointed by last nights the walking dead ?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I reckon I would’ve been if the last few series are anything to go by…

legend
    Free Member

Was better than the first half of the series. Nice to see some creative zombie slaying for the first time in a while

Pigface
    Free Member

It was ok, trying to figure out who he was smiling at, at the end.

A lot of slaughter but it was a little flat.

loddrik
    Free Member

1st season was amazing. Each season thereafter got steadily worse.

No coincidence that it got worse after Frank Darabont left.

jon1973
    Free Member

Was anyone else Disappointed by last nights the walking dead ?

I’ve been disappointed with pretty much every episode of S7. Haven’t watched last nights one yet. It’s definitely run its course.

jonnyboi

I was out after episode 1 of season 7.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I fell asleep

martinhutch

They really do need to get off the story arc of the graphic novels. All the getting together to face Negan, and The Kingdom is dull as ditchwater stuff. It needs stripping back to the basics with a smaller, more vulnerable group.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

trying to figure out whowhat he was smiling at, at the end.

The realisation that he’s just found his new army to take on the saviours.

Pigface
    Free Member

Thought last nights episode was pretty good.

BillOddie

Anyone else finding King Ezekiel annoying as ****?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thought last nights episode was pretty good.

Me too. Also enjoyed the mid-season return. Just want to see them get on with it and take the fight to the Saviours now.

martinhutch

Anyone else finding King Ezekiel annoying as ****?

Forsooth, let it be said that this is the case, verily.

Jamie
    Free Member

I like the fact the nihilists from The Big Lewbowski are surviving the zombie apocalypse.

muggomagic

Anyone else notice what looked like a plane behind Rick’s head when he was on top of the rubbish pile? Probably just missed in the editing, but never know with these shows.

Not nearly enough Negan since the mid season break.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Yep, saw that, but decided it was a bird, not a plane.

Do we know how much time has elapsed since “the event”? Cos that group last night seem to have gone all “mad max” apocalypse vocabulary pretty quick.

frankconway

The walking dead – plenty of them in Leeds.

FuzzyWuzzy

Was an OK episode, the underlying issue of the zombies just being mildly annoying bit-part players these days remains though. They have to contrive situations in which to make them seem any real threat. Even in the latest episode it was almost laughable as Rick and Michonne kept looking up concerned at the walkers half a mile away walking slowly towards them and then a couple of minutes later suddenly had to run through them pfft.
    As naff as it would be they need some super zombies like in World War Z once Negan’s dead (hopefully along with 99% of the current bloated cast) and make it a zombie survival show again

Pigface
    Free Member

My counter to that is that after so much time they are not scared by the “biters” almost blasé. They know how to kill them, many of them are in bad shape.

There was a discussion about how people would cope if the dead could run, as in World Was Z, the conclusion was they wouldn’t it would be game over.

legend
    Free Member

This weeks boss level zombie was pretty easy

martinhutch

Do we know how much time has elapsed since “the event”? Cos that group last night seem to have gone all “mad max” apocalypse vocabulary pretty quick.

Various time lines put it at only a couple of years at most, unless you’re Carl, in which case it’s about five years!

BillOddie

This weeks boss level zombie was pretty easy

defeated by some sofa cushions and a random trash bag of rags.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Yep. Needs a new show runner for me. It’s a bit too bleak as well. What’s wrong with a bit of hope? Where’s the bloody people? Why can no one communicate with other states or other countries. It needs to be scaled back cast wise and scaled up location wise. And it needs a road map to an end date before people start switching off in greater numbers.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Also noticed that the King sounded like Johnson from peep show for a while in that last episode.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Anyone else notice what looked like a plane behind Rick’s head when he was on top of the rubbish pile? Probably just missed in the editing, but never know with these shows.

I was temporarily blinded by the horrific CGI.

Jamie
    Free Member

I was temporarily blinded by the horrific CGI.

Wait. That was a green screen? It seemed so real!

😀

legend
    Free Member

No CGI, they’re having to use different tigers so sometimes it looks like it’s a different size

slimjim78
    Free Member

I found the last episode pretty dull. Im hangin in there as I want to see how the downfall of Negan comes about.
    Surely there has to be a wicked twist or two leading up to the liberation.

Agree that it would be good to see more zombie threat and isolation, but, isolation probably doesnt translate well to multiple seasons and the human element of such a landscape is an interesting subject.

Jamie
    Free Member

No CGI, they’re having to use different tigers so sometimes it looks like it’s a different size

We’re talking about this:

legend
    Free Member

Ah right, though we were on this guy:

Jamie
    Free Member

jimdubleyou

There’s a helipad in the background of that screen grab above too…

Maybe Negan will get taken out by a Hellfire missile from an Apache…

Pigface
    Free Member

Great episode last night 😆 some proper gruesome zombie killing

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

Great episode last night some proper gruesome zombie killing

I enjoyed it, I casually said “ah, this is the episode that Rick dies” I’m not sure where it came from, but my OH jaw hit the floor.

FuzzyWuzzy

Not sure if I enjoyed last night’s episode or not, I guess I was disappointed nothing properly kicked off but at the same time know the writers like to have a few padding build-up episodes before the big events of the season.

At least Carol’s back and an unstable Morgan is always a good thing, now I just want to see the tiger munching on Saviours…

scotroutes

Pigface – Member
    My counter to that is that after so much time they are not scared by the “biters” almost blasé. They know how to kill them, many of them are in bad shape.

The writers have explained that the long dead are deteriorating. The scarier ones will be those that have recently turned.

Good things from last night:

Force-of-nature Carol is back. I LOLed at the road sign scene.

Mental Morgan. He could go off in any direction.

Oceanside is about to get dragged in.

The dialogue between Rick and Michonne puts us on notice to be prepared for the loss of another major character.

ulysse
    Free Member

I wouldnt chuck Michonne out of the bed for eating crackers, i can tell thee…

FuzzyWuzzy

Meh, the contrived situations wind me up more than they should. I mean you get a decent sniper rifle but then come up with dumb reasons why it’s better to run into the compound carrying it. Next week better not be a CQB clearance of the compound using the sniper rifle else the writers have played too much Counterstrike…

P-Jay
    Free Member

@FuzzyWuzzy, I suspect we’ll all be disappointed by next week’s episode. It’s the last but one, it’ll be more staging and more tension building.

I’ve mentally prepared myself for the last one in 2 weeks to end on the Mother, Brother and Sister of a cliff hanger, it’s ‘how they do’.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘The walking dead’ is closed to new replies.