• This topic has 26 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Dave.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The Walking Dead
  • bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Sweet zombie Jesus, this is real television.

Bet Andrew Lincoln wishes he’d stuck with the solicitor/chef thing rather than becoming an American cop!

TRAILER:
    http://tinyurl.com/2df32zg

Jamie
    Free Member

…directed by Frank Darabont no less as well.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

http://tinyurl.com/2wg5cg6

The above link may or may not lead to a stream of episode 1 in it’s entirety – just wait 20 seconds for advert on screen to close. 😀

Not that I condone copyright liberation or anything.

ton

looks good that..

kimbers

is it as good as the comic?

which was really quite a harrowing read!

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

It starts on FX next week!
    I am more excited than is dignified for a grown man.

CountZero

Getting good reviews, at last a decent budget spent on something worth it. Not like The Event. Looking forward to it.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Watched the pilot last night, I thought it was pretty freakin’ awesome. Although the ‘teachers guys’ redneck accent is very variable.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just seen the trailer for this, doesnt look too shabby, starts Friday night at 10 on FX, may well give it a look see.

billybob
    Free Member

The above link may or may not lead to a stream of episode 1 in it’s entirety – just wait 20 seconds for advert on screen to close.

Not that I condone copyright liberation or anything.

Looks good, but I’ll wait til I can watch it in hd.

MushetPhoto
    Free Member

I’m glad I’m not the only giddy about this series… I’ll be Sky+ing it. The comic is soopoib and definitely worth a read if you’ve not already.

*geek alert* i went to the Thought Bubble convention in leeds last year and Charlie Adlard was there – got me a sweet original sketch:

billybob
    Free Member

Just watched the first episode – proper fantastic – surprisingly gory for telly & with one or two unexpectedly emotional punches.

deserter
    Free Member

I watched it premier on Halloween and loved it, really looking forward to the rest of the series

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Tomorrow night! Oh yeah.

Can’t wait to see episode 4…watching Atari Teenage Riot tonight though, then going to see Al Murray tomorrow night so will have to watch it online.

debaser

Really enjoying it. Good to see Frank Darabont getting his bleak on.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hahaha! slap stick comedy my favourite 😆

Car chases at 55kmh, we wouldn’t want to break the law?

Stingers that have big spikes, that explode when the cars drive over them, isn’t that a mine? and send the car into an uncontrollable spin. Let’s see more of those on the roads, not exactly safe but much better than the normal boring flat tyre crap!

Car lands 30 to 40 feet away and the drivers side is obscured, why fan out and have a great field of view, of the entire car. when you can stand their stroking your magnum.

He wakes up in hospital and walks around in his pants? outside? with bare feet just for the dramatic effect? Most people would get dressed, after so many years doing it, it’s just a responce.

Carrying all those guns for the dramatic effect YET AGAIN 😯 over your back, wonder how much they weigh, when you have a horse that has a back 10x larger than yours, how much sense does that make?

The whole thing is idiotic and that’s just the trailer.

Forcing your minds to digest utter nonsense!

Drain dead zombies everywhere, yes there are!

Alcopop
    Free Member

iv’e watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them never heard of the comics so nothing to gauge it against,Lincolns accent waivers a bit

U31
    Free Member

Got up to episode 4, love it so far…

kaesae, are you on some kind of drug? Do the zombies walking about in varied states of decay fit your reality criteria?

Its a fillum, ffs, suspension of disbilief and all that…

monotokpoint
    Free Member

yeah same, episode 4 this weekend for me. wish i had found it later rather than sooner, that way could have watched the lot in one evening!. the dude from This Life is v good

IdleJon

Its a fillum, ffs, suspension of disbilief and all that…

I always think that there has to be some sort of logic no matter how ridiculous the scenario is.

So when Andrew Lincoln finds himself disbelieving the fact that he’s woken up surrounded by zombies in one scene, then in the next he’s hitting one around the head to find out what happens………well, that just makes no sense.

I got bored during the first episode because apart from the effects there seemed to be nothing new.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I like it. Daft to expect anything ground-breaking. Better than anything currently on terrestrial IMO.

CHB

Very good TV. With a bit of wit in places.

kaesae
    Free Member

I wish you luck with your TV’s, no doubt the best way to spend your time is watching them?

CHB

Yes indeed kaesae.
    In fact its just like those internet screens, but with less chance of stumbling across crap writen by you.

😉

billybob
    Free Member

I always think that there has to be some sort of logic no matter how ridiculous the scenario is.

I was discussing that last night, & we came to the conclusion that when a film/tv or whatever exists with a set of rules & continues to exist within those rules it’s fine. As soon as they step outside these rules or make new rules to suit the scriptwriters as they did in Lost & Heroes the show soon goes downhill.

acjim
    Free Member

This show’s in the balance for me at the moment, I’ve enjoyed the more human elements (zombie mom etc) and the script is good, however the plot looks predictable – love triangle etc, and the temptation to adhere to zombie cliche (dept’ store etc) is strong. I’ll stick for the time being just as it’s a fresh concept in the series form.

Dave
    Free Member

If it sticks to the books plots it’ll be worth sticking with

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘The Walking Dead’ is closed to new replies.