Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • The Tories have done a jobby on me.
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nobody asked his girlfriend’s colour.

BH9ers post:

refused to let his pregnant girlfriend (white Zimbabwean) into the UK.

I think it’s a reasonable question really.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

QUOTE:
    #
    Elfinsafety – Member

I’m still wondering what relevance his GFs colour has…
    Posted 14 minutes ago # Report-Post
    UNQUOTE.

By way of contrast, I’m not surprised in the slightest that you picked up on one little detail and are clinging to it like a deranged doberman 😈

chewkw
    Free Member

Get married if the relationship is serious otherwise you are looking at company transfer that requires earning beyond £40k plus meeting the point based system. You can get married in the UK after that one of you needs to apply for spouse visa (not sure which one of you should apply) to come to UK.

Because doggy agents constantly abuse the system I am afraid the govt has no choice but to impose a cap. I am not sure the open door policy to EU is going to solve the problem of immigration though as I think the cap should equally apply to EU IMO.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

doggy agents

How does one become one of these?

I’m a big fan of the album Doggy Style by Snoop Doggy Dogg if that helps?

BHN – by including ‘White’ in your description you are unwittingly (possibly?) implying that this should have a bearing on her application for UK citizenship.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m not surprised in the slightest that you picked up on one little detail and are clinging to it like a deranged doberman

I’m equally unsurprised that you can’t actually explain why you made that comment….

I know why you did though. It’s ok.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Yeti- well, he wasn’t allowed into the UK either.

She did once own a dog, but it’s dead and I’m sure Big Society Dave doesn’t know about it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie- it’d not be a sham

Oh alright………..glad to hear it 8)

And don’t worry – I wasn’t going to phone the hotline ’til tomorrow anyway.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Ernie_lynch shut down in 2 posts?

That has cheered me up…

😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, someone mentioned the ‘sham marriage’ thing earlier. Immigration bods could come round to check up on you; check how many toothbrushes are in the bathroom, what clothes are in cupboards etc. Apparently they can be very intrusive and rude. I know folk who’ve been ‘investigated’, and they say it’s a horrible and humiliating experience. Asking stuff like what contraception is used, all sorts. Fair enough they have their job to do, but some can take it a bit far, you know.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

he wasn’t allowed into the UK either.

Christ, I’m far too on topic tonight.

Good luck to you mate, the course of true love never runs smooth and all that. Get married in Vegas though, it’d make one hell of a story…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Gretna Green?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Immigration bods could come round to check up on you; check how many toothbrushes are in the bathroom, what clothes are in cupboards etc. Apparently they can be very intrusive and rude. I know folk who’ve been ‘investigated’, and they say it’s a horrible and humiliating experience. Asking stuff like what contraception is used, all sorts.

Ah, that old scam.

You’ve got some friends that have fallen for that classic pervert’s scam have you ?

chewkw
    Free Member

LOL @ “doggy” agents. Yes, doggy dog … should be dodgy agents.

If she comes from Zim but her ancestors or grandparents might be from UK then she has a chance otherwise keep applying using good lawyer or if her ancestors come from one of the EU nation that allows ancestors route then she can apply for there to become an EU citizen …

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😳

Happened to one couple I know. The bloke ended up getting really angry and throwing them out. Made a complaint, got an apology. Din’t get harassed again, but the point is, that because there have been so many marriages of convenience, Immigration officials have had to get a bit sneaky.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Din’t get harassed again, but the point is, that because there have been so many marriages of convenience, Immigration officials have had to get a bit sneaky.

I think the point is that it’s precisely the kind of information that inquiring about would cause offence, that the officers need to ask about in order to really corroborate the claim that marriage is genuine.

hora
    Free Member

OP how many people come here on student visas who then decide they want to stay?

What if I went to America on a Student visa and decided I wanted to stay there? Would I find it difficult? Yes I would. Is it the US government’s fault? Are they evil?

Why are you blaming ‘the Tories’?

Its not the governments fault.

Go and see an immigration solicitor and stop moaning. My Brother in law has spent the last two years doing this.

anjs
    Free Member

I had exactly this problem 10 years ago so its not new. The only option we had back then when my American girlfriends stundent visa ran out was for her to go home and come back 3 month later on a temp visa and get married with in 6 months.

Sandwich

Gretna Green

Racist! 😀

Eyepic
    Free Member

How much does it cost to get married or form a civil partnership?
    What you need to do Cost
    Give notice before registering a marriage or civil partnership £33.50
    Register a marriage or civil partnership at a register office £40.00
    Register a marriage or civil partnership on approved premises The cost for attendance by the superintendent registrar and registrar is set by the local authority.

A further charge is likely to be made by the owners of the building for the use of the premises.
    Cost of religious ceremony in the Church of England or Church in Wales Please check fees with the vicar of the church in which you are planning to marry.
    Cost of religious ceremony at a building other than Church of England or Church in Wales Unless the building has an Authorised Person, there will be an £80 fee for the registrar. There may be further fees charged by the trustees of the building and the person who performs the ceremony.
    Cost of marriage or civil partnership certificate on the day £3.50

Do we need to have a whip around??

anjs
    Free Member

The finiacces visa is not cheep however, think it was over $500 10 years ago

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am not TJ.

mogrim

The wedding thing’s not new, when I was renewing my passport a couple of years back one of the notes on the form was about spouses, anything less than two years marriage was “doggy” in their eyes.

anjs
    Free Member

My wife had a harder time getting an NI number than the permanent residency

JEngledow
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to read all the responses so sorry if this has already been said, but if you hate this country so much, why don’t you both just naff off somewhere else together? 🙄

cinnamon_girl

A pretty tactless post by the OP, imo.

Unemployment in this country currently stands at ?

Go figure.

anjs
    Free Member

Just checked the visa is now $750

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

JEngledow – Member

You’ve done it now.

Somewhere in a poxy East London bedsit, Elfin’s bat phone is going off, he’ll be along shortly to accuse you of wanting to send ‘them’ back to where they came from.

In this case America, but y’know…tomorrow you might be referring to a Bangladeshi or something.

ahwiles
    Free Member

worst case, you’re forced marrying your girlfriend on a budget.

use your imagination to make it special, not buckets of cash.

and then use your savings to pay off your mortgage early.

retire early.

then bugger off round Britain/the med/the world on a really nice yacht.

this immigration cap nonsense will be the best thing that ever happened to you.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m not TJ either!

hora
    Free Member

I am TJ. Come on, argue with me and I shall destroy you.

JEngledow
    Free Member

bravohotel9er 😆

Although I’m not trying to send anyone back to where they came from, but instead suggest that SpokesCycles looks at somewhere new that he and his GF can be together (hopefully somewhere he doesn’t ‘hate’)!

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m rapidly starting to hate the whole country for suddenly becoming so unpleasant a place to live in the last 6 months.
    They will ruin everything. The NHS, the Forests, the Industry, the Railways, the country’s safety (anyone notice the cuts to flood defences today) and destroy the poor whilst allowing the rich to carry on as normal.

Don’t get married for her to be able to stay when you don’t want to be here

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why are you blaming ‘the Tories’?

Its not the governments fault

Sorry who do we blame for the legislation the government introduces then?

can’t be bothered to read all the responses so sorry if this has already been said, but if you hate this country so much, why don’t you both just naff off somewhere else together?

Nor even the opening post but dont let your ignorance prevent you from experessing an opinion

She’s fallen in love with the country, doesn’t enjoy living in the States and the UK is now where she calls home, and has previously welcomed her with open arms.

Now they’ve dredged up this “they’ll take our jobs” nonsense that will be the scurge of our country. The UK is what it is because of its multi cultural society with people from all over the world being allowed to pass in relatively easily. They do jobs we can’t, but some of them just want to call it home

they love it here I dont even need to have a pop at your repatriation view to make you look foolish. Wonders if you will keep digging
    bravohotel9er 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

I would be TJ but for some reason Wikipeadia is blocked on this box
    Taking that off TJ is akin to tying a boxers arms behind his back 🙂

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Junkyard, WTF?

If delicate little flowers like you want to take offence at everything, all of the time, that’s just fine with me.

Everyone needs a hobby.

br
    Free Member

1 Get married
    2 Move to the States – and then you’ll have the problem, see 1.
    3 Both move somewhere else – hmm, see 1.
    4 Get her to apply for UK citizenship, thats what one of the Yanks that use to work for me did – not sure of rules etc

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Please refrain from using terms like ‘Yanks’ please, Junkyard is already on the verge of tears.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you would be more upset if you did not annoy a guardian reading tree hugging tofu muncher with your hilarious posts and goading wouldn’t you 😉

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I’d consider it a day wasted.

steveh

You can apply for a visa for being in a relationship akin to marriage rather than actually having to be married. A friend of mine came over on a temp/working visa for 2 years, then moved to a 2 year relationship visa from there. They were not married but lived together etc and that was enough.

Sounds to me like you need to get some proper advice, there is a centre you can go to (near london i think) to get advice direct.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘The Tories have done a jobby on me.’ is closed to new replies.